What MAKES you "THINK" you are JUST a physical body with NO spirit ???

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (305 posts)
  1. Elijah7 profile image60
    Elijah7posted 11 years ago

This question, ONCE properly answered and understood, will FOREVER change your opinions regarding the Time Honoured Subject of LIFE AFTER DEATH.

The challenge is for YOU to PROVE you have NO soul, no spirit, and THEREFORE, when you die THAT'S IT - NOTHING afterwards....

Provide your detailed evidence for the non-existence of your PERSONAL spirit man or woman, living in your body for a Season.

As a soul ABLE to prove the Opposite of this IS Indeed TRUE (absolutely Gospel), my personal starting Point is HEREWITH below.

Where exactly is YOURS ?????? ?????? ??????

†  Genesis 2 : 7 † 

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
    and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
    and man became a living soul."

†  Ecclesiastes 3 : 21

"Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward,
    and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

†  Ecclesiastes 12 : 5 - 7

"Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high,
    and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish,
    and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail:
    because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken,
    or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:
    and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it
    ."

AMEN

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6479470.jpg

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As any debater knows it is night impossible to prove a negative, the burden of proof lies on the person who makes the assumption, you assume there is a spirit even though you cannot observe it, I assume nothing because I cannot observe anything, the burden of proof lies on you to prove there is a soul not the other way round.

1. WD Curry 111 profile image58
        WD Curry 111posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Please. I know of no such rule. I'll debate the negative if I can support it. Hello? You don't have to prove anything in a debate, only win it. You are dancing around the fact that the point is mute. Man not only has a spirit. Man is a spirit, who has a body.

We all have much to learn. Some more than others.

1. EinderDarkwolf profile image60
          EinderDarkwolfposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You have to prove something exists before you can prove whether or not you have it. You can't prove that the soul or spirit exists, there fore you can't prove whether or not you have it either. The whole subject of this thread is such that it can't be done either way.

Thanks for explaining it to me.

http://www.conduitgroup.com.au/_images/storyicons/mad_professor.jpg

2. A Troubled Man profile image57
          A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And, your evidence for that is what?

A "Forum Frog" with a big mouth told me.

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRykg87_SQj2eR_Rw8CKLCuLbP5whonqd5TZ_SPlXDGb2xoN37aZw

There were no Hubs, only lonely croaking.  cool

1. A Troubled Man profile image57

So, you have no evidence whatsoever and prefer to solicit childish responses.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDAM-vjTBl1SXiDdHUIyNAEo8SIdv3xCzDvxCPc2Q-kO3c3tt9

That does it. I'm leaving!

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
                  Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey WD!  Come on back!  Don't go away mad!  lol  Can't you take a joke?  tongue

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoKYI8AE4oT0BX4XI31AX161A_dq6aC-jEPe7UiScZZD5hkA-B

I might come back to do some Forum Frog gigging.  cool

3. twosheds1 profile image60
          twosheds1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You know now! Think about it. The burden of proof always lies on those making a claim. There is no way to logically prove a negative.

In a debate, you have to prove nothing. You present the the most convincing and persuasive argument. By your assertion, you have painted yourself into the corner, and you aren't even out of the blocks. Your king is already in check because of your first brash move.

You have determined to make your stand on an absolute that does not exist. Your house is built on sand.

Oh yes, totally convincing and persuasive argument. lol

Did you hear a Forum Frog? I think I did.

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR88KhG4YHE4EtyxsH7b93-OJQteOMzCHXXOl2uUTVgYuAS_NxZqQ

Ribbit . . . ribbit . . . ribbit!

Wow, grow up, dude.

Are you feeling the grip?

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwIw68oSVzWMyCNZtZEexeOMw2teasM13NTNztZgDDDU_TqtBrWw5MBwBuYg

2. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know you all like to pretend you are debating here. But what you are actually doing is arguing. I'm afraid you do have to provide proof if you are going to state there is, or is not, a human soul.

It doesn't matter how eloquently one might speak. Without cold hard facts, you are bandying about opinions.  And you can't 'win' the argument with an opinion.

Give me a break. What does ditty wa ditty mean? Prove it. We can not make a determination without proof. Whoa is me!

http://youtu.be/6lyZd0JZCK0

Why can't we just be friends?

1. profile image0
                  Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm your friend, little guy. I'm a bit of a fan. You seem to have the atheists on the ropes and irritated.

But, it's all yakking (all the way around) without proof.

1. profile image0
                    AKA Winstonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you guys not understand that proof is opinion?  One of the best examples was the O.J. Simpson trial.  What was proof of guilt to the DA was proof of innocence to the jury.

There is no such thing as irrefutable proof because there is always someone who won't accept it.  Proof is only proof if you believe it.

So why do you keep asking for proof?  What is the point?

Here is a clue: it is not about proof and evidence.  It is all about reason and rationality.  And I offer no proof of that claim, so you'll have to reason it out for yourselves.

2. WD Curry 111 profile image58

You are right. There is no worthy endeavor where

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvRIVzSMF1oWcjty9NvM_gQ9aWYhM6zG8HQTt2jBKQ5lt95HdD

the heart and imagination do not factor in.

3. A Troubled Man profile image57

Sorry, are you a fan of his because he is immature and childish and that's what you perceive as having "the atheists on the ropes"?

That certainly says a lot about you.

3. profile image0
              Chasukposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If the point of debating is to "win" rather than honestly explore the truth or falsity of the issue at hand, then you are correct.

1. A Thousand Words profile image67
                A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, it depends on the debate I suppose. And the people having it. One would hope that on an important issue at least, it would be about finding the truth.

Maybe you don't understand debate. Besides, there is no winning a debate against the fact that Man is a spiritual being. If you want the truth, then realize it.. Man has no spirit? That is preposterous. Have you ever seen a man die? That isn't proof enough?

It is a song about a rose, or maybe the shadow of a rose.
                http://youtu.be/wv3Z3eb0flY

It isn't any proof at all, it's pure unfounded assertion based on ignorance.

Now I have you right where I want you.

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiwRZzKdAAnyaixDq0csusPpmd9ttKwAF8DvC2Cb4easBjEekZdw

Fine specimen of a Forum Frog.
                         Do Forum Frogs have a spirit?

2. profile image0

I understand that debate is argument in a formal style, and that this formal style  often involves intellectual bullying, mockery, and theatricality. Virtually any type of behavior is permitted as long as it enables winning. However, debate doesn't have to be engaged that way. The alternative -- a formal commitment to dispassion, a rigorous attention to logic and reason -- is hard work. I understand entirely why it is seldom employed.

