Comparing Jesus and Muhammed 60

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Beelzedad profile image59
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

What's worse than a really, really, really long and boring OP?

The quoting of a really, really, really long and boring OP with a one sentence response. smile

1. skipper112 profile image61
      skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I belive that Jesus and Mohammed cannot be compared, 1st Jesus was the son of God the father.
      Mommahad was at  best a prophert ( Mohammed claimed it ) but Mohammed unlike true propherts only got visited by a angel, Mohammed was never visited by God  also there was 5000 years between them.

This is what I belive Jesus and Mohammed cannot be conpared, PERIOD.

Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In other words, your belief in the claim that Jesus was the son of god outweighs a Muslims belief in the claim that Muhammad was a prophet.

And, you somehow believe there is a difference? smile

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
          couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good point, Beelzedad.

2. Ahmad Usman profile image68
        Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Say ye: "We believe in God, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We MAKE NO DIFFERENCE between one and another of them: And we bow to God (in Islam)." (Quran 2:136)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_MqCa3Fx8w

In the light of the above Quranic verse, Muslims BELIEVES and RESPECT all the prophets of God Almighty starting right from Adam, Idris (Enoch), Nuh (Noah), Hud (Heber), Saleh (Shelah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Lut (Lot), Ismail (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Yaqub (Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Shoaib (Jethro), Musa (Moses), Harun (Aaron), Dawood (David), Suleyman (Solomon), Ayub (Job), Ilyas (Elias), Zulkifl (Ezekiel), Al-Yasa (Elisha), Yunus (Jonah), Zakariya (Zechariah), Yahya (John the Baptist), Isa (Jesus) and upto the final prophet Muhammad (PEACE be UPON ALL of THEM)

---> The problem here is that the Christians will not believe in whatever Quran says SO lets see what the famous western non-Muslim writers and historians have to say about Prophet Muhammad:

PROOF #1:
        Michael H. Hart, a Jewish American astrophysicist, astronomer, mathematician wrote a book "The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History" in 1978. He goes on to search the most influential 100 men on the face of earth from Adam (PBUH) to the current time. What mainly surprised readers in his book was the first person on Hart's list. He decided to choose Muhammad over Jesus or Moses (PBUT). He writes:

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels."

PROOF #2:
        Sir George Bernard Shaw was an Irish playwright, journalist, who was the first person to have been awarded both a Nobel Prize for Literature (1925) and an Oscar (1938), for his contributions to literature and for his work on the film Pygmalion. Sir George Bernard Shaw in "The Genuine Islam", Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936 writes:

"If any religion had the chance of ruling over England, nay Europe within the next hundred years, it could be Islam."

“I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion for from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Savior of Humanity."

"I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today.”

PROOF #3:
        Alphonse de Lamartine, a French writer, poet and politician in his book "Lamartine Histoire de la Turquie (1854)", Vol. 11, pp. 276-77 writes:

"If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modem history with Muhammad?

"He was a Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images; the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?"

PROOF #4:
        Dr. Jules H. Masserman, a psychiatrist and psychoanalyst who was a former president of the American Psychiatric Association and a Professor of History and Psychoanalyst and former member of the Northwestern University medical school faculty writes in one of his articles:

"Leaders must fulfill three functions: provide for the well-being of the led, provide a social organization in which people feel relatively secure, provide them with one set of beliefs. People like Pasteur and Salk are leaders in the first sense. People like Gandhi and Confucius, on one hand, and Alexander, Caesar and Hitler on the other, are leaders in the second and perhaps the third sense. Jesus and Buddha belong in the third category alone. Perhaps the greatest leader of all times was Muhammad, who combined all three functions. To a lesser degree, Moses did the same."

PROOF #5:
        Reverend Bosworth Smith in his book "Mohammad and Mohammadanism", London, 1874, p. 92 writes:

"Head of the State as well as the Church, he was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pop without Pope's pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammad, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports.:

"The noble founder of a nation, an empire and a religion. The unlettered one bestowed upon the world the Book which is a miracle, the eternal miracle and the true miracle."

"By a fortune absolutely unique in history, Mohammed is a threefold founder of a nation, of an empire, and of a religion."

