jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Do you believe people have guardian angels? Why or why not?

1. snapcracklepop profile image60
    snapcracklepopposted 17 months ago

Do you believe people have guardian angels? Why or why not?

I don't believe everyone has a guardian angel. The Bible doesn't say we do.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 17 months ago

I agree, and if anyone needed one, it was Adam and Eve. If they didn't get one then why should anyone else?

3. snapcracklepop profile image60
    snapcracklepopposted 17 months ago

Lol! So true smile Nice answer! There is no where in the Book of Genesis that says Adam and Eve were given a guardian angel.....Before they sinned there was no need for a guardian angel. There was nothing that could or would cause them harm. They were living in/under perfect conditions..... Even after they, Adam and Eve, sinned and disobeyed God, they were not given a guardian angel because there was no provision for such a thing.

snapcracklepopposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Your childhood picture, sadly promotes a falsehood about children having a GA. So many children come up missing or are molested by their own family members and those who are suppose to protect them. Where were their guardian angels?

4. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 17 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13183818_f260.jpg

I believe people have guardian angels because I want to believe people have guardian angles. My favorite picture from childhood is the angel watching over the two little kids walking across the broken wooden bridge.

The people that lost their lives in the Twin Towers on 9/11, where were their guardian angels? What about all the terrorist acts going on around the world that has taken countless lives? Where were their guardian angels? These were no doubt good ppl

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Well I could also ask where were all the guardian angels when children are being touched by the evil that exists in the world but that wasn't the question. You asked if I believe in them. I do and I will continue to believe in them because I want to.

3. snapcracklepop profile image60

You have stated your belief in guardian angels and I have stated my disbelief by explaining why I don't believe in them. You could have did the same. Since you didn't ask the question I will: where are the GA's when little ones lose their lives?

4. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Maybe it isn't a guardian angel's job to protect the life of their charge. Maybe it's just to watch and guide and be there when the soul leaves the body and needs direction. My guardian angel helps make me happy so I'm going to keep her.

5. snapcracklepop profile image60

Sissy since the Bible doesn't support the idea of a guardian angel, I will go along with the Bible's view. I don't like believing in something that has been made up by human imagination. I dont like the word "maybe" becuz it shows that youre uncertai

5. Reluctant Revival profile image75
    Reluctant Revivalposted 17 months ago

I do not believe people have personal guardian angels, because God only made so many angels at the beginning and did not make anymore afterwards. There just isn't enough angels to have a personal angel for every person on earth, let alone every Christian on earth. There are angels that are in charge of protecting areas where people dwell though.

working