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfNSE4ZvOTMnTvWjauIKUkHWsYc2QB_TzA9G3FcLz662bueTICdw

Ya think?

3. profile image0

+1

Go back to sleep.

4. profile image0

Well, it is plain by this comment that you have little-to-no experience with death.  Tell me, what are the signs of eminent death?  Can you tell me the changes that occur a month out?  How about the final 72 hours?

I see death on a constant basis - it is a purely biological event.  The consciousness slips away as the body diverts its remaining energy into keeping the heart, lungs, and brain stem alive and the body continues to live until the energy can no longer provide enough fuel for cellular function and the breathing stops and the heart stops.

There is no whoop-de-doo moment of sprit separating from body.  It is all quite matter-of-fact and unstoppable.

You people who hope and dream about miracles are simply children pissing your pants because you are scared to face reality without superdaddy to hold your hand.  And your beliefs cause unnecessary conflict and emotional harm.

How so? That is a poor bit of analysis. Give it up junior. You can't hang.

1. profile image0

You are totally clueless.  Go play with the kiddies.  All you know how to say is "Halleleujah, I believe!".  Well, whoop-da-de-doo-da for you.  Why don't you learn some reasoning skills while you're not doing any other type thinking?

You answered not one of my questions, wiseguy - tell me how you know someone is going to die within 72 hours.  Or tell me what happens to a terminally ill person a month or so  before death.

You're the expert bubba - enlighten us with your acumen.

4. LewSethics profile image59
          LewSethicsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Forget about it.  WD says the point is mute, so there it is.

1. Richawriter profile image81
            Richawriterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think it 'was' forgotten many posts ago.

It has since become something far from a discussion of whether there is a soul or not.

I agree with you though.

It is over.

Finally . . . wisdom. If I say it, you can believe it.

http://youtu.be/Lpa2YuCw0kg

haha!

So very true! smile

2. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@elijah please stop quoting from 2k year old books...authors of those books wrote to best of their ability but unfortunately lacked exposure , tool and enough developed science to know complexities of our universe...even we know less , so we cant blame people who existed 2k yrs back...

coming to your question....as josak said ....spirit is assumption and since u assumed there is spirit , now u got to prove that there is one...

3. EinderDarkwolf profile image60

Circular Logic. Your asking everyone else to prove that it does exist in order to prove that they don't have it. It's stupid. You prove that it does exist, equally, and for everyone, and then people can prove whether or not they have it.

4. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

5. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
      Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The challenge is not on anyone to DISprove a soul or a spirit. You are the one claiming that they exist so YOU have to prove that they do.

You cant disprove flying monkeys in another galaxy that doesnt mean they exist.

What you are doing is one of the most common fallacious theist arguments that ever existed. You dont honestly believe it do you?

6. Richawriter profile image81

The bible means nothing to me, just another book (and I love books), although I won't say that it is false or truthful in its teaching that there is a God and man has spirit because at this moment it is unprovable.

What I will say, in my humble opinion though is this: Even though I don't believe in the doctrine that the bible preaches, I do believe that there is a soul or at least some leftover residue of ourselves that continues on into either another existence or is re-integrated into the system in some way just as physical matter is.

Perhaps it is better that we don't know. The uncertainty may make life much more interesting. If we were to ever find out that there is or isn't a soul and it became public knowledge, there would be some massive ramifications.

As a species we are not ready for that kind of knowledge, still far too ignorant.

The mystery is what makes it so intriguing though, the possibilities for what happens after death are endless when it is still so mysterious and unknown.

Knowledge is good. It goes beyond what we can sense in many areas. Microwave technology is one example. Personally, I think you are on the right track. I have certain beliefs that I hope to share someday. Meanwhile, I am happy to hear yours. They make sense and you express them well. We have to live with the mystery. There is not enough knowledge to span the gap.

I think it is safe to say that you are a man seeking peace and prosperity for us all.

I'd love to hear some of your beliefs as I think they'd probably be interesting, given your good nature.

Do you one day plan to put them into a hub or a few hubs?

I do have plans to do so. not just yet though. In time.

You know those people online that have become immensely popular just by writing very cynically about the goverment etc? There are a few. I'd like to see more people who write positively and optimistically about the human race and the possible futures we might attain, and I'd also like to see them become immensely popular. I know it won't happen, at least not now.

If I could somehow write stuff like that, I would.

Everything ever done was always done by those with great imagination and faith and they were always opposed by cynics and those with no imagination. They didn't listen, they drowned out the clamoring voices and mocking tones and shocked the world with future changing discoveries.

They are so few, yet they are the ones changing the world. The cynics are so many, and when do we see them ever changing the world for the better?

Oops, I went off on another path there, sorry! 

Thanks again WD Curry! Take care, mate.

I have Hubs. There are a few dedicated to spiritual subjects. As with most writers, my beliefs seep into the text on the other ones. Not everyone thinks I am good natured, but it is all good. We all need the same thing. It is not so hard to do right, and it feels so good at the end of the day. Why argue? There is enough strife. Everyone knows right from wrong.

http://youtu.be/tu8Rx4zz-3U

We will be seeing you around, and I am sure your ambitions don't end here.

Awesome!

I'll read those spiritual ones a bit later tonight when I have posted a couple of my own.

Great song, very appropriate!

See you soon, my friend.

7. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

proving it would be impossible, literally. i would rather have it proven by someone because people live their lives based on nothing but faith in something they can't prove and it's absurd to say the least. when we die, we die and that is just how it is.

http://beginwithin.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/native-american.jpg

There are those who have discovered evidence in the creation.
        You must learn to sit still, listen and percieve what you see

http://youtu.be/u6ACUQE_beY

8. Titen-Sxull profile image72
      Titen-Sxullposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This post stems from a fundamental misunderstanding of the way the burden of proof works.

Doubt requires no proof, it merely requires someone to be unconvinced.

9. profile image0
      Matthew Kirkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The amount of rubbish you post about god and being mental Elijah7, I think I'm going to flag you for being too promotional.

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL9ZV_JwMI3YBKvS862uPWI3XDsqpyAaJocxFrixIFYv3rj1fo

10. artblack01 profile image60
      artblack01posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Assumptions abound, lack of evidence for something negates any real reason for believing in it except by faith. By faith you can believe anything true or false. The idea if salvation and damnation is an empty promise and empty threat without evidence to back it up.  A book claiming to be the word of god with testimony by people of questionable education and mental stability and even existence themselves is not evidence for anything except that people believed in things like that.  There are over 20 religious beliefs in the world today all saying that you will go to their particular brand of hell.  What if we are both wrong, by your own standard we will both burn in someone's hell. How do you find out what is true? Evidence exists for all that is real.

