Do you believe in the Trinity and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (99 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image44
    Ericdierkerposted 8 years ago

Do you believe in the Trinity and why?

What many people do not realize is that the Trinity is dogma from those not empowered by the same spirit as those that wrote the Bible. It is not sacrosanct. I happen to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and one in the same as God and that it is a Holy Mystery. But I can get down with someone who says Jesus is the Son of God and not one with God.

2. Sparklea profile image60
    Sparkleaposted 8 years ago

Eric I am in your corner with the Holy Mystery.
    I believe Jesus is the Son of God - and one with God.
    We who believe in and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior know only by FAITH that His Spirit lives and abides in us.
    We are forgiven.
    As a Christian I mess up all the time...God is so patient with me.  I am always telling Him I am SORRY, please forgive me.
    His grace and mercy are proof of His very existence. 
    I can be upset and even saying bad language while driving, yet He gives me several green lights in a row, which I don't deserve.  That is His grace manifesting His love for me with all my flaws.
    I do believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. 
    A lot of questions will not be answered for me until I get to the other side of eternity.
    I just KNOW God is in control and if not for my belief in Jesus Christ, I could not get up in the morning.
    Too many miracles have occurred in my life that testify to the existence of God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
    Thank you for this question. Sparklea smile

Ericdierkerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for that fine answer with testimony. The concept of praying unceasingly sure does work for me. I surely can squeeze in a bunch of "oops" during a day, and he always helps me get back on track.

2. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Spark: "A lot of questions will not be answered for me until I get to the other side of eternity."
      I Pet 1:3 "...ALL thgs that pertain unto life & "godliness" hath been given us in WORD" if we allow Holy Spirit's "leadership & guidance!"(Jn

3. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 8 years ago

There is history with the Trinity beginning at the Council of Nicaea. I feel it is a conceived concept of logos, is symbolic (Geometry and Art), and can be expressed with music. Although as such I accept that, it is more for communication and interactions for a level playing field or to be equally yoked.  I have a belief God is undefined and is beyond existence and essence.

Very interesting Tim. I understand also the the Trinity came from the Nicene Council. It works for me for a way to understand the oneness concept.

2. profile image52

If "it works for you," Eric, SATAN (Nicene Council) has "bewitched" U (Galatians 3:1)!
      U need to "go back" & "WAIT" (Acts 1:4) for Holy Spirit "leadership & guidance" (Jn 14:26; 16:13)!

4. Rich kelley profile image59
    Rich kelleyposted 8 years ago

No.
    Ok, I now know what sacrosanct means and agree the dogma of the trinity operates as thou it is untouchable. I'm not sure about the "one in the same" and don't like the "Mystery" word because it has become a scapegoat for the unexplainable. When Christ says He is one with the father I don't turn it into a mystery, I take it that He agrees with His Father. Agreeing with your father can be a rare thing but many of us that have finally figured out we are not smarter than our fathers often marvel at them. I do anyways.

I don't believe it because it came from the Catholic religious system. They have many laws/rules to control much of the world. When the Protestants broke away they dragged with them many of their rules and regulations, the trinity is one of them. I studied and know more about St Augustine than I should. That one man is responsible for many of the man made doctrines that are out there.

The scripture that has Jesus talking with His father and His father talking to those with Jesus would be very strange indeed if the Father and the Son were actually the same thing but not. I can understand Father and Son, I can understand a throne in heaven with God on the throne and Jesus at His right hand. I can understand the Son being put in charge with power and authority. If they are the same physically/spiritually then I'll learn something later, until then I have to believe it is not complicated.

Never in any translation of the Scriptures did Jesus say "I am God", He had many chances to do so. Never does God say "for 33 years I'll take on flesh and live as a human, die then raise myself up and return to heaven to assume my throne". The untwisted scripture is fairly straight forward. God is the Father, Jesus is the Son, the Holy Spirit is the power or attributes of God that can cause/allow many things to happen. God can speak and make creation. Man can speak and make dogma that perverts and divides man, go figure.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand why you all separate the three elements as distinct from each other and nomenclature them as Trinity. God, Son of God and Holy Spirit each name refer to the same God. No separate Beings. You call whatever you like but all are one

2. Ericdierker profile image44

Thank you for that well thought out answer Rich. I think all are wise to at least understand your position. Certainly real knowledge can only increase one's faith.

