jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Catholic

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image72
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

how are you today? I would like to post a forum similar to the Atheist one and see how kindly they stay out (which they won't!) IF they do, stay out completely and prove they are what they say, I will praise them and thank them. Of course, since this is open forum anyone is welcome to visit and I would love to converse in a friendly way.

I am a Catholic and Christian. Being Catholic is being Christian. I love God, I try to be kind and patient.
    The Faith I have in God, the teachings I am taught help me to do so, and to long to be good, to stay kind.

I want to go to Heaven, I live my life as a child of God, I try and treat my neighbor as I would Jesus, I try to be kind, empathetic, etc.

I don't like to judge "Judge not lest thee be judged" I do not insult people who are gay or different than me. I love my freinds who are different. I even accept my very close friend who is either atheist or agnostic. I pray for him.

The only time I lose my cool, or get involved with people who don't believe, is when they attack or speak untruths. I feel, in order to defend God, my Faith, my beliefs, my dignity I need to step up and correct a bit.

I have no desire whatsoever to be invovlved with non believers'discussions and would Love it if HP would be so kind to delete the entire Religious/belief formus for I have no need at all to discuss My own faith with people online...........

I wish good mental, physical, and spiritual health to all
    and I pray for you and wish you well, that you will attain the peace you are seeking.

God bless you,
    I will try not to ever come back here.

1. Jerami profile image74
      Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Now that is so cool that this popped up at this time.

schoolgirlforreal  I hope that I haven't offended you personally or any other Catholic; with some of my comments about the Church that the Roman Empire built.

I just thank God that he sent his two witnesses; the two candlesticks down to the earth to infiltrate the religions of the earth.

When you hear me badmouthing RELIGION  I am not badmouthing the followers of religion.
          I think that religion is the best place that there is for a person to be introduced to GOD.

But all too often,  religion holds people back from having a real relationship with GOD.

I don't care what denomination that we're talking about.
          Religion is kinda like a dating service!   After ya meet? 
      GO  and have a relationship.   

AMEN

schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thankyou smile I take no offense. I haven't see it anyways smile

One thing I forgot to mention is that the difference in this thread is I haven't insulted anyone smile

1. Jerami profile image74
          Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't intend to..  ever.

Lets all keep it nice.

2. profile image0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have no desire whatsoever to be invovlved with non believers'discussions and would Love it if HP would be so kind to delete the entire Religious/belief formus for I have no need at all to discuss My own faith with people online...........

and yet you are the OP in this forum thread in the religious section.

For what it is worth from someone with more than intimate knowledge and understanding of Catholicism, you appear to be what could be termed a good Catholic - and these forums are full of atheists and other anti-religious folk like myself - but the biggest issue for you posting here is that most of the other christians are not Catholic, or any kind of christian that a good Catholic should be associating with.

3. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Typical. If you don't want it, no one else can have it. You would have the whole forum deleted just because YOU don't want to participate? And you wonder why a lot of the christians make other folks crazy.

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Schoolgirlforreal: As you know I too am a Christian/Catholic, but more Christian, as I donot always agree with the Roman Catholic Chruch and all of its teachings.

I was just thinking though, we should be calling ourselves Jewish, for Christ was a Jew, as it states on the sign atop His Cross. "I N R I" =  "Jesus of Nazareth King of The Jews" and to be a "Christian" means to be a follower of Jesus Christ, therefore a Jew.

2. skipper112 profile image60
    skipper112posted 6 years ago

my friend schoolgirlforreal,
    I also am Catholic, I find your outlook on life and your faith is as good as it gets.I read your post, gee it said it all.All I can say is God bless you, wish more people had your attitude. Thank you for being my friend.
    God bles you now and always

schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thankyou smile I'll be sure to message you when I feel I have something more to discuss,

3. aguasilver profile image88
    aguasilverposted 6 years ago

schoolgirlforreal, if my dictionary serves me correctly, we are all catholic! smile

I was fortunate to escape early exposure to religion, so I grew up searching for direction and after only 40 years in the wilderness found it lead to Christ.

There IS only one believers body of Christ, but it seems God chose to hide it all over the place in many denominations.

But we are all united in Christ.

One of my best discussions was with a Monsignor, and one of my mentors is an Opus Dei member, yet I am considered 'protestant' and  so what!

I support a charismatic Catholic Church here in Penang, for the simple reason that they are doing Gods work amongst the indigenous Malay living in the jungle.

But I oppose vigorously what I term Churchianity.

My Great Grandfather was an Irish Catholic, my parents technically were Anglicans, my passport used to read (when they designated religion on it) Church of England.

Did I worship England? (rhetorical question)

So many titles and distinctions, yet we all, those who know Christ and are known by Him, will end up in the same eternity.

Stay Blessed....

John (a free believer in Christ)

working