11. profile image0

I don't know how you found out, but as for me I Googled it...

2. artblack01 profile image60
    artblack01posted 11 years ago

There is no evidence that anything spiritual exists and is anything but the imagination of human beings.  There is also no evidence that the Bible was written, imagined and concieved by anyone other than human people.
    In order to believe that a spiritual realm exists you'd either have to be ignorant of reality or dismiss reality and believe for the sake of believing and not because something is true or false.
    How do you find out if something is true?  Evidence that can be tested and proven to be true.

Elijah7posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Psalm 69 : 21
      "They gave me also gall for my meat;
      and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink."

Psalm 22 : 16
      "For dogs have compassed me:
      the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me:
      they pierced my hands and my feet."

Psalm 34 : 20
      "He keepeth all his bones:
      not one of them is broken."

ABOVE PROPHECIES WRITTEN AROUND 1000 BC

Isaiah 7 : 14
      "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign;
      Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son,
      and shall call his name Immanuel."

Isaiah 53 : 5
      "But he was wounded for our transgressions,
      he was bruised for our iniquities:
      the chastisement of our peace was upon him;
      and with his stripes we are healed."

Isaiah 53 : 7
      "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
      yet he opened not his mouth:
      he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter,
      and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb,
      so he openeth not his mouth."

READ HERE ALSO :

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se … ersion=KJV

ABOVE PROPHECIES WRITTEN AROUND 712 BC

Zechariah 12 : 10
      "And I will pour upon the house of David,
      and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem,
      the spirit of grace and of supplications:
      and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced,
      and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son,
      and shall be in bitterness for him,
      as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

ABOVE PROPHECY WRITTEN AROUND 520 BC

There are literally, thousands of Biblical Prophecies Written multiple hundreds of years before The Historical Events Transpired in Recorded Reality, even right up to NOW AD 2012.

These Tsunamis of Fulfilled Written Prophecies
      are ALL Contained in ONE MOST HOLY BOOK !!!

This Supernatural History Book ALSO States THIS :-

James 2 : 26
      "For as the body without the spirit is dead,
      so faith without works is dead also."

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6479885_f248.jpg

You have nothing, nada, zilch, zero, nil!  Why would anyone in their right mind wish to be like you?  If you are going to heaven, this speaks volumes as to the genius of your god.  I've often wondered why such a deity always chooses the most ignorant of humans to spread his message.  Apparently he doesn't want intelligent followers.  What else could the reason be?  Your excuse?

1. profile image0
          Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You hit the nail on the head, but it's not that God didn't want us to have knowledge, the writers of the bible didn't want us to think. Ignorance must have worked for societies a few thousand years ago, but a uneducated nation would not do well today. The story of Adam and Eve illustrates this perfectly. The apple represents knowledge and once you take a bit out of knowledge you can't go back because you see how silly all these spirits are. The writers of the bible didn't want critical thinkers because most like they would ask why this or why that.
          Reminds me of the hub I just read about the finding of the Arc. It is said that it was 512 feet I believe. That's half the size of a cruise ship, one might ask how they would get every animal alive on a boat that small. When that story was written they didn't know of the America's or Australia.
          Silly silly nonsense.

Still, this only shows that some people can accept silly ideas. What you are doing is recruiting allies to reinforce your opinion. You have presented nothing that indicates that Man is not a spiritual being, only that some believe in books that you don't accept.

No one has been accused of a crime, here. The case does not require proof "beyond a shadow of doubt". The judges weigh the preponderance of the evidence. I have provided enough evidence to keep any poor soul, who is that bored and lonely, busy for a whole day. It is evidence of spirit, and soul. It towers above your total lack of evidence.

You have offered nothing but opposition, loathing, and ridicule.

I see no need to continue. It is all here for the reader (judges) to ponder. I know I have presented more than enough truth to bolster my argument.

Man is a spirit who has a body. cool

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU_gBOFkC2UfAZiPASSjqDXgQsm9tWz6KJJJHnyXOEpCDyg9v03Ha9NK10
                   http://youtu.be/aclcD36r44Q

I rest my case.

lol And, that is supposed to your argument, full of evidence? lol

Dang! You have been stalking me.
                https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP-I6XKH6GUSdLKUADRh1oDIBMBDMMTbNav1jgNiC3NNC0Bh8Z
                That's really weird!

2. profile image0

Lets have a look at your soul shall we?

Is it music?
              Humans aren't the only animal that possess the ability to keep can recognize rhythm. So your soul can't be music.

Is it consciousness?
              It has been proven that consciousness resides in a particular part of the brain. It's purpose is to bring legitimacy to the sub-conscious. A kind of play by play if you will. The more conscious one is the more they are aware of there Sub-conscious. Consciousness usually resides in our left hemisphere, we know this because of the word done with split brained patience. Consciousness can be turned on and off by medicine. Time stopes durning surgery, consciousness has been taken away. Consciousness is therefore a product of the brain. When the brain dies so does consciousness. So the soul can't be connected to consciousness.

Is the soul something else?
              Well then it doesn't matter does it. If it can be proven that the soul is not consciousness then we will have no consciousness after death even if there is a soul.

It is not my burden to prove we don't have souls, it's yours to prove we do, but I can prove consciousness is a product of the brain and thereby prove we can't take consciousness with us after we die. I don't like it either, but there it is.

The soul is the conscious part. The brain is merely a tool, which the soul utilizes much the same way you or I would utilize a car.

We are souls in SPACE SUITS!

Prove It

Hold still.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgqqc9TitXEGL4Pv-b2laDMI5uU8AMZ2txiwWsDr1MMtx3SrKc

That's not what neuroscience says about the brain at all, quite the opposite, in fact. This can easily be accounted for with those who have brain injuries or have some other form of handicap that influences that part of the brain functions.

You sound like you have first hand experience.

3. profile image0

Consciousness is a product of the brain. That is a proven fact. Consciousness can be turned on and off. People in Coma's are not conscious. The doctor turns of Consciousness to preform surgery. We know consciousness resides in the left hemisphere of most people.

We don't take consciousness with us when we die just as we don't take our brain with us.

You came to this conclusion, how?

