jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

We all have regrets, so whats yours?

1. Subhra Thakur profile image77
    Subhra Thakurposted 2 years ago

We all have regrets, so whats yours?

2. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12857037_f260.jpg

I regret that I never made the NHL and excelled as a professional ice hockey player. Having texted that, I am also regretting the fact I am not currently working for an NHL team in some management capacity.

1. profile image59
      Norine Williamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Why? 
      Eternal damnation will be one's biggest regret but we have time to get it right! 
      Matt 6:33 "But seek ye FIRST the kingdom of GOD, and HIS righteousness; and ALL these THINGS shall be added unto you!"

3. profile image59
    Norine Williamsposted 2 years ago

I regret RELIGION has fooled MOST and "twisted" the WORD of GOD into something that "seemeth right unto man" (Proverbs 14:12)!

I regret no one has taken into consideration the "chronological order" of the New Testament:  Jesus was born, walked the earth as an example; fulfilling "some" of the law, *Promised a Comforter (aka Holy Spirit; John 14:26; 16:13), DIED, commanded us to "OBSERVE" the disciples (Matthew 28:18), commanded disciples to "WAIT" for the *Promise (Acts 1:4), Fulfilled the *Promise (Acts 2:2), established FIRST CHURCH (Acts), disciples began baptizing in the name of JESUS CHRIST under New Covenant (Acts 2:38 + MORE), and anointed Paul to act in HIS Stead (Acts 9:15) to continue "fulfilling law!" 

I regret NO ONE cares what Galatians 1:6-9 says = "ACCURSED!"

I regret MOST don't recognize THE GREATEST ALLEGORY IN SCRIPTURE:  JESUS is GOD!

I regret MOST have not taken into consideration I Corinthians Chapter 12 which says there is ONE SPIRIT; not three persons or being (the trinity).

I regret MOST see the Father and Son as a father and son "beings" or "persons" when ALL is Spiritual!

I regret Satan (Nicene Council) has "bewitched" MOST (Galatians 3:1)!

I regret MOST are concrete in their belief and will not "search Scripture" with an open mind (Acts 17:11)!

I regret MOST see right as wrong and wrong as right (Isaiah 5:20)!

I regret when WORD is given, most do not read nor care what IT says for they are "concrete" in the belief(s) vs "STUDYING" (II Timothy 2:15)!

I regret MOST did not "WAIT" (Acts 1:4) for "leadership and guidance" (John 14:26; 16:13) from the Holy Spirit!

I regret MOST do not believe "True Worshipers" MUST worship HIM in "Spirit and in Truth" (John 4:24)!

I regret Matthew 7:13 is TRUE "...WIDE is the gate and BROAD is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and MANY there be which go in thereat!"

I regret no one really "fears GOD" (Proverbs 9:10) or they would take HIS WORD more seriously!

I regret MOST "look at the messenger" vs "THE MESSAGE" (WORD)!

I regret MOST have created there own Gee'sus and believe "It's a personal thing!"

I regret MOST will be LOST!

My heart breaks!

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Norine your heart should not be broken!
      According believers of the bible things are going according to God's plan. If things were any different then the outcome would not be according to the scriptures!
      Christians should be the most assured.

2. profile image59

"Christians" as defined by the world are "most assured" believing in "twisted doctrine" created by the Nicene Council. 
      However, "Disciples of Christ" ("Christians" or Christ Followers) as defined by GOD should be "broken-hearted!"
      HELL'S "ETERNAL"

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12858369_f260.jpg

It's kind of tough to weigh in on regrets.
    Every time I think of one I have to consider if that would have went differently how it would it would have effected me in numerous other ways such as would have met my wife, made the same friends, ended up owning the home I have and so on.
    You change one major thing and your takes off in a different direction. The reality is even if you had done that "thing" differently there would have other things you'd regret in your life. No one gets to escape pain, misery, or storms in their life. You would just have a "different set of regrets" to ponder.
    I look back and say if that had not happened I would not have done this or moved there which lead me to blah blah and so on.
    Life is like a roller coaster that climbs a tall steep hill and then accelerates downward and up again while making sharp turns and numerous dips.
    Ultimately I believe in the end everything happens for the best.
    Naturally there are always extreme instances but not for the majority of folks. Your future lies ahead of you and not behind you!
    Take down your rearview mirror!

1. profile image59

Be careful your belief(s) "Spiritually" will not also be "a regret!"
      STUDY!

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Life is a (personal) journey!
      Regrets are about one's mistakes or wishes for different outcomes in their past. Your past helps to make you who you are. I have no regrets!

3. profile image59

If WORD (which applies to ALL) is "personal," why is it disciples were "ON ONE ACCORD" (Acts 2:1) & not to each his own ("personal")?
      Your belief contradicts Scripture! 
      You will "have regrets" if you continue in "your" belief!

working