jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What are some essential qualities for making spiritual progress?

1. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 22 months ago

What are some essential qualities for making spiritual progress?

2. Oztinato profile image70
    Oztinatoposted 22 months ago

Open mindedness and acceptance of religious differences. Having compassion to all as far as one can. Attempt to focus on spirituality in all aspects of life.

manatita44posted 22 months agoin reply to this

Pleases me to hear this. A great contribution, Oztinato. Practical, with sincerity and a feel for universal oneness.

3. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 22 months ago

Willingness, faith, trust, and awareness come to mind. Those are foundational IMHO for all else. In other words there cannot be acceptance without a measure of faith and trust even if assumption. Another is there cannot be realization without awareness. Finally, to believe must be willing to believe while to be knowledge must be willing to doubt.

Nice. A lot in a few words. Doubt does comes in, yes. Until it's conquered or replaced by Faith, it can sometimes be a 'bummer.' Noble attempt Tim.

4. profile image58
    Norine Williamsposted 22 months ago

Acts 10:31 "...BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved..." 

WOW!  This Verse covers a lot!  MOST believe if they believe there is a GOD, they will be saved!  NOT!!!  Even unbelievers believe there is "something" greater than themselves!  However, when one "BELIEVES," he/she BELIEVES what IS WRITTEN in Scripture which has been "rightly divided" (II Timothy 2:15)! 

One cannot began this "Spiritual" journey with GOD unless they "Repent" and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ" (Acts 2:38)!  How can one make "spiritual progress" unless they BELIEVE what IS WRITTEN in His Word? 

Yes, GOD told us to "try the spirits whether they are of GOD" (I John 4:1), but without "studying" His Word (II Timothy 2:15), BELIEVING and HAVING "FAITH," and "Waiting" (Acts 1:4) for "Help" from the Holy Spirit (John 14:26;16:13), Satan will deceive for "There is a way that SEEMETH RIGHT unto man" (Proverbs 14:12).

Why do you think Jesus asked the disciples to "WAIT" (Acts 1:4) for "Help" from the Holy Spirit?  We can't detect which spirit is of GOD in the natural realm!  I John 4:12 continues to say "...because many "false prophets" are gone out into the world."

One of the "advantages" of "WAITING" for "Help" from the Holy Spirit, is the gift of "discernment!"  Did not Jesus say in John 14:26 and 16:13 that HE would "lead us and guide us into ALL truth?"  Well, if IT IS WRITTEN, that's what HE means!!!  Now one has the "choice" (Joshua 24:15) to "lean to their own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5), but most certainly will be "ACCURSED" (Galatians 1:6-9)! 

Therefore, make sure the god you serve ("spiritually") is THE GOD of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, THE GOD who is THE CREATOR of the universe; for there are "spirits" who "Seemeth right unto man" and without the "Help" of the Holy Spirit, you will be "deceived!"

Since this is a "Spiritual" journey, we (flesh) can't do it alone or in the natural!  JESUS knew this and is why HE sent the Holy Spirit to "Help" us!

Thanks for your contribution, Norine.

2. profile image58
      Norine Williamsposted 22 months agoin reply to this

This is not "my" contribution! 
      IT IS WRITTEN!

3. profile image58
      Norine Williamsposted 22 months agoin reply to this

You don't "believe" Scripture?
      Not "my" contribution!
      IT IS WRITTEN!

5. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 22 months ago

Nice answers all. I have a leaning towards Oztinato and Tim's. I choose Tim as he seems to be also saying that a Higher Faith and awareness are necessary. I believe that Oztinato knows this, but it was not so clear. Much Love, all.

Closed to reply

working