2. artblack01 profile image60

For a long time not only did the powers that be not want us to have any knowledge as per the Bible but they decided we would get the wrong idea or misinterpret the Bible itself if we knew how to read it... The dark ages was that time period, the religious leaders of that time not only did not allow us to read or learn to read but we were not allowed to read the Bible.
            Knowledge is power, the more you know the less control someone else can exert over you. It's why all these religious people here try and put doubt in your mind over what is real, if god is real they can tell you what to think and how to feel and true human empathy dies.

There hasn't been a god yet which dared to show himself to the masses. All of the gods seemed to follow the basic god guidelines whether they were good gods or bad gods.

1-They are all invisible and require blind faith and or delusion for them to exist.

2-Their followers can only communicate with them in their own minds.

3-They have strange powers and can read the minds of human beings and affect their lives.

4-They have a say in what happens to us after we die but claim our actions contribute to the outcome.

5-They all have special messengers to pass along their wishes to us mere mortals.

6-They often choose the most knowledge challenged of humans to pass along their extremely important messages.

And the rule book goes on and on.  What a coincidence the one true god would follow the same guidelines as the many gods which were merely false idols.  The old "don't believe in that guy even though his problems are the same as mine" alibi.  How can it be called "free will" when the evidence against a god is so overwhelming? 

So God made a perfect being who turned out to be flawed, was apparently tempted by God, as who else could penetrate God's perfect creation, and now is blamed with tempting more of God's creations.

But get this!  Both God, Satan, and of course we human beings, all know the outcome.  Why, it says so right in the handbook, doesn't it?  It's already planned out and has been forever.   I don't know what else to say other than I suppose I am one of those you guys think is on Satan's side.  Not because I am a bad person, no that seems to be only secondary to worshiping something I simply can't believe exists. 

But because I don't believe the same way others do.  What an exasperating exercise in futility.  But I suppose gods have to have something to do with their time....oh, that's right....they have no sense of time.  My bad. tongue

2. ptosis profile image68
              ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wonder how come the USA has the crappiest school system in all the first world nations and why they are self-sabotaging the future economy for the next generation. There is no new manufacturing and the gov't stimulus for infrastructure has one city's bridge sections built in China!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6498129_f248.jpg

A good book to read:

The dictator's handbook : why bad behavior is almost always good politics  by Bruce Bueno de Mesquita

I was disturbed to find out there are actual school teachers here who embrace the most ridiculous beliefs while denying scientific fact. That should help us understand your question.

1. profile image0
                  brotheryochananposted 11 years agoin reply to this

scientific fact often leads to creationism.
                  God said let there be light - the light from a big bang
                  God created man on the 6th day - hello cambrian explosion
                  Gods flood during noahs time - hello gilgamesh
                  Secular testimony abounds
                  and the bible is excellent for understanding and learning about God

I am not disturbed at all that teachers and others find God i am, indeed, pleased.

you do realize that noah's flood is a scientific impossibility right?

Pure nonsense, but I understand why believers who have no concept of scientific fact would say such things.

lol How utterly childish.

2. getitrite profile image70

Unless you use a source other than the BIBLE, you have absolutely NO credibility.  NONE! 

Your bible cannot be the source to support your senseless claims.  Can you present current scientific data that has been peer reviewed?  If not, your entire approach is based on abject ignorance.

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Yeah nice preaching dude. Already read the nonsene in the bible. It is actually the reason I am NOT a christian.

THE REAL TRUTH IS :- The Holy Scriptures CONVICT you ALL of your SIN. This is WHY you hate and blaspheme and deny ALL the time.

The PROBLEM is Not The Scriptures, Christians or The Church;
          THE PROBLEM IS WITHIN EACH ONE OF YOU.

Your own PERSONAL Sins - THIS IS THE ROOT OF BITTERNESS YOU FEEL WHEN THE GOSPEL IS PREACHED TO YOU.

Try Repenting, to be FORGIVEN, and THEN Discover the Greatest Love and THE Most Immeasurable PEACE you have EVER experienced.

AMEN

Ezekiel 18 : 30
          "Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel,
          every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD.
          Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions;
          so iniquity shall not be your ruin

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6480164.jpg

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

How do you suggest I "try" to believe in something that I deem unbelievable?

And why are you still quoting the bible to me?

2. Atheist Anthony profile image61
            Atheist Anthonyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you retarded? I'm not a christian because the bible is full of false lies and it has been historically proven that the writers of the bible stole many stories in the bible from pagan religions such as the religion of the Egyptians. And to continuously quote the bible knowing no one cares and are smart enough to understand it's bullshit is simply idiotic. Clearly your the one who can't read because if you could you wouldn't be a Christian.

Your just now asking that?

3. artblack01 profile image60

Deleted

1. profile image0
              Matthew Kirkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True, i stopped reading after the first senetence of the first post, you get the jist straight away...

2. profile image0

how odd is that, the 'nonsense' you see in the bible is nothing like the truth i see.
          The book is the same
          then what is the difference

obviously the reader

Soooooooo if the way you read and perceive the bible brings you to the conclusion of 'nonsense' I would say this is your flaw as the bible is extraordinarily exact and informative from creation onward. As a jewish historical document it has the same credibility as other historical documents, if therefore you read some other historical document and come to the same conclusion of nonsense perhaps you need to upgrade your abilities.

4. artblack01 profile image60

Reading quotes out of 2000 year old book doesn't make those quotes true.  Repeating them over and over again won't make anyone believe that those words are anything but the uneducated beliefs of people living 2000 years ago.  And screaming about how some guy was tortured to death for your "sins" makes us wonder if you enjoy talking about some guy being tortured to death.  You even have sick little pictures showing some guy tortured to death all bloody.  Do you enjoy looking at those pictures?  Having all these things doesn't make the statements about God or sin or salvation true, it makes you look like a sick sadist who enjoys talking about death and torture.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
        nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

you are using the bible as proof, surely you jest. people like you scare the crap out of me and i don't scare easily. you are basically using a book to prove something that has never been proven and in fact is so close to being impossible it's down right silly to believe it.

How can you talk like that with a baby in your hands?

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0j9t00YLgsxs8HiprUOiqHkgNpXPDXrYFRzfLEtha8tEOpY8M1w

Besides the fact that your picture is stepping way over the line, what does a baby have to do with it? Are you becoming another one is here not to discuss or talk, but to instigate trouble and try to piss people off since your complete lack of knowledge is starting to show?

Is that an effective insult where you are from? Around here it is just mealy mouth dribble.

What does a baby have to do with it? Learn to follow the threads.

No, if I wanted to insult you, I definitely would. I'm trying to understand where it is that this is coming from.

