Do you see fear, insecurity and intolerance as a huge problem and if so, why?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. manatita44 profile image73
    manatita44posted 8 years ago

Do you see fear, insecurity and intolerance as a huge problem and if so, why?

2. WordCrafter09 profile image65
    WordCrafter09posted 8 years ago

Yes, I see those as problems, but I also see "over-security" (thinking more highly of one-self) as an equally big problem.  People who think too highly of themselves often also think too little of others.  As a result, they operate in ways that are essentially their own little world.  They may not be complete narcissists (people who lack conscience completely), but they have more narcissism in them than is healthy.

SOME fear, SOME insecurity, and SOME intolerance may have roots in someone else's having "too much narcissism than is healthy".  Sometimes the same thing is reason for someone's OWN fear, insecurity, intolerance, or whatever other weaknesses they have.

Of course, sometimes fear, insecurity, and intolerance are just drummed into people by someone else, intentionally or unintentionally.

manatita44posted 8 years agoin reply to this

A very interesting approach and rich enough to add to the value of the question. Thank you. Times can be tough, especially if we are already brittle. Me Whelan, appreciations.

3. MsDora profile image93
    MsDoraposted 8 years ago

All these negative emotions come with the human experience.  It is how we deal with them that decides whether or not they will become problems.

They all signal that there is something uncomfortable in our space. The negative emotions are just the symptoms.

They become problems when we surrender to them, allow them to control us, and then spend our time fighting them.  When we fight them, they win and become a part of us--big problem!   

On the other hand, If we discover what cause them, deal with them at the source, and fix what we can fix, we can actually grow using them as stepping stones. Divine help is necessary, and sometimes professional help as well, but these experiences can certainly produce long-term progress instead of long-term problems.

Nice approach, Dee. Very nice approach. Higher blessings to you, my Friend. Yes, they appear to me as part of human experience also. Much Love.

4. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 8 years ago

Our ancestors lived in a world where they were at risk of attack and murder by other humans for food they'd stored, killed by wild animals for food. Our instincts to look out for constant danger go back to that time, while civilized society has a much lower murder rate, and accidents kill more than murder does (barring wars).
    Fear and insecurity are therefore part of human nature, and it translates into more generic stress for many because we aren't having to literally run for our lives once in a while.
    Intolerance is a major problem for the West right now, with the rise of a fascist left that (ironically in the name of tolerance) seeks to deny freedom of speech, freedom of assembly if you don't agree with them, freedom of religion (if your faith doesn't agree with them), and is now actively assaulting people who don't virtue signal.

And the left is seeing a true fascist movement in social justice warriors. BLM protestors screaming at people in libraries, several actual assaults after white guys didn't agree with them in a restaurant, SJW hate mobs seeking to strip people of their reputations and careers for not apologizing for expressing opinions they disagree with,  no-platforming major liberal icons for not being in lockstep with a laundry list of ideas that grows longer and more extreme each day, threatening violence (to physically attack) Trump supporters by associating ideas with violence.
    This intolerance on the left is even more insidious because you see people not acting out of actual offense but bullying others in the name of various groups. There's no defense, and if you try to defend yourself verbally or physically, they blame you.

A lot here, Tamara. One feels inclined to empathise while at the same time knowing or experiencing some of what you say. How can we address this? What can we do? About the abbreviations. If not offensive, make them clearer. Appreciate your input.

2. tamarawilhite profile image86
      tamarawilhiteposted 8 years agoin reply to this

True liberals and conservatives need to rise against the fascism on the left, which is intolerant of diversity of opinions in the name of tolerance. Social justice warriors want to end free speech in the name of feelings of only certain groups.

3. manatita44 profile image73

Tamara, as a non-American I sometimes feel that life is complex for you guys. I mean, so many issues! Many of the things I read on HP are not on the surface in the UK. Still, the history of the U.S struggle is different. Yes, my themes seem to be big

5. profile image51
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

Yes, these "emotions" are "huge problems," IF one is not in Christ!  However, "IF Christ dwells within you" - No Problem!  The problem is, MOST don't "BELIEVE" all of His Word rather take it upon themselves to "fix the problem" without the "Help" of the Holy Spirit!

Let's see what the "Creator" (GOD) of the universe has to say about these "emotions" vs what "man" says:

I.    "Fear:"  Fear and anxiety are two "emotional" tools used by Satan!  If one "BELIEVES" in His Word, we MUST "stand" on what HE has said!  Isaiah 41:10 tells us "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee: yea, I will help thee with the right hand of my righteousness."  "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me..."(Psalm 23:4)! WOW!  If we would "stand" on His Word, "Believing" in what HE has said, we would KNOW "No weapon (Satan) formed against me will prosper" (Isaiah 54:17)!

II.   "Insecurity:" When we feel "insecure" it only displays our lack of confidence and trust in what GOD has said (unbelief).  Obviously, another "emotional" tool used by Satan! "In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence" (Ephesians 3:12).  "But blessed is the one who trusts the LORD, whose confidence is in him" (Jeremiah 17:7)!  We can then "...come "Boldly" unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" (Hebrews 4:16).

III.   "Intolerance:"  GOD is an  "Intolerant" GOD so why aren't we?  "Thou shalt have NO OTHER gods before me" (Exodus 20:3).  This is what the "Creator" of the universe said!  The GOD of Abraham, Issac and Jacob!  So why do we "worship" other gods? 

His saying was also "carried over" into the NEW COVENANT in which He said (speaking through Paul as HE spoke through The Prophets) "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be "ACCURSED."  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that you have received, let him be "ACCURSED" (Galatians 1:8-9)! 

This is what GOD (The Creator of the universe, the GOD of Abraham, Issac and Jacob) has said! 

IT IS WRITTEN!

Thanks Norine!!  If nothing else, you really are not short on tenacity. Thanks for the contribution.

2. profile image51
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you JESUS!
      I give ALL glory to GOD!
      Not "my" contribution for IT IS WRITTEN!

6. manatita44 profile image73
    manatita44posted 7 years ago

Much gratitude for all your contributions here. Thank you all.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)