The Creator has provided enough resources to feed human beings

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (46 posts)
  1. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

The pessimists often keep on saying that there is not enough to feed the populace. It is a wrong notion, if the sources are utilized properly and new avenues are looked into, there is nothing to worry; only the human beings themselves do not  let them reach to the needy and do not distribute them equitably.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0
      Chasukposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Creator or no, the problem isn't so much having enough food, but distributing it efficiently.

2. profile image53
      (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who are these pessimists and where do they say that? Provide some sources for your claims.

3. profile image53

First of all, you have refused to answer my question as to who those so-called pessimists were, so we can conclude that there are no pessimists other than what you have created in your mind.

Secondly, you have not provided a single source regarding the amount of food in the world compared with it's populace.

So far, everything you've provided is hearsay while the questions posed to you go unacknowledged.

Clearly, these are all just more irrational beliefs on your part.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

It's all very well having hungry and needy people waiting to be fed.... but who actually covers the cost of seeds and time taken to process them? hmm

I think we need to be real here and use a real world perspective.. which is not solely considering 3rd world situations.

How much time do you spend feeding the masses and what does it cost you to grow the food you are referring to? hmm

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An entire stalk of corn takes exactly 84 days from seed to harvest.
      One kernel produces upwards of ten-fifteen ears of corn.
      Each ear has about 100 kernels (1,000-1,500 per stalk).
      If someone took that stalk and planted all those kernels, the next harvest would be 1 million new kernels. By the third harvest (autumn) a billion. so in essence in less than one year, at least one billion people would be able to grow their own corn.

The cost for the ORIGINAL single corn seed is something like 0.0099 cents US.

Wheat is even more seed, because it is in the grass family. A single blade of grass produces upwards of 100 seeds. Looking at the average American lawn, that's a lot of grass seed or a lot of wheat. And even cheaper than corn seed.

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

If you are going to open threads in the forum that are Relevant.. Then kindly make yourself available (at the time) to respond to those who are polite enough to post on your thread.

Perhaps you should limit the amount of threads that you open if you choose to ignore us or have no interest in attending. hmm

1. profile image53

Would you show the same consideration if the topics were Christian oriented?

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well perhaps it all relates to relevancy.  I was being polite in light of questioning the relevancy (or lack of) of this thread.

I feel the point made is relevant irrespective of whether or not it is religious subject matter.

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

PD

I'm so confused again

but glad to se you

4. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I eat a lot!

5. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey PD, did you know that the creator teaches it's followers how to avoid responsibility by pushing their beliefs on everyone else and making it other people's fault for why things are, because this person's belief in a creator is perfect like the creator. So, why bother with responsibility, when they can blame it on everyone else but themselves.

What else is new?

Btw- Nice to see you PD, it's been a while. smile

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

G'Day Mate.... lol Ummm there's a bit of truth in that alright lol
      He's dodged me a few times so far.... and I so want to know who he expects to grow the food big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But, didn't you realize...it is his job to tell us that we are wrong and must do as he says, but not as he does.

So, each of us has to be responsible, while he(and his muslim friends) can spread their "peaceful" message around, all the while, ruler over us. roll

smile

1. profile image49
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Cagsil

The ruler could be anybody, it is not essential that he/she should be a Muslim; any body who could rule with justice a Muslim would/should co-operate and obey him as a faithful subject.There are specific verses in Quran about that.

Thanks

6. profile image0
    crmhaskeposted 13 years ago

I disagree with the creator part, but I do agree that there is sufficient to satiate all.  The problem is human greed, and the distribution complications (which stem from greed).  Currency and it's present importance is a part of the problem.

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Crmhaske, I would disagree with what you said here. It's present importance is not the issue nor is currency itself. Currency is simply a tool of humanity.

Understanding how to use it, it's power(creates greed) and respecting(realize greed can come from using) it's power is mostly the problem.

Just my thoughts. I wrote a hub on it. wink

1. profile image0
        crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

importance and power are often interchangeable

2. profile image49

Hi friend teacher crmhaske

Thanks for agreeing with me though in a part of it.

Regards

7. profile image0
    Justine76posted 13 years ago

plus, at least in the life I've lived, I have found...there are poepel who will not do anything to help to themselves.

1. profile image0

Often not because they have never wanted to, but because they have been manipulated into thinking they can't.

People are a product of their circumstances, the oppressed do not initially oppress themselves even if it often ends up that way.  It is the responsibility of the oppressors to clean up the mess they made to begin with.

1. profile image49

Hi friend crmhaske

I agree with you; but the oppressor seldom do it; They leave the mess with oppressed and then blame him also for doing it.

Thanks

8. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

I actually do provide food for many people.  I am a farmer and often I have to spend quite a bit of money and time irrigating crops because God won't let it rain.  And greed does play a large part in making food prices so high.

There are thousands of acres of food plowed up just in this area because farmers cannot afford to pay for it to be harvested because of the low prices offered.  But even when the price plummets for the growers they stay the same in the markets.

Imagine selling beef for a little over a dollar a pound when the stores get $20.00 a lb. just for the tenderloin.  And the farmers share is not even close to being all profit.  Greed from the middleman causes food to cost so much.

1. profile image49

Hi friends

I agree with the above sentence of Randy Godwin; the distribution system should be improved; it lies with the human beings.

Thanks

9. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

i must write this for paar...no matter whether i agree with him or not , one thing i admire about him is his patience and persistence..

1. profile image49

Thanks friend pisean282311
      Regards

10. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

this might help:

Americans eat 815 billion calories of food each day - that's roughly 200 billion more than needed - enough to feed 80 million people (a day).

-Americans throw out 200,000 tons of edible food daily.
    -The average American generates 52 tons of garbage by age 75.
    -The average individual daily consumption of water is 159 gallons, while more than half the world's population lives on 25 gallons.

