How can you prove existence?

1. profile image60
    Chris Bobbsposted 11 months ago

How can you prove existence?

Existence of concepts are always proved either by previous concepts, in the same sense that we need to use words to describe a material item, but how do you describe words without words? Or how do you prove the existence of anything, without using the anything else that supposedly exists as well?

2. Ceegen profile image80
    Ceegenposted 11 months ago

There are very few things you can prove for certain, philosophically speaking. In fact the only thing you can prove, to yourself and without actual words, is that you exist. That's about it.

And it doesn't matter if you're a man dreaming he's a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming that he's a man... In some way, in some form, you exist. It's the one thing you can't deny or disprove, and yet, you can't prove you exist to anyone else.

It frightens and horrifies me that I can't prove I exist to other people.

3. profile image59
    Setank Setunkposted 11 months ago

You have demonstrated the uselessness and hypocrisy of Philosophy with your question.
    Philosophy uses the very tools it decries. Existence is a word created by humans to define an awareness of things: An awareness that is bound by human senses. Philosophy uses many words and terms to unbound the defined parameters of language to appear "smarter".
    Everything we see, smell, taste, hear and feel exists. What we see on videos or detect with radar or radio telescopes is real. What does not exist is a useful application for modern philosophy.

working