3. profile image52

Ven: IF they don't have eyes to "see," they will NEVER "see," nor ears to "hear," they will NEVER "hear!"
      I pray "...that the "eyes of their hearts" be enlightened" (Eph 1:18)!

4. lawrence01 profile image63
      lawrence01posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Rich
      I see where you're coming from but how do you reconcile Phillippians 2 v 11 "Who being in the very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped"?

5. profile image52

ALL need to "thk Spiritually!" WORD is NEVER speaking of "flesh" (father & son) nor Father & Son but THAT SAME SPIRIT (I Cor 12) who chgs into ANY or MANY Glories HE wishes simultaneously IF HE DESIRES!
      Think "Spiritual!"(Jn 4:24="True Worshi

6. Rich kelley profile image59
      Rich kelleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Php 2:11  and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
      God made Jesus His Son Lord. Confess it and bring God Glory.

7. PlanksandNails profile image80
      PlanksandNailsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Lawrence,
      I think you are referring to Philippians 2:6. Since space is limited, here is a link to a deeper study that may answer your question.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlHKhYTsDG8

8. lawrence01 profile image63

Planks
      I've listened to part of this and his premise is wrong because if Jesus is 'in the form' then how can be not be equal to? Are there 'lesser gods'?

9. profile image52

ALL: JESUS CHRIST (A GLORY) IS "LORD GOD," WHO GLORIFIED “HIMSELF” (CHANGED “HIMSELF”) INTO THE “GLORY” OF JESUS CHRIST (FLESH)! 
      GOD MADE “HIMSELF” (JESUS CHRIST) OR I TIM 3:16 LIED WHILE FILLING HEAVEN & EARTH IN OTHER GLORYS! 
      THK “SPIRITUAL

10. PlanksandNails profile image80
      PlanksandNailsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Lawrence,
      That is correct (Psalm 82:1and 6) Jesus confirms this (John 10:34)
      We will be partakers of God's divine nature, just like Jesus.
      We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. (1 John 3:1-2).

11. profile image52

ALL: Yes P&N is correct "we are gods" ONLY if we believe WORD & the MYSTERY of THAT ONE SPIRIT (I Cor 12)!
      I Jn 4:17 says "...because AS HE IS, SO ARE WE (LISTEN) "IN THIS WORLD" (NOW)!

12. Rich kelley profile image59

Lawrence
      This link is about Phill2:6 http://www.angelfire.com/space/thegospe … 2_6-2.html
      The video is 51 min hard to get through. I prefer reading, this link is but a few pages.

13. profile image52

Rich: One can "ignore" & remain "ignorant" in "twisted" belief, but I give WORD (I Cor 12:1)!  It's x ALL put on their "Spiritual eyeglasses" (Jn 4:24) & STUDY (II Tim 2:15)!  The x is nigh! To remain "complacent," defies WORD (II Cor 3:18)!

5. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 8 years ago

I think, rather believe, all are one. Only three names of same Being.

Thank you for weighing in Venkatachari, I think a great many hold your sentiment - belief.

2. profile image52

Eric: Ven's got it ("SAME SPIRIT" not a "Being" or "Person!")!
      If not "WITH ONE ACCORD" (Acts 2:1) w/"rightly divided" WORD (II Tim 2:15), where r u?
      There is no n btwn!  Either GOD or SATAN! 
      "Choose" (Josh 24:15)!

3. lawrence01 profile image63

I think maybe.

4. profile image52

Law: "U think "maybe" what? 
      Jm 1:5 "If any man "lacks wisdom," let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, & upbraideth not; & it shall be given unto him." 
      I'm praying!

6. flpalermo profile image61
    flpalermoposted 8 years ago

Do you believe in Santa Claus, and why? (Fair question?)

I am a bad guy to ask that question of. I believe that the gift of the spirit of giving is inside all of us, so that the notion of Santa Claus is alive and well.

2. profile image52

Why does SATAN always attend "church service?" 
      Scribes & Pharisees r ALWAYS  there!

