jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you find your true self?

1. Jenny Talaver profile image73
    Jenny Talaverposted 2 years ago

How do you find your true self?

2. mark kenga profile image72
    mark kengaposted 2 years ago

Taking some time away from it all.just me and my thoughts.reflecting on major events and the little things in my life.a time of refreshing and new vision for the days ahead.so far its an awesome and humbling experience

3. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

sit down and think, look for answer in forums, sometimes i find myself thru writings

4. profile image0
    candyhippieposted 2 years ago

I sit down, close my eyes, meditate and wait for my thoughts to settle. Then I occasionally get a glimpse. Just don't ask me who's doing the glimpsing.

5. ambassadorbutler7 profile image62
    ambassadorbutler7posted 2 years ago

By speaking from my heart and the core of my being with love and truth without trying to please men and the world with what they want to hear from me. Just be real of who you are down to the core of your soul being. Fake self is down and out. Real self is in and up up up and away in your beautiful soul balloon on February 18, 2016 A.D. 8:47am and forever.

6. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 2 years ago

We look for things that are lost, misplaced.The big 'Self' is not really lost. We are all shining nuggets; Deathless Beings, but we have forgotten. The Goal or purpose is sometimes called Self-discovery, simply because we can only re-discover what we have always been; always known.

The process of re-awakening is the same for all, although the Paths may vary: A belief in Something Higher; Spiritual Practices: Prayer, both verbal and silent; meditation, selfless service to others ...

More practical things would be reading scriptures, music, breathing ...all helps to focus the mind and harness the higher energies required to attract the Higher Forces of Light. Practice Love. Come back to me if you have more questions, Jenny.

working