jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

If you died tomorrow would you have unfinished business?

1. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 2 years ago

If you died tomorrow would you have unfinished business?

I'm not trying to bring up the subject of ghosts, I'm just asking if you'd be satisfied with the life you've lived? Is there anything you'd regret or wish you had more time to accomplish?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12835914_f260.jpg

2. profile image61
    peter565posted 2 years ago

I honestly have nothing to live for and is just waiting to die. So sad

1. Oneironaut profile image76
      Oneironautposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I hope that changes for you, Peter. This planet has so many amazing things to do and to see. May you be inspired to find pleasure in at least one of them

3. Oneironaut profile image76
    Oneironautposted 2 years ago

The business I have in my body concludes when my time in my body concludes. Fear and regret take away from enjoyment of life.

4. davidlivermore profile image97
    davidlivermoreposted 2 years ago

Yes, a hundred times yes.

I'm at a age where I think about death a lot.  I believe my last day could be today and it scares me.  I regret so much yet won't do anything to rectify it.  I'm scared each day that it will be the last day I will live.

I really don't know what to do about it.

5. profile image0
    Commonsensethinkposted 2 years ago

Not at this point of my life.

There are things that I wish I had done differently when I was much younger, poor career decisions, girls I dated I shouldn't have and vice versa, courses that I should have studied and so forth.

But most people of my age can look back and correct their past mistakes mentally. Physically they have happened, they're over, and you make the best of the outcome. Wishful thinking serves no purpose.

My situation now doesn't leave much by way of alternatives. Anything that needs doing gets done. Preferably in advance.

I am not happy with my life? Then I should remember what my always modest working-class parents in the North of England taught me many years ago - look round the world and understand that I have in many ways been fortunate, so many people still have it so much worse.

6. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12836370_f260.jpg

Bottom line is I will have unfinished business. Keeping it simple I see it as there are four dimensions or planes of existence for me. And, each have an essence of me. Those four are the body, mind, soul, and spirit. Each is independent while interconnect and interact together as one. So, if one has unfinished business then all have unfinished business.

Simply, of the body is my experience of the physical. Some unfinished business would be my cremation process, closing accounts like here at HP, banking, disposition of my physical property, gov't stuff, and etc. Those would hopefully be achieved by following instructions left by me to make it easy for loved ones. Those are of my essence.

So, they would be communicating with me of essence at the rational thought level. They may question those instructions with memory and thoughts. They would be assessing my thinking with my intentions and motives while rationally experiencing me through communication. They could imagine a conversation with me. They would be dealing / handling my physical world through interacting with me. So, now there are two dimensions of essence.

Remembering all four interconnect and interact one may safely say since of two then of four . . . thus, all have unfinished business. At this juncture is acceptance and having a will to believe the above. Then,definitions and meanings with soul and spirit.

7. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Whether I die today, tomorrow or a year from now, I'll be leaving unfinished business.  The question would be, what sort of business?  There's very little we can leave unfinished that A) absolutely MUST be done or terrible things will happen or B) Someone else could not easily complete if they find it necessary.

I was never compelled to create one of those foolish "bucket lists," people discuss.  Living in the moment has it's own benefits and pleasures.  What needs planning gets done and the rest I cast to the wind.

Because above all else I treasure & adore my "family" (sons, spouses, their kids) & closest of friends, any concerns or bequeathing is well documented & I have no secrets from them.  I'm comfortable in this regard.

While I will grant that most of us have had thoughts that some things in our lives may have been done better or with more effort & common sense (or even NOT done at all)....Guess what folks?  We don't get "Do-Overs."  Hopefully, as part of the growing & advancement process, we learned, improved and moved on.  If not, forgive and forget...or at least one or the other. Remember the words of Forest Gump, "S-it Happens."

We cannot literally "take anything with us," so It seems to me that while we're still among the living, we should enjoy what we have, share it all, & give away what we choose, to those who matter to us.

I will have done my best to make every moment count, to say what I've wanted others to know, loved with all my heart and suggested to those unsavory individuals who enjoy doing harm, to GET and STAY out of my sight. 

Where ever I traveled, the many many things I learned and whatever I could teach others, I did as I went along.   Unfinished business?  Certainly nothing I'll allow to cause me stress nor worry.  I came into the world a brand new Free Spirit.....I suspect I'll leave a slightly old, very wise Free Spirit.

8. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

My biggest unfinished business would be the raising of my minor children.

9. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 2 years ago

Thank you all for answering this. There are many interesting answers here. I wish you all the best!

working