jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

If you could learn the exact year you would die (but not the cause), would you w

1. Ana Koulouris profile image80
    Ana Koulourisposted 3 years ago

If you could learn the exact year you would die (but not the cause), would you want to know?

2. vicki simms profile image74
    vicki simmsposted 3 years ago

I wouldn't want to know the year I would die as I think that it would play on my mind from the minute I found out until the said year and then as soon as I reached that year, each day I would think is it today? It would ruin my life knowing so I think I can safely say my answer to your question is No! smile

Ana Koulourisposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more!

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

I remember reading a short story many moons ago where a guy asked a fortune teller when he was going to die.  She told him when his donkey sneezed three times.  After the second sneeze the guy panicked and shoved two stones up the donkey's nostrils.  The donkey still sneezed and the force of the sneeze made the stones fly out at the speed of a bullet when they penetrated the man's skull.  And he died.  If he never asked the fortune teller that question he still would be alive at the end of the story.  So I would say no because I would be holed up in my house trying to find ways to prevent my death-even if I didn't know how.

Ana Koulourisposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's a very good point (plus, I like that story - I think I've heard something like it before).

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it was part of Aesop's Fables but not sure.  I read it in school

4. CrescentSkies profile image86
    CrescentSkiesposted 3 years ago

Yes, it's nice to know how long I've got to do everything I want to do and how much longer I'd have left to live with the consequences.

5. Dantex460 profile image61
    Dantex460posted 3 years ago

I would like to know everything about it.
    Then kick fates arse by doing it a day early.

working