PROOF #6:
        K. S. Ramakrishna Rao, an Indian Hindu Professor and Head of the department of Philosophy, Government Maharani Arts College for Women University of Mysore, India in his book "Muhammad: The Prophet of Islam" calls Muhammad "The perfect model for human life" writes:

"The personality of Muhammad, it is most difficult to get into the whole truth of it. Only a glimpse of it I can catch. What a dramatic succession of picturesque scenes! There is Muhammad, the Prophet; there is Muhammad, the Warrior; Muhammad, the Businessman; Muhammad, the Statesman; Muhammad, the Orator; Muhammad, the Reformer; Muhammad, the Refuge of Orphans; Muhammad, the Protector of Slaves; Muhammad, the Emancipator of Women; Muhammad, the Judge; Muhammad, the Saint. All in all these magnificent roles, in all these departments of human activities, he is like a hero."

PROOF #7:
        Sir Thomas Carlyle, a Scottish satirical writer, essayist, historian and teacher in his book "Heroes and Hero Worship and the Heroic in History", 1840 p. 43 &44, Nebraska Press (1966) writes:

"I like Muhammad for his hypocrisy-free nature....with clear and sound words he addresses the Roman Tsars and Kings of Persia. He guides them to what he loves for them in this life and in the eternal life."

" Our current hypothesis about Muhammad, that he was a scheming Impostor, a Falsehood incarnate, that his religion is a mere mass of quackery and fatuity, begins really to be now untenable to anyone. The lies, which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man, are disgraceful to ourselves only... It is really time to dismiss all that."The word of Mohammad is a voice direct from nature's own heart - all else is wind in comparison."

“A man of truth and fidelity, true in what he did, in what he spake and thought—this is the only sort of speech worth speaking.”

"A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world, the world’s Maker had ordered so."

PROOF #8:
        Will Durant , a prolific American writer, historian, philosopher, awarded the Pulitzer Prize for General Non-Fiction in 1968 and the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1977 writes:

"If we rated the greatness by the influence of the great on people we will say....Muhammad is the greatest of the great in history."

PROOF #9:
        Gustav Lobon, a great French historian in his book "Arab Civilization", p.127-128-129 writes:

“Islam did not spread by the sword, but only by preaching. Only by that was it embraced by the people who defeated the Arabs recently, such as Turks and Mongols. The Qur’an reached India; the place where Arabs were only passers-by.... and it wasn’t any less spread in China in which Arabs conquered no land."

"Muhammad is the greatest man that history ever knew."

PROOF #10:
        Gyanandra Dev Sharma, a Hindu Pandit at a meeting in Gorakhpur (India), 1928 said:

"They (Muhammad's critics) see fire instead of Light, Ugliness instead of Good. They distort and present every good quality as a Great Vice. It reflects on their own depravity...The critics are Blind. They cannot see that the only 'sword' Mohammed wielded was the sword of Mercy, Passion, Friendship and Forgiveness - The Sword that conquers enemies and purifies their hearts. His Sword was sharper than the sword of Steel."

PROOF #11:
        A non-Muslim Sikh journalist in 'Nawan Hindustan': Delhi, 17 November 1947 writes:

He (Muhammad) preferred migration to fighting his own people, but when oppression went beyond the pale of tolerance he took up his sword in self-defense. Those who believe religion can be spread by force are fools who neither know the ways of religion nor the ways of the world. They are proud of this belief because they are a long...long way away from the truth.

PROOF #12:
        Annie Besant, a prominent theosophist, woman's rights activist, writer and orator in his book "The life and teachings of Muhammad", Madras, 1932, p. 4 writes:

"It is impossible for anyone who studies the life and character of the great Prophet of Arabia, who knows how he taught and how he lived, to feel anything but reverence for that mighty Prophet, one of the great messengers of the Supreme. And although in what I put to you I shall say many things which may be familiar to many, yet I myself feel whenever I re-read them, a new way of admiration, a new sense of reverence for that mighty Arabian teacher."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mN__rSN0rI

I can go on and on and on...... I hope 1 Dozen proofs will be enough for now.

Ahmad.
          were is the proof you say you have you only given  a group of unrelated prople who may or may not have said what you say.
          PROOF accepted will be word of God.

skipper

1. Ahmad Usman profile image68

I have given the names of the books + Page Numbers. Just buy the books and check it or Go Online on Google Books.

skipper Go and Read "Gospels of Barnabas". According to Bible, St Barnabas was one of the earliest Christian disciple and he is named an apostle in the Bible in Acts 14:14.