I have been following the thread, in fact, it's the only thread I've been following. So what if his picture has him holding a baby? Where did the baby become part of the conversation? It wasn't part of what you quoted, you just jumped straight into trying to insult him, much like another christian party liner around here does.

3. Atheist Anthony profile image61
    Atheist Anthonyposted 11 years ago

When you die, you do lose weight but losing a soul? no. We actually release measurable energy from our bodies upon death. A soul though is just a myth.

4. A Thousand Words profile image67
    A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years ago

We're still exacerbating this dude. Oh great "Elijah," I'll leave you to your madness.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I will take up this challenge as soon as OP proves there is no invisible pink unicorn.

TRY READING FOR A CHANGE..

The above Prophecies, and MULTITUDES of others,
      PROVE The Whole point you are SIMPLY MISSING.

The Hebrew Prophets WROTE about the Future.

These various "futures" ARE THE MOST FAMOUS
      HISTORICAL EVENTS ACROSS ALL OF TIME, eras
      AFTER they were written : SOME OVER 2000 YEARS LATER.

Some OVER 4000 years later.

Seeing The Future IS Supernatural - NOT "religious".

The FACTS of This Revelation PROVE that everything
      ELSE In The Greatest Book EVER Written, is ALSO TRUE.

Why ? BECAUSE God is A Spirit and Created The Universe,
      and PUT YOUR spirits in your bodies for a Season.

This Point is Now proven.

Not MY fault you CAN'T READ !!!

Hebrews 12 : 9
      "Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh
      which corrected us, and we gave them reverence:
      shall we not much rather be in subjection unto

the Father of spirits, and live?

PS : i MYSELF am BACK FROM THE DEAD, Glory To God ONLY - hence i KNOW what i AM Talking about - Take some Good Advice from an Expert - BELIEVE THE TRUTH - Amen

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6480075.jpg

You quoted a post, dude!  Where's your proof the pink unicorn doesn't exist?  lol  Show us you can do it!  Ask jr. if you have to, but prove it or shut the heck up!  No need plagaising the old novel if you cannot back up your words. tongue

1. profile image0

nobody has to prove anything to you to keep on speaking. Christians do not get together to cross reference proof. Christians are so far beyond proof that you are eating the dust from the tire treads years ago.

enjoy your snack

Gotta love that Christian Pride and Ego. Things they say they are "above" but that always seem to kick in when they feel threatened or insulted.

I used to think that having such a high ego was un-biblical, but the Prophet Elijah (The one in the  OT, not this crazy dude on here) mocked one of the "false" prophets after God has caused fire to come down and I don't remember him being chastised. I don't remember where that is.

Deleted

1. profile image0

Do you mean the NDE videos?

Who knows? He's slightly bonkers, I'd wager.

I don't make it a habit of rendering conversation useless with people, but he's a special case. Not because he's stupid. And I don't really mean that he's "bonkers." Just set in stone.

And I can approx. 95% guarantee that what you say to him doesn't actually matter. It's like trying to convince a rabbit that believe it's a bird that it's not actually a bird without knowing how communicate with a rabbit in the least. You could show it other rabbits, and how they act, put a mirror in front of it, but it'll still try to flap it's little arms.

2. Elijah7 profile image60

No Chasuk - THE STONE COLD DEAD and then back again VIDEOS' Testimony Below :

They have been posted in this discussion for some time.

Parts One & Two - Part Two Follows on from Part One here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIEDQR09 … r_embedded

[Right click and then open in new window)

Met this man in London in February (i live in Hong Kong - 22 years) - can ASSURE you he's the REAL DEAL - so am i for that matter....

(and ATW says i'm bonkers - THAT'S RICH, reading her last post - OUT LOUD LAUGHTER)

ANYHOW - ALSO read this Historical Record VERY CLOSELY, Written around 1056 BC...

Take some time with the videos and the record below - NO RUSH...

The Subject is TOO Important to rush..

1 Samuel 28 : 3 -20

3 Now Samuel was dead,  and all Israel had lamented him, and buried him in Ramah, even in his own city. And Saul had put away those that had familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land.

4 And the Philistines gathered themselves together, and came and pitched in Shunem: and Saul gathered all Israel together, and they pitched in Gilboa.

5 And when Saul saw the host of the Philistines, he was afraid, and his heart greatly trembled.

6 And when Saul enquired of the LORD, the LORD answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets.

7 Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor.

8 And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray thee, divine unto me by the familiar spirit, and bring me him up, whom I shall name unto thee.

9 And the woman said unto him, Behold, thou knowest what Saul hath done, how he hath cut off those that have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: wherefore then layest thou a snare for my life, to cause me to die?

10 And Saul sware to her by the LORD, saying, As the LORD liveth, there shall no punishment happen to thee for this thing.

11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said,
                    Bring me up Samuel.

12 And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul.

13 And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.

14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.

15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

16 Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy?

17 And the LORD hath done to him, as he spake by me: for the LORD hath rent the kingdom out of thine hand, and given it to thy neighbour, even to David:

18 Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the LORD, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the LORD done this thing unto thee this day.

19 Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the LORD also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.

20 Then Saul fell straightway all along on the earth, and was sore afraid, because of the words of Samuel: and there was no strength in him; for he had eaten no bread all the day, nor all the night.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6510691_f248.jpg

2. profile image0

soul used here is nephesh which means life. Not the way we think of soul today at all, but as hebraic older documents we need to look at these verses through their understanding and definition - not ours.

2. profile image0

pride and ego
              lets examine that shall we.

we know that pride cometh before a fall
              But how much pride is needed before that fall?
              You see pride has to cross a line, there has to be an amount of it that somehow brings the wrong result. So to keep the post short.
              If my pride has crossed that particular line then i will fall.
              But did God say that we could not be proud at all? No he did not. To do a thing and be proud of ones accomplishment can be acceptable to God and since you are not God you do not know what that line is - therefore jesus said: "do not judge people", but you are not judging you are just criticizing from a point of ignorance. smile

ego
              Did God say we could have no ego? Can you fairly and precisely assess what amount or what type or how big my ego is?
              No you cannot.
              You are just criticizing again.

Criticizing you? Well, yes I am. Why? Because you make claims that you can't back up without saying "god dun it." The only evidence you ever try to present comes from the Bible, which to this day has not been established as fact in any sense of the word.

Do I know the lines drawn for pride and ego? No, I honestly don't think there are any. I do know that pride and ego are the only things that allow for arrogant foolishness without facts to back it up however.

