jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you pick your religious beliefs is it a it picks you

1. profile image60
    Makala Andersonposted 9 months ago

Do you pick your religious beliefs is it a it picks you

I have really tried to find one I fit in at and really believe and agree with I have never found one and its like some one pointed me to it but I have always been obsessed with demons Lucifer ghost etc so I did a lot of reading witch I hate doing and Satanism or satanic is not what its made to look and I truly feel I'm ment to be satanic so which picks who

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 9 months ago

No, Most people did not (choose) their religious beliefs.
    Their parents indoctrinated them into a particular religion during their formative years. Once a person becomes an adult they usually stick with the religion they grew up with.
    It's an exception when someone goes "religion shopping" and takes time to study/review various religious dogma before choosing one. In the U.S. one has the right to worship under any religion.

3. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 9 months ago

Personally, I think things like this are sort of their own 'double-entandre'. Whereas most folks end up keep whatever religious dogmas (or lack thereof) that they were raised with, it could be considered, that even for those of us who recognize that our spiritual "home" is elsewhere, might have actually been chosen by the path we ultimately choose to follow...

4. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 8 months ago

If you're this interested in religion then you might want to do some more reading before you decide. You can never do too much research.

If you truly believe in the power of demons you want to be really careful before working with them. They have no reason to do you any favors and they aren't going to help you with trivial things.

5. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 7 months ago

God picks the God-seeker or God-lover, but in line with experiences or Consciousness (inner growth) if you like. I grew up in Christianity and one can perhaps say that my parents are responsible for this. Most of us are affected by our culture and countries when quite young.

As one grows older, one may stay the same or commit to something different or new. Still, a new birth is required for spiritual life proper and that may come by reading scriptures, or attending discourses, listening to a video or friend and so forth. Spiritual awakening is a new or sudden way of looking at the Light... an illumination or uncovering of the Heart ... a revelation of something which has never left us but was simply hidden until revealed. God, Grace and maturity reveal this Light.

There is then a transformation, acceptance and totality of the oneness of God without boxes.

Loosely speaking, there are two ways of looking at the spiritual Path. One is a mental way and the other is the way of the Heart. Both are part of the plan, but the second is faster, safer, surer..