ACTS 12: 25
            "And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when
            they had fulfilled their ministry, and took with them John,
            whose surname was Mark."

ACTS 13: 1 and 2
            "Now there was in the church that was at Antioch certain
            prophets and teachers, as Barnabas, and Simeon, that was
            called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had
            been brought up with Herod the tetrach, and Saul.
            "As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy
            Ghost said: Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work
            whereunto I have called them.

Just find the name "Muhammad" in the Gospels of Barnabas and you will be amazed. Just follow the link:

http://www.barnabas.net/chapter_index.htm

Sorry Ahmad the so called Gospel of Barnabas is discreaited and was written 1500 years later and cannot be proven in any way by learnerd , scolars the only religion that belives this is Islam, to learned people it is just not worth the paper it is written on. therefore usless, kaput not worthy of a read. pure FICTION. That must be why Ahmad belives it. So sad Ahmad, gee get a life. Find a new vacation mate you are blowing this one. Excuse spelling it's after 1:15 am I need sleep.

This book is NO PROOF of anything and belongs on a nial to be used as toilit papper.

skipper.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61

skipper - you win this one.  All the literary quotes are still just someone's opinion.  You could refrain from insulting and non-productive inuendo, though.  Regarding the Gospels of Barnabas, I would give them as much or as little credit as the other gospels which were chosen to be part of the Bible.

2. profile image48
      Sword of Fireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Muhammad was dis-integrtaed atop Mt. Moriah. Wrong place, wrong time.

2. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

There's more physical proof that Mohammad actually existed.  Mohammad was visited by archangel, Garbriel (his old job was a Roman pagen god and he used the alias. Mercury) and was given the Koran and Islam was invented. I personally don't believe that Mohammad was a profit, a matter of fact I don't believe that there is such thing. The only comparison between the two is that a branch of Judism was created from their teachings.

there is no proof that Mohammed was visited by Gabriel, Mohammed had visions of a angel visiting him ( stated by Mohammed) Mohammed memorised the Quran told others that memerised what Mohammed said was in his vision then many years after Mohammed's death  the Quran was written down from memory of many with no mistakes,big job with out making a mistake, I belive over many years that is not possiable, I belive Mohammeds words were changed.
      .Were is it written that Gabriel was the old pagen God Mercury??

I do agree with you that Mohammed was not a prophet,for the simple reason God always visited his prophets in person ( e.g. Moses and ther burning bush) God never visited Mohammed, and the ( quoted angel was not from God I belive) even if the 'angel' was from God it still proves Mohammed was no prophet, Mohammed only got a angel not God., the Father in person. Which proves to me Mohammed did not meet the the test of being a Prophet.

In terms of physical proof of their existence they are just about equal.

Good point beelzedad, but it was written that Mohammeds wife was with Mohammed one time when Mohammed was suposed to get a visit from a 'angel' Mohammeds wife could not see the 'angel' and the 'angel' only left when Mohammed's wife showed her 'private parts' so after reading that I honestly belive that was NOT  a Angel of God, at least not my God.but you do bring up a good point, thank you for that.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I personally don't believe that Mohammad was visited by an angle which I should of made clear. Why is there a need for a prophet to begin with? Wouldn't you think that if God had something important to say, he'd tell everyone at once? Why recieve a divine message second hand? Remember the game, "telephone" where you tell one person a sentence and it gets told down the line and by the time it reaches the last person the sentences is so screwed up that it doesn't resemble ehat was origionaly said?

I agree old Army joke, message sent word of mouth back to headquaters. " send reinforcement's we are going to advance' headquaters recieved after hundreds of people repeated this " send three and forepence we are going to a dance' and that my friend is why we must write things down we can never trust verbal.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61

skipper - with respect, you cannot know that "God always visited His prophets in person."  The Bible was also written from memory many years after the fact.  As a Catholic, you may or may not believe the Book of Revelation.  Dream written from memory?  What say you?

First of all your are absolutely right that Muhammad was not a profit BUT prophet.

Now the whole story narrated by Aisha (peace be upon her) in Sahih Al-Bukhari:

"The commencement of the Divine Inspiration of Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright daylight, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continually for many days before wishing to see his family. He used to take with him provisions for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadeejah to eat his food again as before.

