Two people well versed in the Bible. Both claim to be moved by the Holy Spirit.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image47
    Ericdierkerposted 14 months ago

Two people well versed in the Bible. Both claim to be moved by the Holy Spirit. But different?

There is no question both can back up their different views with scripture. Both are not perfect on deciding which scripture is most appropriate to follow in order to be a Disciple of Christ or Christian. One insists that his way is the only way. The other believes that we are all guided differently and do not have the same calling.
    Either saying that the other "is wrong" is a problem.
    Ordained ministers with congregations tell parishioners what to think.
    If either of our gentlemen tell others what to think are they the same as the "pulpit preacher?"

2. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 14 months ago

They will be different, yes, but perhaps you mean one seems pious and the other not, or again having opposing views. This happens all the time. Theologist are generally University trained and very scholarly, yet they differ in their views about righteousness. Same with any Faith, really. There are sufficient videos on the net to show that Islamic scholars differ and again, Sufi's tend to differ from them, rather like a Jehovah's Witness and a Catholic.

No need to say that one is right or wrong. There is a famous story about the Buddha which answers this. By the time he met the man who questioned his teaching, this man had visited 100 teachers!

His question to the Buddha was simply whom should he believe. So the Buddha told him that he should not even believe in him (Buddha). He was happy that the man came and said that if he felt he - Buddha - said something that he could use then use it, if he could not, then let it go.

You will find a lot here who suggests how we should think and again some of the same Faith who disagree. You already know this. Follow your own voice, I say. Here's what the God-man Shams has to say:

"There are more fake gurus and false teachers in this world than the number of stars in the visible universe. Don’t confuse power-driven, self-centered people with true mentors. A genuine spiritual master will not direct your attention to himself or herself and will not expect absolute obedience or utter admiration from you, but instead will help you to appreciate and admire your inner self. True mentors are as transparent as glass. They let the light of God pass through them."

Be yourself; walk your own journey. Many things inspire us and I'm sure you've got yours. Stumble and rise again. That's healthy. Don't worry about the blind. I see no problem with your journey nor God's wisdom. Praise be!!

Ericdierkerposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Very cool answer my friend. It is good to see you.One of the strange notions along this line is that some feel learning about other "religions" is bad for you.
      Perhaps we are most insistent when we are insecure.

2. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 14 months agoin reply to this

Yes, my Brother
      A lot of other stuff too. Different stages of the journey. Be like the lotus that remains firm in rain. Good to see you, too. Are you happy with your man?

3. Ericdierker profile image47

Doing well here friend. We do practice happiness.

4. Trevor Hove profile image60
      Trevor Hoveposted 14 months agoin reply to this

can you be my teacher?

5. Ericdierker profile image47

Trevor, isn't Manatita marvelous. And his constant reminder that we are all teachers and all students is refreshing and keeps me transparent and not as a statue.

6. celafoe profile image57
      celafoeposted 14 months agoin reply to this

eric-  thanks for your validation mr worldly carnal man
      Luke 6:22  22 Blessed are you when men hate you,
      And when they exclude you, And revile you, and cast out your name as evil, For the Son of Man's sake.

7. Ericdierker profile image47

That is so cool, playing the martyr hand like Noreen used to do. I just love the idea that others disliking you and what you stand for makes you more holy. The theory being that if they think I am nuts I must be right is awesome funny.

3. celafoe profile image57
    celafoeposted 14 months ago

it means that either one or both of them are wrong and they need to pursue the Holy Spirit to show the truth.    But only those that are filled with the Holy Spirit of God can do this.     The false spirits that many accept as being God cannot and will show truth as they are of satan.The only way to understand the one and only true interpretation of scripture is to Repent, be born again according to ALL that Christ says a disciple must do and then do it.     Following the gospels of man can not help there is only one genuine Gospel and that is the one Jesus brings.

Very nice answer. And what do we make of two that do as you say but have different understanding. You are avoiding the question that you suggested I ask. Remember?
      It seems with you that it always boils down to you being right and us wrong.

2. celafoe profile image57

eric- you twist things.  I always say to not believe unless the Holy Spirit of God confirms.   You are not a disciple of Christ according to scripture because you do not believe ALL that Christ requires is necessary.   dont agree? refute w scripture

3. Ericdierker profile image47

Charlie you just do it and do it and do it. You are the only right interpretation. One is gifted with one talent and another another. One reads scripture one way and the other another.

4. celafoe profile image57

absolutely NOT TRUE.  There is ONLY ONE CORRECT interpretation to scripture ( some have multiple messages).  You clearly do not follow the Holy Spirit of God but another spirit .you are wasting my time

5. Ericdierker profile image47

Nope Charlie you waste mine with you arrogance. I will face you at every turn that you spew your venom of hate and bigotry against those who do not agree with you. Christ taught in parables not your sophistry. You are not the savior.

6. The0NatureBoy profile image44
      The0NatureBoyposted 14 months agoin reply to this

The gospel's meaning is only true when one has surrendered their every fiber to spirit. The only way anyone will know it is true is they're living their teachings since "ye shall know the truth and the truth shall MAKE you free" is written.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)