3. lorddanielossy profile image43
      lorddanielossyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

santa clause is real he lives in the north pole.

4. profile image52

Dan: Got another demonic spirit?

7. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

You know, when I was young, being very poor, my mother would chew meat for my baby sister and place it in her mouth so she could eat.  The same it is with GOD!  We (mere-man), cannot handle the MYSTERY of GOD as my baby sister could not handle meat!  Consequently, HE "TRIED TO RELATE" to us by stating in Scripture HIS GLORIES as Father and Son! 

Man knows that a father has more authority than a son and THAT SAME SPIRIT mentioned in I Corinthians Chapter 12 (when speaking of "the body of Christ" or CHURCH) is both Father and Son, plus MORE! 

I Corinthians 12:11-14 says (v11) "But ALL THESE (members or GOD'S GLORIES) worketh that ONE and VERY SAME SPIRIT..." (v12) For as the body is ONE, and hath MANY MEMBERS (GLORIES), and ALL the members of that ONE BODY, BEING MANY, are ONE BODY (GOD), SO ALSO IS CHRIST."  Did you not hear?  "SO ALSO IS CHRIST!"  CHRIST (aka GOD, aka, FATHER, aka JESUS, aka HOLY SPIRIT, aka BURNING BUSH, etc.) is THAT SAME SPIRIT!  (v14) For the BODY is not ONE MEMBER (or ONE GLORY, or THREE GLORIES (Trinity), but "MANY" which is MORE THAN "The Trinity" or Father, Son, and Holy Spirit! 

Jeremiah 23:24 says "GOD fills the heaven and the earth"  in whatever GLORY or GLORIES (simultaneously) HE desires! When JESUS rose from the dead HE said in Matthew 28:18 "All power has been given unto me..."  Well, if "ALL power given," where was/is GOD? 

Follow me in Scripture regarding the Father and Son.  THAT SAME SPIRIT (I Cor 12) who was NEVER "subjected to the world" (flesh/sin), was related to us as THE FATHER.  However, THAT SAME SPIRIT, who WAS "subjected to the world" (aka JESUS CHRIST) is THE SON which because (I Timothy 3:16) WAS "subjected to the world," (flesh/sin) and therefore, lesser than THE FATHER (aka JESUS CHRIST, (flesh/sin, but did not) who was NEVER "subjected to the world" or flesh/sin! 

THIS IS A MYSTERY and THE GREATEST ALLEGORY IN SCRIPTURE! 

John 4:24 says that "True Worshipers" MUST worship in Spirit and in Truth!"  If you cannot "see" in WORD that GOD fills the heaven and the earth, HE has MANY GLORIES (simultaneously, if HE desires), and there is but ONE SPIRIT who operates in MANY GLORIES, you are not "worshiping in Spirit and in Truth!"

Furthermore, Ephesians 4:4-6 says "There is ONE body, and ONE Spirit, even as ye are called in ONE hope of  your calling.  ONE Lord, ONE faith, ONE baptism, ONE GOD and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

Therefore, there is NO TRINITY and one who believes, LIMITS GOD!

Very interesting. Although I must say I could not really follow you. Perhaps a little normal speaking might help get your point across.

2. profile image52

Matt 13:10-13! Is this "normal speaking?"
      U know ERIC, if you don't have "ears" to hear, u will NEVER "hear," r eyes to "see" u will NEVER "see!"
      Talk to JESUS!

3. Ericdierker profile image44

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

4. profile image52

Eric: "FIRST," one MUST learn to LOVE GOD, "BEFORE" they can love their neighbor! HOW? "Go Back" & "WAIT" for Holy Spirit's "leadership & guidance" for "UNDERSTANDING" (not man's; Prov 3:5) of HIS WORD! Then, LOVE is a "by-product" or "benefi

5. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Too much deep insight provided here. It is true that God has no limits, no death and rebirth. But when God arrives on earth in human shape, He himself limits His duration in that form. Jesus came to show us path twice. We have Rama and Krishna here.

6. Rich kelley profile image59

Venkatachari M,
      "God has no limits, no death and rebirth" I agree, yet His son Jesus was born, lived, died, and raised from the dead all while His Father remained in Heaven on the throne. Two people, two places not one.