One day suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet (peace be upon him) replied, "I do not know how to read." The Prophet (peace be upon him) added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, "I do not know how to read." Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time until I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, "I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?" Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, "Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists), created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous.'"(96):1-3.

Then Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) returned with the Inspiration and with his heart trembling. He went to Khadeejah the daughter of Khuwaylid (his wife) and said, "Cover me!" She covered him until his fear subsided. After that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadeejah replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving people afflicted with calamities."

Khadeejah then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqah ibn Nawfal ibn Asad ibn AbdulUzza, who, during the pre-Islamic period became a Christian and used to write in the Hebrew alphabet. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight.

Khadeejah said to Waraqah, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqah asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described that which he had seen. Waraqah said, "This is the one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live until the time when your people will turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqah replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to that which you have brought was greeted with hostility; and if I remain alive until the day when you will be turned out then I should support you strongly."

But after a few days Waraqah died.

3. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "A messenger will come after me, named Ahmad."
    [Noble Quran 61:6]

Bible does not confirm this at all.

600 yrs previously to the quran this is in the bible.

Galatians 1:8   But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

let mohammed be accursed.
    absolutely

I agree if you belive the Quran, then God changed his mind, I do not think so.

If I belive that is was in fact the Angel Gabrial that 'spoke ' to Mohammed I first must belive either Gabrial was lying or God was lying, as I belive God never lies , so the angel who visited Mohammed was not from God.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What amuses me is that Moslems say Muhammed was the last prophet who recieved the final word from God on the basis that he was the last great prophet to hear God's revelation from an angel. Therefore Islam supercedes all other revelations.

Mmm. On that basis Mormonism is the last and final word of God, because that same angel came to see Joseph Smith much later than Mohammed. And with a completely different message!!!

So to all Moslems reading this, by your argument, Mormonism is the only true religion, and you've been well and truley Top Trumped.

Of course we could just refer back to Galations 1:8, and save ourselves a pointless argument.

nice point mate, let Islam get out of that one.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image77
          DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lets see here.. Muslims believe that the Prophet Muhammad was visited by the Angel Gabriel and was told what to say and that was transcribed into the Qu'ran. The Mormons believe the the Prophet Josepg Smith was visited by the Angel Moroni and was instructed how to decipher the golden plates and then transcribed into the Book of Mormon...Both Prophets were considered illiteriate.

Now lets look at Moses and who he talked to...Act 7:29-30 reads:" 29:Then fled Moses at this saying, and was a stranger in the land of Madian, where he begat two sons.30: And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.

So unless you are of a Jewish faith. Most Christians claim that they are no longer under the law which is why I used the NT version of the story of Moses...

Seems to me that all of these Prophets received their "instructions from god" via Angels...

2. Son Of Hamza profile image36
        Son Of Hamzaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

find the original bible and then search  that
        you have more than a a bible . which one is from god ?

we have only one quran

the quran in SA is the same in
        Egypt
        USA
        UAE
        Pak
        Indonesia
        India
        Spain

the quraan is only one

you only have one Quran, we have one Bible.

But please explain why Mohammed only had a visit from ( so called angel Gaberial) when all the TRUE  propherts were visited by God IN PERSON,  makes me think Mohammed was not a prophet.

Explain how God and the Angel Gabrial changed their mind, between the Holy Bible and the Quran, after all God is suposed to have changed everything.?

Explain how the Angel Gabeial lied to Mohammed, Again changed mind.?

Explain how every verse in Quran is supossed to be signed to prove it's contents, when Mohammed could not read or write, and Quran written after Mohammeds death, then the Quran must be only 'HEARSAY" .

Look up HEARSAY the Quran is pure HEARSAY.

My Bible has not changed I am Catholic and The Catholic Bible is the same as it always has been.

How can the Quran be the same in non arabic speaking countries, as the Quran cannot be translated from Arabic, as we cannot understand arabic  we cannot under the way the Quran is written,so states Islam.

Why do you have to be told after you learn the Quran what it means, we do not have to be told what the Bible Means it is writted there for all to see.?

I notice you have verry little knowledge of the Bible to make the claims you do, might I sugest you read the Bible with a oppen mind, unless you are in a Islamic country were even haveing a bible may get you killed, why is Islam scared of the Bible.?

