jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Things that people want most out of life

1. profile image0
    snapcracklepopposted 20 months ago

Things that people want most out of life

Real happiness, contentment, security, and true love. I want to add: A close relationship with God as well.

2. WiccanSage profile image97
    WiccanSageposted 20 months ago

Life in itself is just an amazing adventure. So really I just want to experience what it has to offer. Part of that is my relationship with my Gods, also my family/friends, and just the beautiful experiences of being alive. 

Beyond that, I would hope to contribute something to help other people appreciate this journey as much as I do. I hope I can make an impact on someone, whether it would be to offer them compassion or kindness in a dark moment or to make them smile or to help them with a burden.

Security is important of course, it makes things easier, but overall it's not the material things I'm into, it's the experiences.

1. profile image0
      snapcracklepopposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Once again you have responded in a very positive up building way. Thank you. Much of what you say is Bible based when it comes to not being materialistic and showing compassion and kindness to others. Are you a Bible reader as well?

2. WiccanSage profile image97
      WiccanSageposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I have studied the Bible, as I've studied the texts of many different religions. It doesn't play any role in my religion, other than the fact that, like all religions, it offers some pearls of wisdom & good advice. But I've read it.

3. Reluctant Revival profile image64
    Reluctant Revivalposted 20 months ago

I want to do the will of God the most out of my life. When I see God in Heaven, I want Him to commend me by say "Well done my good and faithful servant."

1. profile image0
      snapcracklepopposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I too  want to continue doing God's will and to please Him in all my endeavors. You and I have different hopes and destination goals. You wish to be in heaven and my hope is to live forever on a beautiful peaceful  paradise earth (Psalms 37:29)

4. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 20 months ago

It is the other way around for we are in fact enspirited beings. Suffering comes because we feed the body and not the Soul.

But yes, to be practical, we are all looking for the above, not knowing that we are unconsciously searching for God and will not be happy until we merge and become one.

working