Love to share a hub with someone on the topic spirituality

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 13 years ago

Some people on line have hinted for me to write a hub on spirituality.
    First question, are we allowed to share a hub on this forum?
    Go figure, a newbie, weak writer, and weak computer tec. tackling spirituality? Spirituality one of the most challenging words in the dictionary, up there with love and God. Funny thing, these kinds of challenges makes me unstoppable in turning it into strength. My strengths are in a few areas of arts and entertainment for 35 years. I have 172 international awards among the a few areas in the arts. One of my natural talents is hiring people smarter than me. One of my dreams on the dream list is make film documentaries. The most common thread to master any field is investing 10,000 hours; I already have 80,000 hours invested in the art and entertainment.

Seeking a candidate who has strength in areas of my weaknesses. A person who loves a challenge and interested in writing for documentaries films in the future.

Is that you?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image77
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can't link to your hub in this forum "Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links."

Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you

I will do that.

Dose my thread sound like a sole purpose of promoting

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
          Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Write that hub. It will stretch you. smile

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely YES you may write a Hub on this subject. I have written one myself. I would be honoured to colaborate on a Hub on Sprituality with you.
      Brother Dave.

Thank you for the acknowledgement and appreciated your interest. Although I think you are a good writer and spiritual sided, I get a feeling it maybe too one-sided.

My brother is a pastor and mother is an atheist, she shares much more my views that everyone is God, and to love everyone and everything. I can’t get pass with my brother where Jesus talked more about hell than about heaven, or about natural history in the Bible and dinosaurs. We can't talk much about sex or art sand culture from 30,000 years ago, or other religion values, and most of all ethics.

I’m not downing Christian, I may prefer a few Christian as neighbor than a few atheists. But from one of your hubs you wanted atheist to back where their came from, what their mother? I do prefer more humanitarian approach and you will find me in the middle grounds of the two extremes.

Thank you anyways.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
          Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are Christians who talk about evolution, natural selection and dinosaurs, or sex and sand art culture, beer good whiskey, stand up comedy, having a laugh, etc. Chrisitans should be well......... just normal and not sitting on the fringes removed from reality with extreme views.

When Jesus said be separate from the world, He meant don't adopt its values and decadent lifestyles. When He said don't love the world or the things of this world, He meant, don't love anything more than me. Perhaps if the just would juest get real and realise that those outside the church are just normal people, then maybe the church would be more attactive.

So what about spirituality? I think it's living in the world but walking humbly before your God and living righteously. It isn't about rules and regulations, do this, don't do that.

Righteously mean morally upright; without guilt or sin: oxymoron to born a sinner. How can you keep track or know all your sin and repent them to on time, or POOF! you’re in hell.

Righteous judgment more oxymoron for we are not to judge.
            More Christian judges others greater, than many other groups I know.

Med evil ancient time’s spirituality can only teach me little about the spiritual of the 99% of the unknown world and universe. Science is almost like the opposite of religion, yes Christian dabbles in it yet very few really master it.

I prefer the middle grounds of both and still enjoy sharing with you. Still daring and working on a few hubs like you said to do.

1. Jerami profile image60
              Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We have here on the hub pages some extreme religionists   and   extreme atheists.

They are throwing rocks at each other.  Both sides.

Seems that the safest place is in the middle.
                Not just cause it is the safest place to be, but is probably the right place to be anyway.

Just like when we are driving down an old country road.
              The ditch on the left is no different than the ditch on the right.

Also.  when you hear any two people arguing their views of a situation...  We most often will discover the truth lies someplace between what they each are testifying to.

I build natural history museum displays and a few of them are about great men in World history. You will find the vast majority of great men some where in the middle.

2. earnestshub profile image71
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I'm simply not in that league as a writer, I do simple hubs and muck around with my gkids all day, but as others had come here I thought I would too, if just to say that this is a big one, even with the proper view of the gods inside. A dark cave with black water the mind and it's extensions, the body and it's connections, ........ synchronicity, poltergeist could all get a leg in! ... it gits large mate!!! You will have to make a very tight movie to get that one in under 3 hours!

I never wrote before, did well enough in public specking, it takes more guts to do that than write. I'll turn this weakness into a strength.

Thanks for the push, earnest.

1. earnestshub profile image71
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It could be the greatest movie ever made, just don't let me near it, I would make a bloody documentary instead of a best seller! lol

I won't go as far as the Titanic

smile I had forgotten the titanic.
            I could not stand to watch it myself! smile Not a big fan of the sort of girly thing it was about if it was the one with the two of them on the deck and all the "romance" smile
            Tacky! smile

1. aka-dj profile image66
              aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Come on ernie.
              Where's your "soft" side.
              A soppy chick-flick ought to go down really well from time to time.
              It's like a breath of fresh air after all the blood and guts action movies etc.

Surely you could find one that brings back memories of when you (hopefully) were romancing your Mrs. cool

Well, I like my romantic side!
                Why else would I buy my non-mechanical wife a set of tools for our wedding anniversary aka?

Wherever I saw the opportunity to fill an obvious void in her life like that I showed my romantic side. smile

Would'nt Sexy Lingerie, work better.

Nah! I prefer wearin Jocks. I tried the sexy underwear, it never fitted round the big fella! smile
                    For me it's all about the girl in me life. Haven't you fellas worked out that all women really want is a decent combined set of A.F and metric sockets and a tension wrench? smile

I dunno why all blokes don't give tool-sets on romantic occasions! smile

3. earnestshub profile image71

You may recall that Cecil B DeMille said.
    "You'll never go broke underestimating the taste of the general public" Then proved it!

4. arb profile image76
    arbposted 13 years ago

Spirituality seems such an ambiguous word. To some it pertains to God, to another nature and to many anything apart from the physical. I suppose the meaning of a word is its use. I also wonder of the middle ground. It is safe and offensive to no one, however, it reveals little of ourselves or our direction. I wonder if it simply sits between the light and dark, executing judgement on both without ever venturing in to either. In fairness, a place everyone must visit, but not a place for permanent residence. I think a place where one is free from the risk of ever being wrong, but at the expense of ever being right.Communication from such a place, it seems to me, would lack the passion that give birth to ideas. In my heart, direction gives way to a journey, but the middle simply reads the travel brochure. Honesty begs us to a journey and fills us with the courage to turn around if it isn't to our liking. With sincere hope to not offend, if one is neither hot or cold then one is tepid. I wonder that I would not prefer the story of one who ventured, wrong or right, to that of a travel brochure. Something about just knowing they went that stimulates my curiousity. After all, what does someone who has traveled neither road have to tell me of either one? I have found respite in the middle, but I did not find right or wrong. For that I had to journey and that, as Frost noted, has made all the difference. As you prepare to write of spirituality, I hope you will venture out. Every journey has a story, the middle is a place to dream.

I have traveled 94 countries and always say to myself there is no place like Home. Home is that middle grounds; I guess that’s why I liked the movie Wizard of OZ so much.

It being such an over ego world out there, I don't know how I cooperated with so many strong committed views and survived. I've been a professional artist for 35 years, how many artist of any kind do you know have survived that long. I think of Spirituality is the 99% unknown world and Universe. It’s like a source of good intension, with many ways to get there.

Being there is like a big fish telling the little fish, he is living in the ocean, it surround you , your in it, The little fish just ignore big fish and goes on looking for the Ocean.

My quest to encourage people to love their work, love themselves and their enviorment first. Then begin servicing others better.

5. earnestshub profile image71

Seriously Titanic was mush! smile My dog could write a better script! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)