What are religions and for what they are? Are they only hypothetical??

1. profile image61
    Chetanhtposted 8 months ago

What are religions and for what they are? Are they only hypothetical??

As we know all organisms have same origin why do humans belongs to religion?Is it only political and mental issue since ancient time?

2. BizGenGirl profile image90
    BizGenGirlposted 8 months ago

Spirituality and religion provide many things that people often find comforting, including (but not limited to): preset morals, lessened fears of death, personal explanations for the unexplainable, understanding and connection of/to cosmic energies, etc...

Personally, I don't think religious paths could completely fit under the definition of "hypothesis". Ironically, the notion that we all come from the same origin could be considered more of a defined hypthosis than even the most anecdotal spiritual experience, as until we can invent time machines, we have no way of going back in time to our primal birth and test out the hypthosis of origins, no matter how logical or acceptable those hypthosis might sound or mathmatically make sense.

Likewise, no matter how silly or bizarre a spiritual or unexplanable experience might sound, it's often true that the same experiences are experienced by hundreds and millions of people (depending on the experience), and can often be repeated with expected results, even if those results are not measurable or recordable by our infantile technology (which is only barely starting to catch up with what ancient spiritual paths have known for millennia).

So, while others might disagree, I feel that, no, spiritual paths and religions are not "hypothetical", regardless of how many might have been purposely created with ficticious intentions for political or personal gain.

3. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 6 months ago

The Source is one but it plays a divine game which some call Lila (leela). It is necessary in order for manifestation --the field of evolution to advance. The life-tree is one and religion is its branches. I like a particular branch and call it Islam, another like a different branch and call it Christianity and so forth. All branches are part and parcel of the tree and as such essential to it. There is nothing outside the divine.

Religion is necessary and again man will create until atheism itself becomes a form of Faith. All is necessary for the soul, according to its growth and evolution. The spiritual ladder has many rungs and for some, rituals are crucial!!

When I was a child I did the things that a child does and when I became a man, I put away childish things. But it would then be foolish of me, to condemn the child. The scavenger is equally as important as the King and the goal-keeper just as necessary as the striker, even if performing different roles. They are all critical to the function of order and evolution.

"The essence of religion is to fear God and obey God;
    The Quintessence of Spirituality is to know God and become another God."

working