jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why does most unaware individuals call Holy Spirit Holy Ghost?

1. Atcelle profile image50
    Atcelleposted 21 months ago

Why does most unaware individuals call Holy Spirit Holy Ghost?

Do these individuals really know the meaning of a ghost? As a ghost comes with evil and the eerieness of ways,and God's Holy Spirit does not come that way.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13021877_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 21 months ago

I suspect it has to do with the translation of one language to another.

1. Atcelle profile image50
      Atcelleposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Cecelia Switzer and also some individuals are not even aware of what they are saying as some just mimick others and what they are saying, but there is a difference between the two as one is of bad energy and The Holy Spirit is the Helper and Truth.

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 21 months agoin reply to this

That may be true for you but 'ghost' has no evil connotation for me. And the main thing you are forgetting is that the Bible was NOT written in English. It has gone through many translations and its the translator who decides which word is used.

3. Atcelle profile image50
    Atcelleposted 21 months ago

Cecelia Switzer I know that the Bible has different translation not only that but it was manipulated, and common sense is common sense as to know the difference between the two, when I was younger and reading the Bible I was always question that part among many and it's Father God that made it quite clear to me among other things, just like how individuals read The Bible or listen to a sermon and deep within their beings they know something isn't right , well the same here and as along as one has the helper and bearer of Truth inside he will always show up the lies, it seems that some individuals are just caught up in the lie delusion and manipulation of believing God is a hey ghost, and to me he made it quite clear that a ghost he isn't.

1. profile image58
      Norine Williamsposted 21 months agoin reply to this

If any word is preceded by the word "HOLY" in Scripture it becomes "RIGHTEOUS!" 
      Man's definition(s) can not be compared to GOD'S when worshiping "in Spirit & in Truth" (Jn 4:23-24)!

2. Atcelle profile image50
      Atcelleposted 21 months agoin reply to this

I know Norine Williams But no Ghost that I know is a ghost can not be Holy if it's identity is of eerie ways .

working