1. profile image0

i wish people would get off this habit of saying we cannot use the bible to back up what God wants. Its just stupid. The bible as a source of information is as valid as any other book you want to go to for research. Geography a geography book, architecture an architecture book. A book about God the book that God is in.

There is so much evidence i have put forth in this forum about so many topics i can only say to you is, read more.

Fact to you is not the bible, but to me and all other christians we deny your counsel, through experience and by His spirit - the bible is Gods doing for us. To discuss this in any negative way is just ridiculous.
                  If you want to disprove Gods truthfulness then disprove the bible - and you cannot, therefore you have a fact - the bible has withstood the test of time and will continue to do so.

You dismiss that there is a level of pride and ego that a christian can have? That is foolishness. What you decide as arrogance is also up for scrutiny.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Yes, "beyond the proof" seems to be just about right for you, BO.  lol  First you have to be able to recognize it.  How's that failed attempt coming along?  tongue

1. profile image0

Very well thanks
              Obviously your knickers are in a knot.
              I am not moved
              God is more than good
              His word brings life and health

You smilies are just a placebo

2. twosheds1 profile image60
        twosheds1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

How do you know the Bible is true? Isn't it possible Satan wrote it to deceive us?

1. profile image0

absolutely not.

There is no satan

and since we know that godly people wrote the bible we have no troublesome worries about a non existant persian/catholic entity.

Instead, you have a nonexistent, Hebrew/Greek entity.  Wooo!  Does this mean you win, BO?  lol

1. profile image0

silly post randy

in the end God wins. I may partake in the skirmish but He is the overall victor.

Fortunately for everyone, your opinion is simply that.  Rant on, BO!lol

1. profile image0

Good opinions then, are just lost on you.
                  oh well.
                  rant on, randy!

Oh satan EXISTS - definitely yoyochan

Biblical - Historical and atheist forum FACT.

Where do you think ALL this MINDLESS ARGUMENT comes from ?

Ephesians 2 : 1 - 3

"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others."

This Song sums it up :-

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … dFound.mp3

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE - Enjoy...

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6510095_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

to be a prince of the power of the air is to be non-existant.  Prince of nothing is still nothing and notice all the attached relevancies: lust of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of our flesh and mind, children of wrath, are all ourselves, the sinful soul - which is backed up by myriad other verses.

Spirit here means attitude. Not a floating malevolent being.

2. EinderDarkwolf profile image60

This coming from the guy who still can't answer my question without saying god dun it.

1. profile image0

You have a question?

6. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Totally.

7. colpolbear profile image94
    colpolbearposted 11 years ago

Elijah7, why is it that you always write so ridiculously?  Bolding and uppercasing (not to mention the colors) are just extremely annoying.  It's as though you think stressing your words validates them.  It's unprofessional and dare I say, rude.  You're getting the opposite effect.

Furthermore, you just keep quoting random verses without clear direction as to why.  You keep going on about "fulfilled prophecies" and don't actually prove anything because you're using "the solution" as proof.  It's completely circular.  It's not okay to say "This book is valid because the book says so." 

By the way, those prophecies, besides being questionable as to their dating and ORIGINS, (isn't that just obnoxious?) are somewhat vague.  Not impressed.

8. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Can I really know my body absent the perspective of the spirit?

9. getitrite profile image70
    getitriteposted 11 years ago

Yep resorting to silly taunts sure makes it clear that one has absolutely nothing to support the psychotic claims they assert.

Seems like I've heard

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVSbgYBe2tAxFS9MxrtjnH9M2UhjE4BIujKo-_5KET9PFiySvzar-RKWfpAw

this rhetoric before.

1. getitrite profile image70

Maybe, but still you have only produced silly taunts throughout this entire thread, making you appear to be obnoxious and absurd.

What is it you bring to the table? Personal critique? Where is your strong argument?
          http://youtu.be/FALuWDPOLdg

10. christianajohan profile image57
    christianajohanposted 11 years ago

I believe this is a strong argument that man has a soul or spirit and I believe that.

There are things we cannot see in this world. How would you explain millions of cases of ghost stories?etc?

Hey, I wouldn't come in here with something like that.

You may well be attacked by rabid refutists!  (oh, a new word)

smile

It really can't be proven, christianajohan

Ignorance.

It is ignorant for a Forum Frog to swim in this pond.http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6489430_f520.jpg
                         There are big fish around.

2. Richawriter profile image81

I've moved over here now, Troubled man.

Getting too crowded over there!

There is a soul.

Go on try to twist that and warp it into something that serves you.

I bet you probably could too!

Have fun!

I did! wink

Where? Why has no one ever shown there to be a soul but you say there is? How does that work?

1. profile image0

So many things have been said to exist in your scientific  world that cannot be seen, how do you explain them?

If there are so many things, as you assert, then you should be able to provide a bevy of examples. Please do so we can discuss each one.

Good luck getting BO to post anything based on fact.  smile

2. profile image0

quantum mathematics
                wind
                molecules, atoms
                dark matter
                love
                dreams
                gravity
                inner peace
                time

the list goes on and on but i spent 3 minutes thinking about something you have spent no time thinking about. Your welcome.

Here we have one of the most dishonest believers on the forums with a list of things he obviously doesn't understand but believes all lead to creationism. Hilarious.

lol lol <--- coveted double laughie award.

1. profile image0

I wasnt asked to name things that lead to creationism. I was asked to name things that exist but cant be seen.
                    You said you would discuss each one and you haven't.

You broke your word and that speaks volumes for dishonesty.

lol lol <--- coveted double laughie award for your ignorant dishonesty
                    what a shame

One of the most successful and accurate theories science has discovered. We have several accelerator throughout the world testing every day.

The wind is the atmosphere in motion made up of molecules and atoms that can be seen under powerful microscopes

The effects of dark matter and gravity can be seen

Emotions and the activities of the brain are seen on an MRI

Look at your watch or a clock. All motion in the universe is governed by time.

Keep the list coming if you want. smile

11. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

I've read this whole deal and I can't believe the only thing I'm taking away from it all is a big splitting headache.

You didn't like the music?

http://youtu.be/ZoJz2SANTyo

12. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Although not inclined toward the pro or con babbling literary Memorex™ interpreters, do have practical evidence of spirit existing, based on experience. Mr. Kant would be elated, I assure you.

Apart from my experiences, the Essence -which is defined as spirit- has been a fascination among humanity since its beginning. From all recorded human history, the mention of spirit has existed (minimum 7000 years). The general consensus is the same. It is the Life in us or Breath (without any reference to either side of Ism: meaning no sensation or equation required. So please stave your scientific and theistic ideologies for your respective showcases: churches, cemeteries, labs, museums).

