jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

What do you owe yourself?

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 24 months ago

What do you owe yourself?

2. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 24 months ago

A new life, I want to be single again and stay single for the rest of my life

threekeysposted 24 months agoin reply to this

Yes a fresh start...me too
      Just thinking... to have a little of your own life can you secure a room that is entirely yours where no one can enter! And the only time you will answer a knock on your door if there is a fire or an emergency?

3. IvoryTusk profile image76
    IvoryTuskposted 24 months ago

I owe myself love, the opportunity to make mistakes, and acceptance of all facets of who I am--especially the parts of which I am not proud.  I owe myself the strength it takes to act better tomorrow than I have today.

I believe we are all diamonds with many facets. The light shines on some  facets while other facets lie within the shade. Both are equally needed. I have realized my weaknesses have backhandedly become a strength. It's odd how that can be.

2. IvoryTusk profile image76
      IvoryTuskposted 24 months agoin reply to this

I love the notion of vulnerability being the source of shame and inadequacy, but also being the core of our strength and ability to live and express ourselves wholeheartedly.

4. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 24 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12995578_f260.jpg

I owe myself (or God) time; since my actions have wasted time on occasion throughout my life. Perhaps if we realize our most significantly priceless commodity is indeed time we will begin to understand this...

"Patience, you have time" I'd say to myself. Big mistake! Time is our most prized possession. A moment can become a life long memory. Imagine if we never wasted a minute? So today I am going to make the most of my moments to follow...small or big.

5. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 24 months ago

At least I should be playing the music of the Flautist. She has sent me here to manifest her Light; to praise, adore and glorify Her name. She wants to dance in the wind and grow in Creation; She wishes me to be Her wings to augment Her beautiful game.

I owe that to myself: To serve; to elevate; to uplift her children; Her beautiful flowers....to sing of Her glory; Her magnificence.

I owe it to myself to live in harmony with Her plans; Her Will and Consciousness; so as to elevate Her grandeur; see the effulgent Light in all Creation. Nice question.

Beautiful and delicate.....

2. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 24 months agoin reply to this

Thank you, Threekeys. I'm a poet. Read some when you have time.

6. profile image55
    Norine Williamsposted 23 months ago

"To thine own self, be true!"  (Shakespeare)

Polonius:
        This above all: to thine own self be true,
        And it must follow, as the night the day,
        Thou canst not then be false to any man.
        Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!

Laertes:
        Most humbly do I take my leave, my lord.
        Hamlet Act 1, scene 3, 78–82

"To thine own self be true" is Polonius's last piece of advice to his son Laertes..."

Sure saves a lot of backtracking trying to remember lies you've told and Oh, did I mention a clear conscience with no sleepless nights?

threekeysposted 23 months agoin reply to this

I am happy for you that the bible is a great source of solace. There is a intense passion that comes through your words and bible passages. However while I tried to read a 600 paged bible when I was 7, I still don't get its style of communication

2. profile image55
      Norine Williamsposted 23 months agoin reply to this

It's not I, but GOD w/in me! 
      "Style of communication?" 
      It's assertiveness or too many thee's and thou's?
      Try AMPC (Amplified) Version of Bible!

working