If I wanted to change to Islam there is nothing stopping me, but if you wanted to change to follow Christ, it will get you bashed, or killed so much for Mohammed, and Allah being full of MERCY or LOVE, no Allah is only full of HATE, that is why you can only follow Islam even if you had seen the light you follow Islam or die in most Islamic countries.

1. libby101a profile image60
            libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree Skipper!

thanks Libby hope you are yours are well. God bless

2. Son Of Hamza profile image36
            Son Of Hamzaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why Mohammed only had a visit from ( so called angel Gaberial) when all the TRUE  prophets were visited by God IN PERSON,  makes me think Mohammed was not a prophet.

All prophets have been visited by Gabriel including Mohamed , Jesus , and Moses  Jesus    was Not god or son of god he was human prophet and son  of Virgin Mary had no father spoke when he was baby .
            ........................................................................................................................................
            Explain how God and the Angel Gabrial changed their mind, between the Holy Bible and the Quran, after all God is supposed to have changed everything.?

God never changed his mind  find the original bible and you will never find any contradiction between the bible and the quraan
            because they all come from The same god
            But the question is which bible is the original ? which one truly came from god
            ................................................................................................................................
            Explain how the Angel Gabriel lied to Mohammed, Again changed mind.?

how  ? I DON'T UNDERSTAND your question Sir
            how could Gabriel lie to Mohammad ? and why ?
            also angels cant lie as you know
            ..................................................................................................................................
            Explain how every verse in Quran is supossed to be signed to prove it's contents, when Mohammed could not read or write, and Quran written after Mohammeds death, then the Quran must be only 'HEARSAY" .

yes Mohammed didn't know how to read or write and the quraan was written when he was alive by his friends who know how to write
            they the word of god form him and then they wrote it
            .................................................................................................................................
            Look up HEARSAY the Quran is pure HEARSAY

I totally refuse any disrespect to the quraan
            I RESPECT YOU
            I RESPECT Jesus
            I RESPECT Mary
            I RESPECT bible
            I RESPECT THE RELIGION OF Christians

SO PLZ RESPECT MY religion and book
            thx
            ...............................................................................................................................
            My Bible has not changed I am Catholic and The Catholic Bible is the same as it always has been.

Actually as I know
            there are a number of versions to the Bible. There are 8 primary versions found in history:

Septuagint - 250 A.D. Written in Greek
            Vulgate- 400 A.D. First version of the Bible which is canonized at the Council of Carthage in 400 A.D. Written in Latin
            Luther's German Bible- 1534 A.D.
            King James Version- 1611 A.D. This is the most widely used versions however it has large number of errors given that none of the writers had a decent understanding of Hebrew.
            Revised Standard Version- 1952 A.D. Literal translation into American English which used the earliest possible text
            New International Version- 1960's & 70's A.D. This is a very good contemporary English version
            The Young's Literal Translation is as close to the originals as you can get, translated by Robert Young in 1898 A.D.

also a bible for kids 

http://www.thebiblesource.com/categories.php?c=9
            ...............................................................................................................................
            How can the Quran be the same in non Arabic speaking countries, as the Quran cannot be translated from Arabic, as we cannot understand Arabic  we cannot under the way the Quran is written,so states Islam.

check this you may understand the problem about translating quraan

http://www.ahl-alquran.com/English/show … ain_id=733

..................................................................................................................................
            Why do you have to be told after you learn the Quran what it means, we do not have to be told what the Bible Means it is written there for all to see.?

to read does not always mean you understand sometimes you need some specialist  to explain  which helps you for better understanding
            its not that what you think
            I notice you have verry little knowledge of the Bible to make the claims you do, might I sugest you read the Bible with a oppen mind, unless you are in a Islamic country were even haveing a bible may get you killed, why is Islam scared of the Bible.?

yes I live in Islamic country
            I live in Egypt
            do you know how many Christians live in Egypt ?
            they are 8 millions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Egypt

Nothing is banned here in egypt
            Islam respect Christianity why do you think that Egypt might put restrictions against Christians or bibles  ?
            Please take your information about Islam and Muslims from a trusted source and say enough to media delusion

Islam isn't scared of the bible
            ISLAM ACCEPTS  the bible and Jesus with love
            ..............................................................................................................................

this is also not true
            Allah my god is the same god Christians worship
            every arab christian call his god Allah the same like Muslims do

