jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Would You Like To Know Now The Exact Day You Will Die? And If So, Why?

1. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 7 years ago

If someone could tell you the exact date when you will die, would you want to know? Tell us why.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image61
      stilljustwonderinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes I would.  I could have everything ready so my belongings wouldn't get tied up in the court.  I would transfer the title to my car over to the person I would want to have it, or sell it  and give the money to my beneficiaries.  I would make my funeral arrangements so my loved ones wouldn't have to go thru that.
      Then I would tell every one how much I love them, not to mourn for me, but celebrate my going home.

1. Dave Barnett profile image55
        Dave Barnettposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Nope. Gonna be right back anyways, why sweat it.

2. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that something we should do while we are alive and healthy anyways?  Why wait until you know you are dying to prepare your will and tell your family and friends that you love them?

1. camlo profile image87
          camloposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You're right, especially because any one of us could die at any time. Horrible thought, though.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image61
          stilljustwonderinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I tell people I love them every day.  I would just tell them again.  Things get tied up in the probate courts.  So I would distribute my assets so my loved ones wouldn't have to wait for a judge.

2. profile image0
      Richard Stephenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No, I definitely wouldn't want to know.  I would be afraid that I would live the rest of my life in anticipation of that day than actually living my life.  Maybe it would make me live each day more fully but it could also become an anchor.

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Of course I would love to know. Almighty God is my creator, but more importantly He is my Father. Jesus is my redeemer and saviour, but also He is my Brother. I have longed for the day when I would return home to Heaven to re-join them. Also there are several of the Prophets, and the Apostles I am looking forward to having a conversation with as well.

To know the exact day of my return, would give me something to really look forward to, just as we look forward to seeing old friends after a long time, and we know they are coming for a visit.

2. camlo profile image87
    camloposted 7 years ago

That's one thing I never, ever want to know. The thought of dying scares the hell out of me, and I like to think it won't happen to me anyway smile

3. wildorangeflower profile image67
    wildorangeflowerposted 7 years ago

I don't want to know it just yet!

4. ftclick profile image58
    ftclickposted 7 years ago

No, if you are healthy and active, you'd be too nervous to think about much else. Unless, it is a terminal illness and you're in a bed all the time, then Yes.

working