True Christians stand out in the world as being different

1. profile image0
    snapcracklepopposted 18 months ago

True Christians stand out in the world as being different

At times being a genuine christian will take courage and determination to go against the "grain", to take a stand for what is right in God's eyes rather than our own eyes despite the ridicule and opposition from others. True Christians let their spiritual light stand out amongst a spiritually bedarkened world. True Christians humbly let their "light" shine before others and not in a braggedocious or boastful manner.

Also, true Christians are followers of Jesus Christ and worshipers of the true God...They carry out the God given assignment given to them by Jesus Christ at Matthew 24:14

2. profile image59
    peter565posted 18 months ago

Actually, a true Christian isn't a very good person. if we read the bible carefully, we realized, A person who do good in the eye of a Christian god,...will be somebody more in alliance with the Taliban and ISIS. For example the bible teaches.

Chronicles 15:12-13 [And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.]

Deuteronomy 22:20-22 [But if the thing is true, that evidence of virginity was not found in the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has done an outrageous thing in Israel by whoring in her father's house. So you shall purge the evil from your midst. “If a man is found lying with the wife of another man, both of them shall die, the man who lay with the woman, and the woman. So you shall purge the evil from Israel.]

Most modern westerners don't qualify as true Christian anymore, because we don't do such evil. I don't reject people been Christian, as long as they don't follow the Christian teachings that conduct such violation of human right, but I will have a problem when a person know what a true Christian is suppose to be like, and act according to it. Because that is full on Taliban style and I am sure, the police and FBI, will have a problem with it too, consider they will start doing stuff like, going into a bar and start kidnapping and killing non virgin girls, go on the street with a machine gun and killing infandiles.

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 18 months ago

Yes, my take on the God-given assignment is that there is a place called the Kingdom of Heaven, and we can get there. There is a process or recommendations to follow. Love, soulful service, prayer both verbal and interior, an offering of our selves to mankind. Purity, Devotion, humility and simplicity are but a few of the things. Prayer will teach us more as we progress, we cannot move faster than Grace.

Yes, you are one of the Lights of the world, and you must shine. Mankind will be inspired and follow slowly, and we will all ease God's many burdens or responsibilities.