I believe in Jesus and Mohammad But I FOLLOW Mohammed 
            Both Jesus and Mohammed are brothers in faith

actually
            when a christian converts to Islam in  Egypt he may be killed by his family or even by the church and that's true I LIVE HERE AND that really happen
            for instant :

http://www.kamiliashehata.com/

Kamilia shehata who was kidnapped by the church after she announced conversion to Islam

I UNDERSTAND this is true christian behavior

.............................................................................................................................
            I welcome all your questions with all respect

Then, it is obvious that Muhammad could never have known that his words are the words written in the Quran if he couldn't read it to confirm. smile

1. Rishy Rich profile image74
                Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very good point Blzdad

Prophet Muhammad is mentioned in the Bible MANY MANY times. In the OT, he is mentioned by name "Muhammad". Go and ask Rabbis.

---> Prophet Muhammad in Isaiah:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the UNLETTERED Prophet whom they find written in the Torah and the Gospel with them. He enjoins upon them that which is right and forbids for them that which is evil. He makes lawful for them all things that are good and prohibits for them all that is foul and he relieves them from their burden and the fetters that they used to wear. Then those who believe in him, honor him, assist him, and follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful." (Qur'an 7:157)

Now Read what (Isaiah 29:11-18) says:

"And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not LEARNED, saying, Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I am not LEARNED............."

---> BACKGROUND:
      Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was illiterate. His entire life he never learned to read nor write. The exact circumstances of this first revelation were as follows: It was the habit of Muhammad (PBUH) to frequently remove himself from the midst of his fellow Arabs and their heathenistic actions and spend many days secluded in the cave of "Hiraa" in the mountains of Makkah where he would pray to God according to the religion of Abraham (peace be upon him). After many years of this, and having reached the age of forty (610AD), the angel Gabriel suddenly appeared before him and ordered him to "Iqra!" (read, recite, repeat, proclaim). Muhammad (peace be upon him), in his terror thought he was being asked to read, so he stammered: "I am unlettered." The angel Gabriel again ordered him to "Iqra!" Muhammad (peace be upon him) again replied: "I am unlettered." The angel Gabriel now took a firm hold of him and commanded him "Iqraa in the name of Allah who created!". Now Muhammad (peace be upon him) began to understand that he was not being asked to read, but to recite, to repeat. He began to repeat after him, and Gabriel revealed to him the first verses of the Qur'an:

"Read (Iqra)! In the name of your Lord who created,
      Created man from a clot.
      Read (Iqra)! And your Lord is the Most Bounteous,
      Who teaches by the pen,
      Teaches man that which he knew not."
      (Qur'an 96:1-5)

As mentioned above, the actual word angel Gabriel used to address Muhammad (PBUH) was the Arabic word "Iqra." It is derived from the Arabic root word "qara". However, if we were to go back to the original Hebrew form of the verses of Isaiah 29:11, we would find that the actual word which is translated into English as "Read this [I pray thee]" is the Hebrew word qara', {kaw-raw'}. Is it not an amazing coincidence that the Hebrew text used not only a word with the same meaning, but the exact same word itself ?

3. Ahmad Usman profile image68

Gospels of Baranabas confirms it.

Jesus answered: "The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendour. God said: 'Wait Mohammed; for thy sake I will to create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make thee a present, insomuch that whoso bless thee shall be blessed, and whoso shall curse thee shall be accursed. When I shall send thee into the world I shall send thee as my messenger of salvation, and thy word shall be true, insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail, but thy faith shall never fail.' Mohammed is his blessed name." Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: "O God, send us thy messenger: O Admirable One, come quickly for the salvation of the world!"
      (Barnabas 97:9-10)

1. couturepopcafe profile image61

This is very interesting.  I will research more.  It's possible that this book was not included by the Roman priest (Catholic) collectors of the books which now comprise the Christian Bible because it seems to contradict the identity of the Messiah.  Perhaps they were, in fact, two different people.  Jesus, the Messiah; Mohammed, a prophet, who according to this book, was visited by God.  Adam/Mohammed?  If God named Jesus - the Messiah - in the soul but He did not appear on Earth for thousands of years, perhaps the same is true for the Prophet Mohammed.  He did not appear until God's timing intended.  Oh, and skipper, I am a very learned person so bringing that up as an argument will be, as you say, null and void.  wink

4. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Son Of Hamza  wrote  ....
       why Mohammed only had a visit from ( so called angel Gaberial) when all the TRUE  prophets were visited by God IN PERSON,  makes me think Mohammed was not a prophet.
    ========================================

When all is said and dune ? 