7. Ericdierker profile image44

I like that Norine. It makes good sense. I would add that one also has to love oneself after God.

8. profile image52

Rich: U defy Jer 23:24="HE(GOD aka SPIRIT) fills the heaven & earth?"Can't u thk SPIRIT instead of "PEOPLE?" Peanut brain="carnal!" 
      Father&Son=1 less than Trinity!" Sounds like u blv Trinity (-1)? Spin off?
      Catholics(Nicene Counsel)"bewitc

9. Ericdierker profile image44

Norine, maybe you would do well to make one point during a comment. That way maybe we could follow you. As it is you appear manic jumping from one abreviated point to another. Impossible to follow. The hearer is as important as the speaker.

10. profile image52

Eric: Can u comprehend Scripture? Do I have to "chew it up" for u? (I Cor 13:11; 14:20)
      Read ALL of I Cor Chptr 12 & pay "special attention" to v12!
      What does it say?

11. Ericdierker profile image44

I can follow that Norine. Thank you. I think it is unchristian of you to insult me like that. So I take the rest of what you say with a grain of salt. You yell your position instead of acting your position. Good for you. But you make yourself petty

12. profile image52

Eric: Please STOP looking @ msgr & listen to MESSAGE!
      Tell me, what did I Cor 12 say, especially v12?

13. Ericdierker profile image44

That is very good Norine - I can follow this. And what gift have you been given Norine. Certainly not one of communication I hope. I try to follow your messages but you are so on fire that you switch from on to another in a hurry. Why do you hurry so

14. profile image52

Eric: As U know, when commenting to Q "Why r Christians Afraid to Follow Jesus?" GOD called me fm my sleep to see author's statement (like) "It would behoove u all to listen to this prophet" confirming my belief! TRUTH (WORD) is ALL i have!

15. Ericdierker profile image44

Sorry Norine that makes no sense. Take it easy and we shall listen.

16. profile image52

Eric: "Taking it easy" is why the world is in the shape it's in now re: "Christianity!"  Do u not know, TRUTH hurts (insults, rude, unkind, etc) esp if 1 is WRONG?
      GOD hates RELIGION & what man has created of HIM: 1 who is "Religiously Correct!"

17. Ericdierker profile image44

Norine you make a fine point. That fine line between being fanatic and not heard and being too careless and not active enough. The balance is there and I am sure you are working toward it with the Holy Spirits' help and love.

18. profile image52

Eric: 1 can NEVER be "fanatic" enough re: JESUS=TRUTH!
      IF 1 has "ear," let him "hear" or II Cor 4:3-18!
      Go to youtube & listen to Helen Baylor="Live!"
      Worship HIM!

19. Ericdierker profile image44

Gal 5 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

20. profile image52

ERIC: "Fruit of the Spirit"=ON ONE ACCORD w/another w/"Fruit of the Spirit!" Did JESUS display "Fruit of the Spirit" w/Scribes & Pharisees or those "selling in Temple" (SATAN)?
      Another display of 1's "Religiously Correct" JESUS!

8. lorddanielossy profile image43
    lorddanielossyposted 8 years ago

i believe in trinity and i know the comforter possesses me.I am one with him and we are inseparable.

1. profile image52

U sure? Who "possesses" u? "One with whom?" A LIE=SATAN? The Nicene Council has "bewitched" u!

9. Towfiquir Rahman profile image61
    Towfiquir Rahmanposted 8 years ago

No, I don't believe in Trinity. I strongly believe it's a misconception.

1. profile image52

The Nicene Council did not think of it as a "misconception!" 
      SATAN (Catholic Church) "deliberately interpreted" to lose souls! 
      Spirit of SATAN entered to Jn 10:10! 
      Why JESUS said Matt 7:14!

