jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is Church mainly for social reasons?

1. Reluctant Revival profile image66
    Reluctant Revivalposted 19 months ago

Is Church mainly for social reasons?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13187053_f260.jpg

2. promisem profile image98
    promisemposted 19 months ago

From what I have seen, the answer is yes for some people and no for others. I believe there are people who go to church for spiritual insight.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

Churches are the tribe you choose, though you can be born in one. It lets you celebrate life's milestones and weekly checkins to connect with everyone and reinforce your values.

4. Sharon Fetterman profile image61
    Sharon Fettermanposted 19 months ago

I can't answer for other people, but for me, church is for gathering so like-minded Christians for fellowship, helping one another, being fed the Word of God and building up one another, etc.

5. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 19 months ago

For many it is, but at the same time, every little bit helps. We are all social animals and that is why you will see so many retired people joining clubs or being volunteers at charity shops and other stuff too. Loneliness is never helpful.
    The famous Seer Vivekananda used to say that we cannot help anyone, that whatever we do, is to help ourselves, and yes, social interaction helps us to grow.

That said, the purpose of Spirituality is all-fulfilling; more complete, and I meet many who aren't even aware of the need for purity, yet alone the goal or purpose of human life. Generally, we are at the level of the mind: Chat, sing, praise, eat... chat again then go home to the same old, same old. The spiritual Heart is missing. I will repeat though, that everything helps.

The wise know that true Spirituality is all-inclusive. But yes, more inner work is sometimes needed. Much Peace.

working