This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

If the basic start of Christianity is the bible, why do we not all agree?

1. Kay-ce L Adams profile image74
    Kay-ce L Adamsposted 21 months ago

If the basic start of Christianity is the bible, why do we not all agree?

There are lots of ways to receive a message from the bible. As you read it, it seems to speak to you (for believers). It guides you through life. Yet, when it comes to this very thing, it is also the start of many arguments between fellow believers. If this was supposed to be a tool; why is it seen to be so different within the Christianity religion?

2. arksys profile image89
    arksysposted 21 months ago

watch a movie with 5 friends and tell each of them to describe the movie and you will understand the plot but details will be different for everyone. The people could even have different favorite characters in the story. They will note their every single move their favorite characters make and only have vague descriptions of the other characters.

Similarly, If you read the bible it will speak something to you and when someone else reads it, it will speak something else to them. it all depends on what you have been through in life, what you have are going through in life and what questions you have in your mind at the time. If you think you already know a story or section in the bible then your mind will automatically skip that portion no matter how many times you read it.

We, as humans also want to be right all the time. So if what i say is right and what you say is right then we should have a discussion to see who is correct. when one side does not have the capacity for discussion or is too stubborn to change then a division is made. In the long run you end up with many weak strands who all think they are correct.

I think i'm drifting off the question but i hope this gives you an idea.

1. profile image56
      Norine Williamsposted 21 months agoin reply to this

To say when 1 reads the bible & "interprets" 1 way & another another, can't you see you're using YOUR MIND vs THE HOLY SPIRIT? 
      "We as humans" are NEVER right (Rm3:4)!
      IF we "WAIT" for "HELP" from ONE MIND CHRIST; ALL would be "WITH ONE ACC

3. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 21 months ago

JESUS SAID "If you love me, KEEP MY "COMMANDMENTS" (John 14:15) and HE wasn't ONLY talking about The Ten Commandments either!  It is as PLAIN AS A NOSE ON ONE'S FACE what the "FIRST" STEP for a "Communication Line" to HIM is!  HE "COMMANDED" us in Matthew 6:33 "SEEK" ye "FIRST" the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and ALL THESE THINGS will be added unto you!" HE basically says the same thing (Witness Scripture; Deuteronomy 19:15; Matthew 18:16; II Corinthians 13:1), in II Chronicles 7:14 "If my people who are called by my name, would humble themselves, and "SEEK MY FACE..."  and in Acts 1:4 when HE "COMMANDED" us to "WAIT" for the POWER (Acts 1:9) who would "lead and guide us into ALL TRUTH" (John 14:26; 16:13)!

But what is the Kingdom of God?  JESUS SAID in Luke 17:21 "The Kingdom of God is within you" but no one continued reading (READ ALL!)! JESUS SAID in Verse 25 "But FIRST [i] must suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation."  HE "suffered many things" when HE was crucified!  However, before HE DIED, HE "Promised" a HELPER (aka Comforter; aka Holy Spirit) who would "lead and guide us into ALL TRUTH!"  HE sent The Promise (aka JESUS; John 14:26 "IN MY NAME") on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:2)! 

Therefore, the Kingdom of God (aka Holy Spirit) was sent us on the Day of Pentecost and is available to ALL "IF" we "SEEK" ye "FIRST" the Kingdom of God...", "IF" we "humble ourselves and "SEEK HIS FACE," and "IF" we "WAIT" for The Promise (aka Holy Spirit) sent us on the Day of Pentecost. 

Since JESUS has "ONE MIND" (Philippians 1:7; 2:1-5; 4:2; I Corinthians 1:10; 3:3; 12:4-31;II Corinthians 13:11; Acts 4:32; Romans 15:6; 16:17; Isaiah 52:8; Ezekiel 36;26; 37:22; John 17:11; II Chronicles 30:12; Psalm 133; Jeremiah 32:38-39) it appears MOST have not "OBEYED HIS COMMANDMENTS" (Matthew 6:33; II Chronicles 7:14; Acts 1:4)  yet "proclaim" Christianity? 
    I don't know what you "THINK" you are serving by it's not "THE" JESUS!  I don't know what Holy Spirit you "THINK" you have, but IF you don't "OBEY THESE COMMANDS," it's not "THE" HOLY SPIRIT (aka JESUS)! 

Don't tell me that *I* judge either, for I've given HIS WORD; therefore, it is not *me,* BUT GOD!

1. arksys profile image89
      arksysposted 21 months agoin reply to this

You don't have to believe it but... the Helper who will lead and guide us into all truth ... is believed to be Muhammad by the Muslims. For you it is the holy spirit. (PS: I had very tough time reading past the caps and punctuation)

2. profile image56

FLESH (Muhammad) "cannot please GOD" (Rm 8:8)!  How can man (M) be equivalent to SPIRIT? How can man (M) be CREATOR of the Universe?  How can CREATOR of Universe LIE? 112 "Who never begats" then how did he create?
      Insulting CAPS won't negate TRUTH!

3. arksys profile image89
      arksysposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Don't understand completely what you are trying to say. Will leave it here.

4. profile image56

FACT:  You worship Muhammad (man or your holy spirit) vs "THE" SPIRIT or "THE" CREATOR (aka GOD)! 
      In other words Muhammad is your god vs CREATOR of the Universe (aka GOD)!
      I  would suggest you READ II Kings 17:29-41 for better "understanding!"

4. profile image59
    peter565posted 15 months ago

For a start if we live according to Christian value, I can kill ur husband and BF and make u my sex slave a beat u up like a bitch. Trust me, it is in the bible. The bible make it very clear, u are allow to take other people's women as the spoil of war and make her ur wife and what I say, was really in practice during the dark ages, where knights go around stealing other people's wife this way and it was totally legal and there are knights that really practice it.

In addition, within the bible a wife is literally the slave of her husband and Christianity actually allow polygamy, despite European law doesn't allow it, but due to the bible influence, a man can still have as many mistresses and sex slave as he want, as long as he conquer it from other men. For example till 20th century, in Europe husband are allow to pimp his wife out to other men, to financial gain and the wife must obey.

In fact rate of abuse to women is higher amount Christian house hold, then all other right now.

https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph … e-to-women

working