10. lawrence01 profile image63
    lawrence01posted 8 years ago

I do believe in the Trinity, but I'm not sure I can explain it! What I can do is tell you what it isn't

Is Jesus the 'Son of God?' Well at the risk of being branded a heretic by half the Christians here my answer is "Yes and no"
    I spent a number of years in the Muslim world and to them to say that Jesus is the 'Son of God' is basically saying that God took on human form, married Mary, had sex with her and Jesus was the result!
    When we use that term that's what they hear! It doesn't matter what we say afterwards, they still hear that!
    Here's the strange bit, recently I was reading what it meant in Jesus time, and the answer shocked me as to the ancient mind it meant the same! Remember the Greek Myths? Zeus often coming down and doing just that!! So for me, I don't like to use that term!
    My favorite term for Jesus is "Word of God" as in John 1 verse 1. It's also a great title to use talking to Muslims as that's what the Qur'an calls Jesus! It also means he's co-eternal with the Father and volunteers to take second place in the Trinity.
    As for the Holy Spirit, I also think he's co-eternal with both the Father and the Word so they must exist as a 'Trinity' but I've no idea how!
    One other thing I beileve it's actually found right at the beginning of the Bible, the second Hebrew word in scripture is 'Elohim' (literally 'gods') and Elohim says 'Let's make man in OUR image'

1. profile image52

U sure don't!  U should have "WAITED" for the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:4) & NOT "Lean to your own understanding" (Prov 3:5)!

2. Ericdierker profile image44

Cool. That is a really interesting stance. I like the "incarnateness" of calling Christ the Word of God. He certainly speaks so that I can hear. Great insight as to how the ancients viewed and the Muslim. Thank you.

3. lawrence01 profile image63

Norine. Please explain as you're not making much sense!

4. profile image52

Law: What Trinity? U limit THE SPIRIT (I Cor 12) to 3?
      If so, u should have "WAITED" for Holy Spirit "guidance"  (Jn 16:13) instead of Prov 3:5 being "taught" by "man!" Comprende?
      Eric: If "HE" speaks so u can hear, what happened? He's not diff!

5. Ericdierker profile image44

Norine you are doing it again -- you have so much to say it is like you cannot catch your breath. Lighten up a little. You cannot make every point on every comment. Take one point at a time and say it. This abbreviation stuff is manic.

6. lawrence01 profile image63

'In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. He was with God in the beginning'
      Seems pretty clear to there's more than one! Yet singular in purpose!

7. profile image52

More than 1?
      Rev1:8 JESUS said "I AM Alpha & Omega, the beginning & the end..." ONE SPIRIT (I Cor 12;(v12) "SO ALSO IS CHRIST;" Eph 4:4-6; I Tim 3:16; Jn 4:24)! 
      Why did ALL these Scriptures LIE?
      See what "teachings" v "Holy Spirit" leading

8. Ericdierker profile image44

Norine you are writing like you have lost your mind. Try to focus. You are doing great but take one thing at a time and write it. You are looking like a lunatic again. Gibberish. Please gather some control. Breathe and exhale easy.

9. Rich kelley profile image59

A more correct translation is; 'In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. It (the word) was with God in the beginning' all things were made through it (the word) without it was not anything that was made. In it

10. profile image52

Eric: When Law said "more than 1" & WORD says NOT (I Cor 12), I've "lost my mind," going to fast," etc?  What r u on? I HAVE WORD u all have "teachings!"  Don't TRY & discredit msgr!
      Rich: "..BEFORE Abraham was, I AM!" (Jn 8:58)!!  Remember t

11. lawrence01 profile image63

Norine
      We're not trying to discredit anyone. Eric asked a question and I answered that I believe in it but can't fully explain it! Three seperate yet united or one being with three manifestations? Could be either! When we get to heaven we'll find out

12. lawrence01 profile image63

Norine
      A 'Being' can be both! That's why we use the term! Jesus was/is a physical person hence the term is correct!
      No one is trying to limit anything or anyone! Just give an explanation in what I believe!

13. profile image52

Law: Really? Being=person! NOT! ALL SPIRIT!
      2 Pet 1:3 Wait for heaven?
      Not “separate” but ONE SPIRIT (I Cor 12) THAT SAME SPIRIT who operates n MANY GLORIES-simultaneously, if HE wishes, yet ONE SPIRIT!
      Eric: U  deleted or malfunction?

14. lawrence01 profile image63

Norine
      If Jesus is "In very nature God" then yes! He took his body into heaven! Or is scripture wrong?

