CHANGE IS HAPPENING

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. transform2 profile image59
    transform2posted 14 years ago

Why do people resist change when change is inevitable? In order for transformation to take place in our lives or in any society, we must be willing to change some things. Change sometimes calls for a new way of thinking; a shift in our paradigms. It is becoming aware of the things that are negatively affecting our lives and the lives of others, and taking the necessary actions to correct those things you can correct.

As with the health care system, President Obama, as well as former presidents saw a need for change in the way the health care system in this country has operated.  As a result they have worked to find a way for all Americans to have affordable health care. 

A project that has been talked about for a century has finally materialized. This happened, as a result of the presidentâ��s persistence to bring about change.  The fact that this historical event was successful shows the some people are willing to embrace change. Change is happens even in the face of resistance.

When people say that they do not want change, it is sometimes because of fear, selfishness, lack of will power, strength, faith, determination and discipline. Refusing to accept change that is designed to positively affect lives is in a sense discounting or underestimating the power of almighty God, through whom we can do all things.

Let this promise give you hope in the eternal, because everything, including change, on this side of life are temporal.  Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Fatherâ��s good pleasure to give you the Kingdom (Luke12:32).

Paul contends in Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. You can change the undesirable things in your life if you believe you can. Within you are all the tools you need. You have to personally make the decision to accept change before change can actually occur.  Once the step is taken toward change, it is now time to adapt to it.

Adam R. Gwizdala gave a vivid expression of change in the following statement: �Everything in life changes you in some way; even the smallest things. If you do not accept these changes you do not accept yourself.

For through these changes bring new and greater things to you, making you wiser, as time progresses. To avoid these changes is a loss. You only live your life once. Do not waste a minute of it avoiding things. Let them come to you, and learn from them. There is always tomorrow.�

When I look back at periods in my life, I have to consider myself both a product and an agent of change, because I have had many changes in my life and each change produced results, and often favorable results. My first big change took place when I was three years old and my parents took me from one parish on the island of Jamaica, (Saint Andrew), to another one, (Portland). They left me with my grand-mother while they migrated to Great Britain.

I would not see my mother again until I was about eleven years old, and my father when I was seventeen years old, and in college. I did, however, have regular correspondence with them in the form of letters, since I did not have the luxury of a telephone.

Change came again when I left for another part of the country to attend high school.  One of my biggest changes was migrating to the United States. To this day change continues to take place in my life and I prefer to embrace them, rather than to evade them, because I know they happen for a divine purpose.

When I first came to this country, I went to Connecticut and today I live in Arizona. I am enjoying change, and anyone can if they do not resist the idea. All it takes is an open mind, willingness, trust and faith. Great opportunities can come with change.

Pauline Lewinson

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Change Obama's rear end from the White House couch to a seat in some far-off communist country, and then I might be willing to "embrace change".

1. samboiam profile image61
      samboiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, I was just wondering. Do you ever have anything positive to say? I am not a big fan of the President either but is the venom you spew about him neccessary.

I have seen several of your post and you do not hide your Christian beliefs. Maybe you should refresh yourself on 1 Timothy 2:1-2-

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.

.... for all who are in authority.

I looked and there was no disclaimer to this verse. I believe all means all. The type of prayer the Apostle Paul was refering to was not a prayer of get his butt out of here to another country prayer. But rather one for wisdon and guidance.

If more Christians would live out their faith instead of making it a Sunday only experience the Church may have more influence in our society.

Just thought I would throw that out there as food for thought. Go ahead and blast away I am ready.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Those passages say God wants all men to be saved.
        And I will remind you of how men become saved----through belief in Christ and repenting of their sins.  It says He want all men to come to a knowledge of the Truth.
        I have prayed for Obama's salvation.  But that won't happen unless he is shown the error of his ways and will accept it.

Tell ya what---WHEN a man of God has the guts to confront Obama with the Truth, publicly or else so that it's at least made public, then I might believe that there is hope.

One does not gain wisdom if they don't pray for it themselves!
        Godly wisdom is not given to the unGodly.

And a point that many don't seem to understand-----Obama is NOT a King,  nor is our Congress under the authority of any King, ergo WE citizens are not under any such authority.  America is a nation with a political government where the PEOPLE are supposed to have authority.

EDITING to say the majority of the People who haven't thrown away the moral basis of the Constitution, are supposed to have authority.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am disappointed by your words and the manner you condemn people like the President!
      Being frank is nice but the negativity in your tone and disrepect is very clear!
      You seem to be very negative about everything!
      I wish you could be more tolerant of other people even if they don't come up with your expectations!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

And didn't the majority elect Obama?

1. wyanjen profile image68
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes.

as opposed to george bush...

1. Padrino profile image60
        Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or Bill Clinton

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not really.  One Brenda vote is equal to 1,000,000 opposing votes.  The 2008 election was stolen from the Brendas by the electoral college.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Finally we agree on things!  hahaha

3. Padrino profile image60
      Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And a majority will unelect him.

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I will admit change is coming, but I will not admit that it has anything to do with the President of the United States.

The change coming is a new way of thinking. A more sophisticated, integration of thought is on it's way.

For those who are religious, you will find change difficult, because the new way of thinking has nothing to do with god or the bible(or it's sister books).

A person's individual focus on their life will become more directed toward self-improvement and how one integrates the events of life into their self-improvement stage of life.

To agree on any level is a positive step forward, but in the end, it will be pettiness and illusion, for which, will be the greatest obstacles for humanity to overcome, before progress forward.

Just my thoughts. smile

5. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

That's nothing compared to the change that's gonna happen ultimately.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Leave your conjectured religious thoughts out of it. Because, when the time comes, this myth of god is also going away.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He already went away. Haven't you heard? But the thing is this. He is coming back the same way He left.

1. Hokey profile image60
          Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fairy tales!

1. profile image0

Only in your mind.

What exactly is reality? Everything in this world will rust, rot, decompose, etc. . . This shows me that this world really isn't reality.

1. Hokey profile image60

Its called impermanence. That is reality. Nothing stays the same. Forever is always changing. That is reality. I wish you could see that all this goodness and inner strength comes from you and not from you sky fairy belief.

1. profile image0

You seem to be following Mark Knowles and Earnest hub. They are the ones who like sky fairies.

1. Hokey profile image60

I follow no one but me. Thanks for your concern. Maybe you could pray for me.  big_smile

1. profile image0

I thought maybe you had become one of their disciples. I will pray for you if the Spirit leads me to.

2. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So you keep saying, but doesn't mean it's truth of the matter, because the future can be seen by those who have the understanding of life.

I've been able to discern truth through thorough research of life itself. I can also tell you that god isn't in the future of humanity, because the integration required for growth and expansion of the human race depends on it dying to the way side.

Therefore, the myth of god will go away and remain a dead concept.

Just a little helpful insight. wink

3. skyfire profile image79
          skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't get it a guy who manage to split the ocean died on cross ? I hope second version will be much better and powerful when it comes to making stories for next generation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)