jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

How Many Fellow Wiccans/Pagans Buy Supplies Online?

1. Alessia Amnesia profile image57
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years ago

I'm just wondering how many of my fellow Wiccans and Pagans buy supplies online. I know I do because the small town I live in doesn't have any shops that have these supplies. We used to, but it didn't get enough business and caused quite a fuss with the local Christian community.

But I've found a few websites I absolutely love. So how many others buy supplies online and what sites do you order from most often?

1. smann profile image55
      smannposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh you have that same problem. The joys of living in small town America. I either buy online or when I can make trips to larger cities and stock up.  It does become difficult at times. I did find a nice little Asian store that I can pick up some things that I need like dragons blood and other such things. When looking for altar decor and ritual supplies I usually have to get them online.

1. profile image60
        (Q)posted 7 years ago in reply to this

They have dragons in Asia? Do they breed them or find them in the wild?

1. It's just me profile image60
          It's just meposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Dragon's blood is a bright red resin that is obtained from different species of a number of distinct plant genera: Croton, Dracaena, Daemonorops, Calamus rotang and Pterocarpus. The red resin was used in ancient times as varnish, medicine, incense, and dye. It continues to be employed for the aforementioned purposes by some. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_blood

2. deblipp profile image61
      deblippposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I started practicing before there was such a thing as "online." The only "Pagan supplies" I frequently buy online are books and sometimes certain hard-to-find incenses and herbs.

I used to get my incense and charcoals at a local Hindu shop, but they closed. The Native American store in the mall carries charcoals, and I get Church Incense online.

I did find some very nice ceramic goblets on ebay. I like ceramic because metals give wine an odd taste.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

What do you mean when you say "supplies?"

Off the top of my head, I can't say that there's anything I regularly use in my personal practices that somehow requires some sort of specialized shop to get it.

Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, in my practices, I like to use specific brands - brands I trust that aren't typically available in Wal Mart.

1. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Brands of "what," Alessia?  You still haven't said what sorts of supplies you are trying to get, which is why I haven't made any recommendations.

I didn't say I was looking for anything specific at all. My regular store online is great. But I wanted to see if anyone else had some suggestions of good online stores. I'm just trying to open myself up to different brands and designs.

3. Chloe Comfort profile image60
    Chloe Comfortposted 7 years ago

I purchase most of my supplies on line. Thirteen Moons is one of my faves. Also check out Capricor's Lair. These are probably the two I most order from unless I can find a really good deal somewhere else. Thirteen Moons is my top pick. I also head to Salem, MA each year to replenish what I can. They have the best Wiccan shops (obviously). Hope this helps. Blessed Be!

Thanks, Chloe. I've visited Thirteen Moons before, but I'll have to check Capricor's Lair out. Blessed be.

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Having read your thread about how you can't earn here, I now realize you are just here to promote a single site which you happen to work for and were fishing for info about where people shop...

I'll stop commenting here now.

5. Wilhelmina Noir profile image51
    Wilhelmina Noirposted 7 years ago

I used to shop Azure Green, and Pathways (a local shop here in Saint Louis), but can't afford to do that anymore. Lately I pick up candles at Target.

1. deblipp profile image61
      deblippposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Azure Green is a terrific supplier, they predate the Internet and they're very trustworthy.

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Alright! Alright! Now all you druids, sungoder's, forest faries and posers just stop! Have you ever been skiing?

1. It's just me profile image60
      It's just meposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yep, cross country skiing all over Alaska.

7. 4elements profile image79
    4elementsposted 7 years ago

I buy from online as well as in my town. We actually have a cuople places. I also see what my Mother Earth has in my own back yard.(leaves, flowers, stones, rocks, branches to use as wands, etc.)

1. 4elements profile image79
      4elementsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

sorry, couple, sometimes my hands don't catch up with my mind as i type, lol

8. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

What can you witches actually do for me? Do you cure stuff? Can you make my pug stop biting my fingers?

1. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image90
      AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know of a special kind of magic which will fix this problem for you.  It's a spell called Puppy Training Classes. wink

working