I do find it quite ridiculous that a person would challenge another to prove spirit does exist and equally ridiculous to challenge spirit does not exist.
    The purpose of such a challenge (either viewpoint) can only be ego driven [ha-satan], in my opine.

Unfortunately, this OP has set themselves up for much ridicule & mockery; not because of the curious question or the challenge itself, but the underlying objective.

James.

Mission accomplished.
      https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv-mcIGQedYiJiPViT_DNBU5Kksf8UTAimFzsWk1on-1MSdeTH
      I must go now!

13. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

can't prove a negative - it's a set up question, besides, you want a platform to promote your dogma and not have a discussion. But - here it is -

Is consciousness proof of the soul? - (talking brain-dead definition)

If this is  true then need to ask; what is consciousness? Saying the soul is the 'ghost in the machine' is not an explanation.

Shameless self-promotion:

http://hubpages.com/t/2e4b96
    http://hubpages.com/t/2c1cd5

"

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6338303_f248.jpg

TRULY - The real Answer to this ENTIRE DISCUSSION, is available for anyone with just a "liitle patience" and the know-how to right click THIS LINK BELOW, AND OPEN IN A NEW TAB OR WINDOW :

This testimony is GOSPEL TRUE. The INTERVIEW describes this FORMER ATHEIST man's ABSOLUTE CONFIRMED DEATH; his transition OUT OF HIS BODY; A Supernatural Experience THROUGH The Lord's Prayer; AN ENCOUNTER with the denizens of darkness; A Meeting With The Lord; His Call To Mission (OUT OF HIS BODY); his subsequent return BACK TO HIS COLD, DEAD CORPSE IN THE MORGUE and the SHOCK experienced by the folk POKING HIS DEAD BODY WITH A SCALPEL, followed by his Healing Miracle.

This youtube Video is IN TWO PARTS. Please watch them BOTH.

i PERSONALLY met this man in London in February 2012 (this year).

HONESTLY GUYS, this Is The Final Word and EVIDENCE you ARE ALL LOOKING FOR.

You CAN believe your EYES and EARS - AMEN

HERE :

1 Corinthians 15 : 14 - 17

"And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins."

END OF STORY !!!!!!!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6501508_f248.jpg

1. Josak profile image60
        Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HAHAHAH no...

So you watched both videos then ???

1. profile image0

If you would drop the Elijah crap and the kid's coloring book presentation, you do realize that people would take you more seriously, right?

1. lone77star profile image75
              lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And are we to take you more seriously, Chasuk, for using four-letter words and condescending tones?

1. profile image0

Right. Mr. Condescension calls me out for being condescending.

In answer in your question:

No.

However, since the word "c#@p" apparently offends you, I'll rephrase my question:

"If you would drop the Elijah facade and the kid's coloring book presentation, you do realize that people would take you more seriously, right?"

Wait... I can also eliminate the condescension:

"If you would drop the Elijah facade and the cartoonish presentation, you do realize that people would take you more seriously, right?"

1. profile image0

Chasuk: If you want to get under the skin of a scientologist, call him Mr. Ego.

1. profile image0

O.o

I'm a bit dumbfounded. A Scientologist? Really?

2. A Thousand Words profile image67

He can't drop the Elijah thing... He really thinks he's THE Elijah. Automatically not going to be taken seriously.

It's the name on my Birth Certificate - go figure...

In fact take a LONG LOOK at ALL my posts these past ten days or so...

AND GO FIGURE AGAIN !!!

In fact, from what i've read of YOUR posts you don't take ANYONE with The Gospel Message seriously....

Did you watch the videos ???

If not - you got NOTHING to add to this discussion.

John 3 : 7

"Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … Elijah.mp3

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE - Crank UP The Volume...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6510133.jpg

Re : "If you would drop the Elijah crap and the kid's coloring book presentation, you do realize that people would take you more seriously, right?"

It's NOT me chusak, that people need to take seriously, it's THE TRUTH AND GOD they need...

Corinthians 1 : 27

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;"

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … Christ.mp3

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINK AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE - Crank up the volume. NOTE THE WORDS...

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6510182_f248.jpg

2. profile image0

Of course you can prove a negative - the problem is that the one you are trying to convince may not accept your evidence, which gets  back to the source of the silly "prove it to me" and "you can't prove it 100%" argument methods used on these forums, and the very nature of proof and evidence themselves.  Most people have no clue that proof and evidence are simply opinions as to value.   

While it is accurate to say that a negative cannot be proven by deduction, a negative can be proven by induction.  I can claim there is no elephant in my garage (a negative claim) and then "prove" it by cleaning my garage, removing the car, and then opening the door for the world to see that it is empty.

To most reasonable and rational people, I have just "proven" a negative, that there is no elephant in my garage.

Unfortunately, not everyone is convinced.  Billy Bob Thornton Theist peers real hard into the garage and suddenly falls to his knees and holds his arms to the heavens and declares that he can feel the presence of an immaterial, invisible, spirit elephant - and its essence feels pink and it projects an image to his mind of a omnipotent pink being wearing an orange tutu. 

Billy Bob Thornton Theist, it seems, is not a reasonable and rational man.

14. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Hey, Maybe this guy was personally inspired by this man he met. But like they say, "If you meet Buddha on the road - kill him!"

Whatever your conception is of the Buddha, it’s wrong! Now kill that image and keep practicing.

And I have a 23 second video pointing this out:

http://www.myspace.com/video/ptosis/eve … g/13082724

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6502179_f248.jpg

15. profile image58
    deeachposted 11 years ago

I am posting a comment without reading anyone's comment.  Some may agree and many may disagree.  I just believe that we are physical body embedded with spirit of our own.  The day when we take our last breath and die (physically), our spirit leaves our body.  May be I'm totally wrong.  But, there is only hypothetical answers to these type of questions, and different religion may explain differently about it.

1. mischeviousme profile image59
      mischeviousmeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How about a body surrounded by a spirit of our own? After all, our perceptions tend to come to us..

16. Druid Dude profile image59

dee. Science backs that up, no matter what anyone says to detract from this. Science backs this up.

1. Druid Dude profile image59
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are an odd one mischevious...curiously awake, yet, strangly asleep. I'm watching you!

2. profile image0

Do you you mean that science corroborate it, or that nothing in science provides contrary evidence?

3. profile image0

Exactly where do I locate this objective data that verifies a human spirit?  What does a spirit look like?  Are you really certain of your claim or is it something you heard or read that you happen to believe?

17. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 11 years ago

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:
    and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it."

Since there is only one spirit and that spirit is of God then there is no spirit in people unless God give it.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 11 years agoin reply to this

brothery, when the books that form the bible were written, George Lucas wasn't around to describe the concept of THE FORCE. It would have been so much easier if they had gone that route! roll

George would have made a great god!  Phew!  Does it smell like BO in here to you guys?  yikes

1. profile image0
          klarawieckposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6506823_f248.jpg

B.O.'s Fish Wagon - the best place to eat in the Conch Republic.

2. profile image0

Scripture is scripture

doubt it if you will but all the answers are in there and the rest comes from God who gives his spirit to whom He chooses.
      Otherwise ye are all spiritually dead and all is vanity.

AMEN & AMEN

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … EHOVAH.mp3

TESTIMONIAL PROOF VIDEOS (PART ONE & PART TWO ABOVE) OF ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW - CLOSING THIS THREAD ONCE AND FOR ALL - AMEN

RIGHT CLICK THE ABOVE LINKS AND OPEN IN NEW TAB OR WINDOW TO AVOID NAVIGATING AWAY FROM THIS WEB PAGE - Enjoy...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6510140.jpg

18. Rain Defence profile image81
    Rain Defenceposted 11 years ago

The chap that got stung by the jellyfish survived, but most people that get stung by those jellyfish survive. In fact most are discharged from hospital the same day without any symptoms.
    I can imagine you'd probably be quite high after being stung by a few though and could well be tripping balls for a while, so I'd personally say any visions/dreams you would have in that state would be from that.
    Anyway, the OP asks for proof, but the whole point about believing whatever god you want to believe in, which usually is the one that your parents believe in and depends where you're born in the world is that there is no way of proving anything one way or another.
    If people believe or don't believe, it doesn't bother me, whatever makes you happy. As long as you don't try and force your opinion on other people, as I find that irritating. Just let everyone make their own mind up and do whatever they want.

That's NOT what happened in this Case.

Your above data is INCORRECT :

http://www.aglimpseofeternity.org/box-jellyfish/

Try telling this to HIS MOTHER !!! You have "conveniently" MISSED this Key Part of The Testimony.

Go get stung by FIVE AT ONCE and see how long you live !!!!

This man is sought after the world over to SPEAK his TRUE TESTIMONY..

http://www.aglimpseofeternity.org/

http://kingsgate.org.uk/

Furthermore, RD, if NO-ONE had Preached The Gospel SINCE AD 33.5, THE ENTIRE PLANET WOULD HAVE BURNT UP AND DISAPPEARED A LONG TIME AGO...

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

This is THE END OF THIS matter.

Revelation 20 : 5

"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6511440_f248.jpg

19. Druid Dude profile image59

Jellyfish can be very small, and being stung is like a first degree burn. BUZZKILL. Being stung numerous times is quite uncomfortable. Large jellyfish can kill.

For all pointless arguments against The Truth in this Post :

The Truth Presented Throughout Herein, BY The Christians, can be seen here :

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6514296_f248.jpg

The activities of certain Created souls thoughout herein,
      when presented with THE ABOVE, is best seen HERE :

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6514300_f248.jpg

"We" feel pity and remorse for your inane intransigence.

Praying ONE DAY, you Awaken and Receive The Pearls, In The Almighty Name Of The Lord JESUS Christ - Amen and Amen

Mark 5 : 2 - 13

"And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea."

http://www.TheSevenThunders.org/C7-Musi … ndDone.mp3

Grow up. I haven't seen anyone come into the Atheist and Agnosticism forums yet and change someone's mind. Color coded messages which supposedly play on the psyche (colors don't play on my psyche, clinically tested, mother approved wink) doesn't do anything but detract from the fact that you might actually have something to say. And I don't think anyone is following your links either.

Ignore it and it will go away.  (It hates to be ignored. Can't you tell by all of the bright colors it uses?

Wow! This just keeps on going doesn't it!

I thought this pointless debate thingy would be done and dusted yonks ago but still... it continues.

"I'm right, you are wrong."
            "No, I'm right, you are wrong!"
            "Rubbish, I'm right."
            "I'm right because (opinion)"
            "wrong."
            "right"
            "wrong"
            "right"
            "wrong!!!!!!"
            "right!!!!!"   

Geeeeeeeeeezzzz, give it a rest.

This forum is a reflection of the world at present and one of the reasons humanity just can't seem to get over itself.

Everyone wants to be right.
            Everyone needs to live nice and snug knowing that their choice of life is better and more suitable than everyone else's and there will always, i mean ALWAYS be a myriad of ways that one can back that up, no matter how much or how little knowledge they have.

I see it here. People apparently proving each other wrong but providing little or no evidence to back up their claims. Ridiculous and a complete and utter waste of time.

I'm just sayin. smile

Just have a cyber hug and forget it. wink

Debating is fun, I get that. But this is no longer debating, it has turned into taunting and mocking from both sides.

Pointless.

1. profile image0

Agreed.

Well heck!  If a greeter says it's pointless, then what are we doing?  Greeters are never wrong!  lollollol

Hey Randy,

I wasn't having a go at you personally.

Just saying.

I'm not a greeter. Why would I be a greeter?

I have hopped a couple of hubs and welcomed a couple of newbies I saw but I don't think that classes me as a greeter.

I have only just come back to hubpages this month after a few week hiatus.

Peace out.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

You're wrong!  I'm right!  lol  Thanks for your input.  This thread was almost dead until you had to go and post!  yikes

20. profile image0
    The roaring lionposted 11 years ago

Whats this proof idiocy o morons?  Who is supposed to proof what to who?

We ALL have a single budden on our backs namely to understand the world and to do that, we MUST make hypothesis. So the question rather turn- what do the hypothesis that we have a soul help us to understand among the miriad of things we utterly don't understand. One such a question is how do we get to have consciousnes?

21. Rain Defence profile image81
    Rain Defenceposted 11 years ago

Here you go matey, some reading material for you.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_jellyfish
    I've been stung by jellyfish before myself as it happens. It's not a nice feeling. but it wasn't that bad.
    You just have to take what this chap who claims he died says with a pinch of salt and then form your own opinion rather than believing everything you read. He may or may not believe it himself. Maybe it really did happen. Or maybe not. I can't say 100% for sure myself and no one else can. But he makes a living from telling other people that it happened..
    Anyway as long as you're enjoying yourself, then who cares eh?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)