15. profile image52

Law: There's NO flesh & blood n heaven (I Cor 15:50) ALL SPIRITUAL!
      "SPIRITUAL" WORSHIPERS r "TRUE WORSHIPERS" (Jn 4:24) those ANOINTED w/HOLY SPIRIT who can "SEE" (Jn 6:44)!!

16. lawrence01 profile image63

Norine
      I checked the Greek for Phil 2 vs 6 very clear 'same' not 'like' or 'similar'! Being in very nature (same) God! Maybe they are three manifestations of the same being? As for 'flesh in heaven' Did the ascension physically happen? (I believe so)

17. profile image52

Law: I give WORD! I Cor 15:50 LIED? I Cor 15:44 "raised a spiritual body!" Give Scripture for what u blv!
      Why do u keep saying "being?" SPIRIT! Read I Cor 12:12 as such: "For as THE SPIRIT is ONE, & hath MANY GLORIES.."SO ALSO IS CHRIST" confirms

18. Ericdierker profile image44

Norine -- good for you, I know that causing others to disdain you is what you see as great. It is working again. Perhaps you could take a Psalm break and get it together before you alienate more folk.

19. profile image52

Eric: IF they'd BLV WORD instead of "justifying self-righteousness," it wouldn't be a prob! U can perceive me however, I will cont to GIVE WORD! Didn't I say WORD cuts, unkind, esp when 1 is WRONG? 1 should "Search" to c if TRUE v run(Acts 17:11)!

20. lawrence01 profile image63

Norine
      You still haven't answered the question! Was the resurrection and ascension physical? I believe it was!

21. profile image52

Law: U really don't READ verses given, do u?="I Cor 15:44 "raised a spiritual body!" (if we, as followers of Christ, r "raised a spiritual body;" then HE was) nor do u answer Q asked of u: Give Scripture(s) for whats u blv!

22. lawrence01 profile image63

Norine. I did give the scriptures! Read my comments! Answer to you I'no prob with those scripts, I want to know why you think it was only 'spiritual' when JC makes it plain it was both? Paul argues ours will be too!

23. profile image52

Give Scripture ea x (I Cor 14:40="decent & n order")!
      Please REPEAT Scripture & give Scripture v "your opinion!"

Where does Paul say so (I Pet 3:15)?

24. lawrence01 profile image63

Norine
      John chp 1 (whole chp)
      Physical body resurrected John 20vs 24-7
      Physical ascension Acts chp 1
      Physical resurrection for us 1 cor 15 vs 1-18
      Physical blood within the heavenly sanctuary Hebrew 9 vs 11-15 (hence the physical body there)

25. profile image52

MY GOD! How can u get "a physical body" out of these Scriptures? Are u so far from "worshiping in Spirit?" He told Mary don't touch (Spirit) needed body for doubting Thomas & MAN (u)!
      Flesh & blood not n heaven & u know this (I Cor 15:35

26. lawrence01 profile image63

He said "don't touch, I've not yet ascended to my father!"
      He also told Thomas to "put your finger where the nails were!" You can't do that to purely spirit can you?
      How about Paul's statement in 1cor 15?

27. profile image52

STOP trying 2 justify “twisted” ? & ACCEPT what IS WRITTEN!
      HE rose as Spirit why HE needed body for (still trying 2 relate 2 mere-man) “doubters” (u)!
      “How about” it” (I Cor 15:44)?“It is sown a natural body; it is raised a “SPIRITUAL BODY..."

28. Ericdierker profile image44

Wow I got a lot out of the last 6 or so of these comments. Thomas touched him he could not do that if He was pure Spirit. All the other requires a personal translation. Really cool.

29. profile image52

TRUTH is “cool!”When w/”doubting Thomas,”HE had already “been to HIS Father”&had a “physical body.”But w/Mary, was Spirit & why HE said “Don’t touch!”
      WOW! Can’t y’all“see”GOD has ALWAYS “Tried to Relate to Man?”
      But Man uses carnal v Spirit

30. lawrence01 profile image63

Norine
      So, you're saying when Jesus spoke to Mary on the Sunday the body was still in the tomb? When did he come back for it? What about Peter? Why was there no body then? It was before he met with Mary wasn't it?