-Eighty percent of the corn grown and 95% of the oats are fed to livestock.

-Americans constitute 5% of the world's population but consume 24% of the world's energy.
    -On average, one American consumes as much energy as:

2 Japanese
    6 Mexicans
    13 Chinese
    31 Indians
    128 Bangladeshis
    307 Tanzanians
    370 Ethiopians

Still think it is 'gods' fault people are starving Q?
    Might want to rethink that.

1. profile image53

Are you saying that believers don't thank their gods for their abundance? If so, what's to rethink, then?

1. profile image0

I am saying you are blaming your aft-god effect for a human problem of gluttony, ignorance and waste. BOTH believers AND non-believers the same. No difference in my humble opinion.

1. profile image53

No difference, you say? I would have to agree.

There is no difference between the gluttony, ignorance and waste of believers who thank their gods. They are to blame entirely.

Thanks for the clarification.

1. profile image0

obviously, you can only support your opinion with half read posts. My post says BOTH believing and non-believing. You are just as they. Emotionally clouded, far from logical or critical.
            sorry ol` chum, your fish bait is still old fish.

And both sides smell "god-awful".

1. profile image53

I don't thank gods for anything. You are wrong.

If it is logical to thank a god for your abundance, then it is logical that you should thank him for someone else famine.

1. profile image0

You might want to grab a copy of Neil Gaiman: American Gods.
                Might assist in your perspective.

It's on Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Gods-ebook/dp/B000FC10MU

1. profile image53

The perspective is from believers, not me. I'm not the one thanking a god for my abundance while completely ignoring the plight of others.

1. profile image0

Neil Gaiman is actually a fantasy writer, and my favourite author.

American Gods is one of the best pieces of fiction I've read.  It's essentially about the old gods (norse, greek, roman, etc.) fading away as the new gods of the modern era (television, cell phones, greed, etc.) raise in their place, and the old gods' attempt to save themselves from disappearing entirely.

Movies I'm sure you are familiar with: Stardust, Coraline, Beowulf -> he wrote the books these movies are adapted from.  Mirrormask is another movie adapted from his book, but it isn't as widely known.

11. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

but it is not accessible to all? the processed foods and raw foods which are available are hard to get -- because of price

specially the healthy foods which are definitely more expensive, if not for the prices (which affects the price) we should have more than enough

1. profile image0

hello pretty,

correct. Health or organic food has less additives/junk than standard processed food, yet costs twice as much. The commodities futures exchange -i guess- is run by religions too. jeje.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By stakeholders, economic entities, how about religious orgs you mean??

1. profile image0

Most of the food supply is owned by for profit capital corporations, that exploit migrant workers and cause the pricing index to go nuts. People do not realize they are not buying shares of corn, they are buying shares in the price of corn that will never reach a grocery store.

Edit:

Add to that the Land Warlords who own the farms, that move the market. That land is backed by a debt instrument/mortgage, which the farmer cannot possibly pay off in a lifetime, driving the price sky high. Anything they plant is sold to niche buyers for either consumption or pig feed, fuel research or left in the field to rot.

Do you know nearly 40% of the food market stock is designed against the growing of food? In short, people making wealth off of people starving.

12. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

I doubt half of the vegetables grown in the U.S. are ever harvested.  Growers are at the mercy of buyers because the buyers know the produce is perishable and cannot be stored until the price returns to a profitable level. 

Corn, soybeans, peanuts, wheat, and other grains may be stored so these crops have some bargaining power.  You would be shocked at how cheap the farmer sells produce for. 

Around here we go for "road kill."  Not dead animals on the road, but all sorts of vegetables which fall from the hundreds of produce trucks traveling the back roads.  Whole boxes filled with cabbage, squash, onions, and other great vegetables are lying beside the road.  Free food!

1. profile image0

LOL. I am a witness to this. Used to stop in PA and get a truck load of fresh everything for nearly peanuts.

13. imcheryl profile image58
    imcherylposted 13 years ago

I'm new to the HUBs and this post caught my eye. It is promising to see such active conversations and in particular to see such activity on the topic itself. I sense some argumentative tones and obviously many of you are familiar with each other and I hesitantly think I'll add my two bits!

I don't get the impression the person who started this thread was trying to impose a belief on others, nor did there seem to be any intent other than to get people thinking and discussing the idea. It doesn't appear there is any judgement in the original statement.

From my perspective; I have observed that nature provides for the inhabitants of the world were it allowed to operate as it should. Nature is the reality we are immersed within, if we really want to be real & whether we humans want to recognize that or not. Our human worlds of high finance and corporate farming are not designed following natural principles of living but based on capital consumerism. Humans need to learn to live with nature by operating in sustainable, respectful ways as it applies to the earth and its' resources as well as the inhabitants who share it with humans and humans themselves.

We "civilized" humans have far to go just in learning to care for ourselves and each other well, let alone to care for this fair earth we live on! And none of this has a thing to do with religion - if anything organized religion adds to the problem simply by separating people rather than bringing them together!

Hope to get to know you all better as I build my hub and participate with you all!
    Life is our dance. Live simply, live well and laugh a lot!
    ;-)

1. profile image49

Hi friend  imcheryl

Welcome here; thanks for you input.

14. Daniel J. Neumann profile image59
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 13 years ago

The question becomes, how do we distribute resources fairly? I'd postulate that decentralization is the best avenue, but it would take a world government or at least a UN mandate or treaty to make it happen.

I agree. We have enough food to end world hunger, if the powers-to-be cared.

15. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

The Creator has provided enough resources to feed human beings

As new human needs come up; new resources also surface which man never knew previously.

The Creator-God Allah YHWH is the greatest Provider to human beings.

Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)