jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What is your reaction to our Philippine war against illegal drugs?

1. profile image60
    Lord Shalomposted 13 months ago

What is your reaction to our Philippine war against illegal drugs?

Many had been killed...

2. manatita44 profile image85
    manatita44posted 13 months ago

I have heard a few bits and I'm not an authority. I'm a God-lover and do not usually enter this field of politics. Still, God is everything and in everything.

I understand that Durterte started well. Many illegal substances, even alcohol, creates havoc, kill and create disharmony in families, community and life itself. Hard drugs are worse and we hear about their sad effects, wars they create and innocent deaths all the time.

I do not know about Durterte, but in the spiritual life, a greater good is better than a lesser good. I may not wish to sacrifice my only child, but with a pure motive, I can do so if I am saving 20 other children, even though they are not my own.

The lesson here is motive; purity of intent. Never forget that the Lord resides within and already knows all. So for instance, those villans in the great epic Mahabharata, were already dead and Arjuna simply had to carry out his duty. God is always in charge, not man, and Durtete and the Philippines will change according to His Will and Consciousness at the appointed hour.

Meanwhile, although not knowing too much of the facts, a war on something which creates so much evil and make us weak, may in fact prove to be a blessing in disguise. More importantly, when I last heard, Durtete still had the support of the majority of his people. Much Love.

1. profile image60
      Lord Shalomposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Amazing answer...

2. manatita44 profile image85
      manatita44posted 13 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much! I wish the Phillipines and its people all the best.

working