Past, Present and future

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I went to bead, was just laying there and a thought came to mind.

I want to write it down while I'm still thinking about it.
    Most Christians are thinking that All of prophesy is going to all happen soon, and it is all coming down in a 7 year plan.

I want to bring something to mind that I haven't said before.

Scripture says...  Jesus appeared to John on the isle of Patmos.

I’m  Paraphrasing now ... Jesus told John … “ I came to show you a vision about …      that you have seen, things that are ,  and of things to come.

Why    on earth    ???  does Christians think that all of Revelations are pertaining to events that are yet to occur "???"

Have seen,       which are,       which shall be.
      Past            present            Future   
        What ya think?       Is the before mentioned  comparison of words a “WILD”  off the wall interpretation?

I'm only bringing this up   CAUSE   Christians should tell other Chistians about stuff like that.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Prophecy will be regarding the future.
      Visions can be the past as well.

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree that prophesy is concerning a thing that is ti happen in the future.

But it doesn't remain futuristic for ever?????
          It will eventually happen if it is a ture prophesy.

That scripture says that some of the events described in Revelation had allready happened, and is happening at the time that John recieved it.

It doesn't make sense that they would stop happening at that point..  skipping 1900 years before they are to begin happening again ?
          Does it ?

1. mohitmisra profile image60
          mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes it will eventually happen.

I see too many indicators that they have never stopped unfolding.

Like Rev 5:6    Jesus is not seen as king of kings or the son of God in this verse.

He is seen as if He had just come down from the cross.
              He wasn't in Heaven one minute and is standing there opening the seals the next.

I believe that this was described that way for a very good reason.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image61
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your right.  A lot has already happened.  Even as a child I heard people saying the end is near.  They were seeing prophecy being fulfilled, but, not all.  The Bible hadn't been published in all nations at that time.  Scripture tells us of the increase in knowledge.  Be it spiritual knowledge or technology, that hadn't happened at the time of my child hood.  That is a fulfillment of prophecy now.  No, the book of Revelations doesn't just cover a 7 year period.
      To my understanding.  I am sure there will be some one to disagree.  big_smile
      That's ok tho, they do have that right.

Take the prophesy written in Daniel for instance.

When Alexander the Great was marching toward Jerusalem to conquer it ...  A group of priest went forth to meet Alexander with scripture in hand.

The priest showed Alexander where prophesy foretold his arrival and dominion over the Hebrew Nation.
          Alexander considered this as victory and changed his attention in another direction.

When the Bubonic plague was killing 1/2 to 2/3s of the population in Europe they recognized this to be fulfillment of the first vial judgment.(Rev 12:2)

We are much further down the line in prophesy than anyone wants to admit.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image61
          stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.  We are watching all the pieces of the puzzle come together.
          It may still take a little while for the final piece to fall into place, but, I really don't expect to die of old age.

The only time specific prophesy that applies to us is the end of the 42 months that the beast (Rev 13) is given to blasphemy.

It appears clear to me that the 1000 years that Satan is bound in the pit for a 1000 years are contained within the 42 months. 

Satan gives his power and his seat to this beast before he is bound in the pit. (Rev 13)  and after the 1000 years (rev. 16:13) the beast false prophet are seen in the dried up river Euphrates ; and 3 spirits come out of each of their mouths to gather together the kings of the earth to battle.
            (same as Rev. 20:8)

After his release out from the pit; Satan is given a little season to gather the kings together.  A season is approx 119 years.

2. TruthDebater profile image53
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

I have seen many old folk in their last few years worrying about prophecy and if this is the end times. Many even hope for the end times simply so they can be right and feel justified about their belief. So is prophecy selfish? Wanting an end to everyone because one or some individuals think it's time? Plus there would be no point of the future if it was already planned and written.

Also, isn't it a little contradictory that the bible teaches folk not to worry, then preaches of end times in attempts to make people worry and believe?

1. srwnson profile image61
      srwnsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think many people who look forward to the end days as not simply an end to humanity, but possibly as a new beginning. If taken in that context, perhaps they don't worry. MY OPINION

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)