It doesn't matter who did or didn't visit someone else ...
             What  matters is
         Who were we visited by?

good nite yaul !

Gaberial speaks different to Mary than to Mohammed, if he   told  the truth to Mary then he lied to Mohammed, because I do not think God changed his mind.Who got the true message??

TRUE prophets are visited by God not a angel, Mohammed was the only ( so called ) Prophet that only got a angel NOT God, explain why Mohammed did not deserve a visit from God??

Please how can you respect the Bible, Jesus or Mary, Jesus was NEVER a prophet, Jesus was son of God. And Jesus did die on the cross Allah NEVER saved Jesus. PERIOD.

The gospels preach peace, and the LOVE of my Lord Jesus Christ. Please show me were in the Quran it says Allah loves you, I cannot find it.

I do not disrepect the Quran, but I do disrepect  followers of Islan that engage in world wide terrorisim, and say the Quran justifies there acts of Terrorisim.
      Mohammed hated any form of Goverment that was not Sihria Law. Prove me wrong?

Mohammed engaged in war to make people follow Islam, he started with the Meccans and he fourght many other tribes, how is this loveing or fair?

So Sir as a christian I belive Mohammed and Allah give you a verry wrong view of Jesus's death, Allah could never save Jesus (the son of God) from his death on the cross,The Islamic  Allah did not have that much power.

Islam gives a wrong view of the Angel Gaberial , I belive Gaberial NEVER visited Mohammed. Mohammed migh have had a 'vision' of a 'angel' but I belive it was not from God nor was it Gaberial PERIOD.

Guess this is too hard to answer for Son of Hamza?????

5. profile image53
    Nomoreposted 13 years ago

Seems like it boils down to comparing a scholarly paranoid schizophrenic to an illiterate psychotic schizophrenic. They both simply tried to sell their "vision" of the universe to the world, one through kindness and one through intimidation. Weren't they even about the same age when they went off their nut? What evidence is there that they or any of the previous lunatics in their line were "true" prophets? I'll believe in Christ or Muhammad when one of them, BY NAME, predicts a winning lottery number through me.

6. Rishy Rich profile image74
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Its hard to compare these two figures since we can't be certain about the facts about Jesus. Historically, the achievements of Muhammad is far more greater than that of Jesus. I am not sure about angels visiting him, but I am certain he was a great leader & politician whose every move can be explained with logic. On the contrary, Mythically & spiritually, Jesus might hold a better status forever. Christian POV: Since God has done Vasectomy, it is unlikely to see him having more Sons in the future .

From a mythical POV: Jesus holds a higher position being the only Son of God. & as it seems God is unlikely to have more Children in the future, theres no possible way that any other human can take the same DIVINE statues of Jesus.

From a factual POV: Muhammad obviously hold a higher position. Lets see why -

1. Muhammad was a success in his life. He achieved whatever he wanted to achieve while Jesus can be considered a loser who died a terrible death.

2. Muhammad united most of the Arab & formed a united nation which started to threaten the known world powers such as Byzantines & Persia, while Jesus could not manage to have more than 500 followers in his life time.

3. Muhammad was a brilliant strategist, a successful politician who managed to device a well structured economy among the uneducated barber tribes of Arab while Jesus could not even manage to convince his educated fellow Romans.

4. Within 100 years after the death of the Muhammad, the Muslim world conquered all of middle east & many parts of Europe, forming the Giant Caliphate of Islamic empire. This Islamic civilization reached at its pinnacle around 11th to 12th century. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & all known forms of scientific knowledge were cultured & modified by them at that time. They were the USA, Japan & Germany of that age. On the contrary, Jesus has no such contribution to forming a nation of power or knowledge.

1. Ahmad Usman profile image68

Rishy Rich

1. Jesus Christ was not a LOSER and he NEVER died a terrible death. Please AVOID bad words.

That they (Jews) said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of God"; but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not: Nay, God raised him up unto the himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise. (Qur'an 4:157-158)

2. As Jesus was sent to the Israelites so it was normal because Jews always dis-respected prophets and God sent almost all the previous prophets to the Jews.

3 and 4.....AGREE.