31. profile image52

THE POINT IS:No one could touch HIM until "HE had gone to the Father" (or HE had materialized a phys body) but had the CAPABILITY to walk thru walls, manifest fm 1 spot to another n matter of seconds, etc,  even in phys state!
      DON'T LIMIT GOD!

32. lawrence01 profile image63

Norine
      I agree with not limiting God! That's what you're doing not me! To me it was both!!

33. profile image52

Law: Well, in that case (if u don't limit), u know HE is Omnipresent! Voice fm heavem, dove & standing for bapt @ same x!
      YEAH!  U GOT IT!

34. lawrence01 profile image63

Absolutely! Amen to that!

35. profile image52

Law: Then how can u blv HE'S "beings" or "persons" or in the "trinity" when I Cor 12 says "THAT SAME (ONE) SPIRIT?"
      "Omnipresent" contradicts ur belief in "trinity" which LIMITS GOD to 3 "beings" or "persons!"

36. lawrence01 profile image63

I didn't say I understand it! Maybe the Trinity is three ways of seeing the same (Lull proposed like ice, steam and water as a picture) at Nicea Athanasius argued Christ was of the 'same substance as the Father/

37. profile image52

"Substance?" Is SPIRIT "substance?"
      If u would STUDY Scripture, Eph 4:4-6; I Cor chptr 12; google some Bible verses that say Jesus is GOD which confirms ONE SPIRIT, u would "see!"
      "Teachings" KILLS!

11. Ericdierker profile image44
    Ericdierkerposted 8 years ago

I learned so much here. The most eye opening is that people who say they do not believe in the Trinity, just believe in something close. And they call it something different so they won't get wrapped up in "religion".
    One pertinent everybody response was that there is Jesus, Holy Spirit and God.
    Golly when I am asked about my marriage - I say I am one. When my elder son takes care of business on my account we say that he is one with me and indeed in ways he is. Reciprocal trust and authority abides.
    Immaculate conception is another rabbit hole. Mary got pregnant. Mary had a baby. That baby walked the earth. If someone knows how that immaculate conception took place, you are a magician. (I mean that in the derogatory)
    Some folk take issue with Holy Mystery. Fine. It means something that is ill defined for man and requires a leap of faith. Eastern philosophers have no problem with 3 in one. But for us westerners there requires some modulation in comprehension.
    Personally I have been lead back to Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,  And that makes me think of more of an holistic concept that God is in everyone so dividing it up into 3 is kind of a mental gymnastics.
    Instead of "trinity" could you have "Billionty"?
    A family is all one and yet all different. Parts of our body are all different but part of the one.
    Where my son walks I walk, when we are in tune, I am in tune with you and wherever I show up my dad shows up too for I am of him.
    Let us all refine our beliefs and look up. It is good to be alive and able to consider such lofty matters and I thank all who gave input into my knowledge and that of others. You are valued.

1. profile image52

Eric: I BLV WORD (ONE SPIRIT; I Cor 12) not "s/t close!" I Cor 2:10-16 "HS compares "spiritual to spiritual!" How Mary conceived is n WORD (Matt 1:18 "..of the Holy Spirit")! "Leap of faith?" NO! Spiritually minded!
      DON'T LIMIT GOD (Billionity)!

12. profile image53
    BaptizedNRGposted 8 years ago

I believe in the Trinity. Even though the term and the way it's defined are man-made, it still teaches what the Scriptures teach about God. That there is one God, and yet Three who are coequal and coeternal, but not three coequals and coeternals, but one. Jesus says He and the Father are one, but gives no indication that He was praying to himself in the garden of Gethsemane.

interesting.  And well said.

2. profile image52

RELIGION (man) taught not SPIRIT (JESUS aka HOLY SPIRIT) taught!  JESUS SAID (thru Paul) in Eph 4:4-6 ONE SPIRIT; & I Cor Chptr 12  ("MANY GLORIES;" MORE THAN 3 OR TRINITY)(v12)LOOK "...AND SO IS CHRIST!"
      HEAR?"ONE SPIRIT" W/MANY"GLORIES"AS CHRI

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)