====> I would like to give my point of view here:

Read this noble verse of the Quran:

Say ye: "We believe in God, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We MAKE NO DIFFERENCE between one and another of them: And we bow to God (in Islam)." (Quran 2:136)

Now Read what Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said when asked about who is the Greatest/Superior/Honorable Man:

Narrated Ibn Umar:

The Prophet said, "The honorable is the son of the honorable, the son the honorable, the son of the honorable i.e. Joseph, the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham."

[Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 596]

So in Islam, all the Prophets are equal.

Ahmed,
        Jesus Christ did die on the cross, Allah never saved him, Allah cannot save God, son of god, Jesus Allah has no power to do so.

Jesus was son of the Father, part of the Holy Trinity  ( as a Muslim ) that concept is beyond your closed thinking.

Please accept the fact that your Allah could never save Jesus, never in a 10000000 lifetimes.

I know it would make the Quran look good if Allah had that power sadly he hasent.

If you belive in the Old Testerment why was the Quran invented. Christians have Jesus and the Gosples, Jews have the Torah and God, and the Arabs had nothing , I belive that the Quran was invented for the Arabs to try and enslave the world under 'Siria" law.

But the arabs have been trying to remove the Jews from there HOMELAND since 1948 when do you think you might suceed, after all the Jews keep winning. Is it because God is on there side, and God is stronger than Allah.?

Skipper,
        may your God walk with you

Kinda like how others understand the Resurrection was invented to enslave the world under Christianity?  smile

7. Rishy Rich profile image74
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Ahmed:

Factually Jesus did not achieve anything during his lifetime. Thats what evidence shows. He did die a painful death. Thats what most authentic sources prove. Truth hurts, but it is not considered a 'bad word' when used. Sorry to say but Your claims about Jesus are baseless & no better than any fancy conspiracy theories.

Furthermore, how can all prophets be equal in Islam when it has given Muhammad 'The Greatest of all the prophets' title?

Rishy,

You present a factual post, you know Jesus died on the cross , I agree Ahmad's claims are baseless, like you I do not understand why Muslims try to exault Jesus and Mary, Mohammed was visited by  ( so Mohammed claims) the Angel Gaberial, who gave a different message  from God, than to Mary  so God is supposed to have changed his mind 100% or Gabrial lied to Mohammed or Mary . Then God gives a 100% different virsion again to Joseph Smith,from God  through Gabrial, now someone is lieing, and I belive God never lies. So we have 2 self appointed prophets, the Mother of Jesus, and the Angel Gabrial who is supposed to be a lier, as I have stated before a true prophet like Moses get's a visit from God himself ( the burning bush)  prophets do not get a Angel. So I do not belive Mohammed or Joseph smith saw a Angel, although Joseph Smith has 11 witnesses Mohammed had non on that basis Joseph Smith recieved the last message from God and not Mohammed.

skipper

1. Rishy Rich profile image74
        Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I understand your point. But you have to keep in mind that even the God of Moses fails to resemble the God of Jesus. The God of old testament was more violent, brutal & only chose the Israelites among humans, while the God of Jesus was much softer & loving & decided to care for the whole world. Does this two God is the same? Based on their actions & characters, it is hard to accept these two Gods as the same God.

Where is the problem then?

Either Jesus & Moses had promoted different Gods at that time or their teachings have been distorted overtime. The same thing applies to Muhammad. The Jews did not accept Jesus as the prophesized messiah but his legend lives till today. Exactly the same way, the Christians nor the Jews accept Muhammad as a prophet but day by day people are learning about him & Islam has turned out to be the second largest religion of this world.

Rishy,
          I do not have any problems. As a Christian I belive in My Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Bible, that is it simple.

I do not belive that Mohammed and Jesus can be compared, I belive Jesus is God, I have trouble accepting that Mohammed was a prophert.

If Mary and Mohammed both recieved a visit from Gabrial, and got different messages then I must belive Gaberial lied. I'm afraid I do not accept the teachings of Mohammed, I do not accept Allah as my God, to me Islam is so violent, Islam treats woman with disrepect, Islam is alowed to lie and cheat to non belivers, and by stating my disbelife about Islam  some zelot from Islam is allowed to kill me. Also I belive who ever put Jesus and Mary in the Quran did it to try and make Islam cover everything in the Bible OT and NT..

Also there are many Jews to day that accept Jesus.

Skipper,

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)