St Barnabas (Apostle & Disciple of Jesus) Mentions "Muhammad" 15 times

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (55 posts)
  1. Ahmad Usman profile image68
    Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years ago

===> Saint Barnabas & the Bible:

Among the disciples of Jesus, Barnabas was a dynamic evangelist. He was a Jew from the tribe of Levite and was one of the earliest Christian disciples and convert to Christianity (Acts 4:36) & (Acts 13:1). Paul also became a preacher, with the difference that Paul began to over-praise and deify Jesus.

"And straightaway he (Paul) preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the son of God." (Acts 9:20)

"And when Saul (Paul) was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples, but they (disciples) were all afraid of him (Paul) and believed not that he (Paul) was a disciple. But Barnabas took him and, brought him to the Apostles." (Acts 9:26-27)

Paul describing Barnabas as:

" . . . . Barnabas, touching whom ye received commandments (commandments of Jesus); if he comes unto you, receive him." (Colossians 4:10)

Barnabas is again very well admired in the following Verse:

"For God who was at work in the ministry of Peter as an apostle to the Jews, was also at work in my ministry as an apostle to the Gentiles.  James, Peter, and John, those reputed to be pillars, gave me [Paul] and Barnabas the right hand to fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me.  They agreed that we (Paul and Barnabas) should go to the Gentiles, and they to the Jews." (Galatians 2:8-9)

"Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the Church which was in Jerusalem; and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch..........." (Acts 11:22-30)

Since Christians believe in Paul, John, Mark and Matthew as Prophets of GOD, then they should also consider Barnabas as a Prophet too and we really should take his Gospel very seriously and consider it too, the inspired word of GOD. 

===> Gospel of Barnabas:

---> Then God gave his soul to man, while all the holy angels sang: "Blessed be your holy name, O God our Lord." Adam, having sprung upon his feet, saw in the air a writing that shone like the sun, which said: "There is only one God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God."

Whereupon Adam opened his mouth and said: "I thank you, O Lord my God, that you have deigned to create me; but tell me. I pray you, what means the message of these words: "Muhammad is Messenger of God. Have there been other men before me?" (Barnabas 39:3)

Then said God: "Be you welcome, O my servant Adam. I tell you that you are the first man whom I have created. And he whom you have seen [mentioned] is your son, who shall come into the world many years hence, and shall be my Messenger, for whom I have created all things; who shall give light to the world when he shall come; whose soul was set in a celestial splendour; sixty thousand years before I made any thing." (Barnabas 39:4)

Adam besought God, saying: "Lord, grant me this writing upon the nails of the fingers of my hands." Then God gave to the first man upon his thumbs that writing; upon the thumb-nail of the right hand it said: "There is only one God;" and upon the thumb-nail of the left it said: "Muhammad is Messenger of God." Then with fatherly affection the first man kissed those words, and rubbed his eyes, and said: "Blessed be that day when you shall come to the world." (Barnabas 39:5)

---> God hid himself [from Adam and Eve], and the angel Michael drove them forth from paradise. Then, Adam, turning around, saw written above the gate, There is only one God, and Muhammad is Messenger of God. Weeping, he said: 'May it be pleasing to God, O my son, that you come quickly and draw us out of misery.'

And thus," said Jesus, "Satan and Adam sinned through pride, the one by despising man, the other by wishing to make himself equal with God."
    (Barnabas 41:14-15)

---> O blessed time, when he shall come to the world! Believe me that I have seen him and have done him reverence, even as every prophet has seen him: seeing that of his spirit God gives to them prophecy. And when I saw him my soul was filled with consolation, saying: "O Muhammad; God be with you, and may he make me worthy to untie, your shoelatchet;, for obtaining this I shall be a great prophet and holy one of God."

And having said this, Jesus rendered his thanks to God.
    (Barnabas 44:6-7)

---> Jesus answered: "The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendour. God said: 'Wait Mohammed; for thy sake I will to create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make thee a present, insomuch that who so bless thee shall be blessed, and whoso shall curse thee shall be accursed. When I shall send thee into the world I shall send thee as my messenger of salvation, and thy word shall be true, insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail, but thy faith shall never fail.' Mohammed is his blessed name." Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: "O God, send us thy messenger: O Admirable One, come quickly for the salvation of the world!" (Barnabas 97:9-10)

---> "....Know, O Barnabas, that for this I must have great persecution, and shall be sold by one of my disciples for thirty pieces of money. Whereupon I am sure that he who shall sell me shall be slain in my name, for that God shall take me up from the earth, and shall change the appearance of the traitor so that every one shall believe him to be me; nevertheless, when he dies an evil death, I shall abide in that dishonour for a long time in the world. But when Muhammad shall come, the sacred Messenger of God, that infamy shall be taken away. And this shall God do because I have confessed the truth of the Messiah who shall give me this reward, that I shall be known to be alive and to be a stranger to that death of infamy." (Barnabas 112:4)

---> The disciples answered, "O Master, who shall that man be of whom you speak, who shall come into the world?"

Jesus answered with joy of heart:
    'He is Muhammad; Messenger of God, and when he comes into the world, even as the rain makes the earth to bear fruit when for a long time it has not rained, even so shall he be occasion of good works among men, through the abundant mercy which he shall bring. For he is a white cloud full of the mercy of God, which mercy God shall sprinkle upon the faithful like rain.' (Barnabas 163:3-4)

---> Jesus answered: 'Believe me, Barnabas, that every sin, however small it be, God punishes with great punishment, seeing that God is offended at sin. Wherefore, since my mother and my faithful disciples that were with me loved me a little with earthly love, the righteous God has willed to punish this love with the present grief, in order that it may not be punished in the flames of hell. And though I have been innocent in the world, since men have called me "God," and "Son of God," God, in order that I be not mocked of the demons on the day of judgment, has willed that I be mocked of men in this world by the death of Judas;, making all men to believe that I died upon the cross. And this mocking shall continue until the advent of Muhammad;, the Messenger of God, who, when he shall come, shall reveal this deception to those who believe in God's Law.

Having thus spoken, Jesus said: 'You are just, O Lord our God, because to you only belongs honour and glory without end.' (Barnabas 220:8-9)

I have quoted only a few verses from the Gospel of Barnabas and I recommend all sincere Christians to read the Gospel at the links below. Both sites are Independent sites.

Gospel of Barnabas can be read at:
    http://www.barnabas.net/chapter_index.htm
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/gbar/

Buy the book from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de … mp;s=books

1. profile image50
      crusader112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahmad,

As there is NO 'gospel' of Barnabus in the Holy Bible, it means nothing,  it is not worthy of reading by any Christian.

You as a muslim might try to make this 'so called' gospel real, it suit your attempt to discredit the Holy Bible,  but as a Christian, I can see through your poor attempt.

Thank you for your poor attempt, to any Christian this is just rubbish.

If you want to belive this, go ahead.  But I think even mainstream Islam would be unable to prove this Gospel was true, so you have NO HOPE of proving this fairy story TRUE.

crusader 112

1. profile image50

is a Islamic Gospel, because it is not a CHRISTIAN Gospel, NEVER was and NEVER will be, Guess it is another poor attempt to let   Islam,  try and prove false Gospels.

2. Jaymeyaroch profile image60
        Jaymeyarochposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the Christian gospel had a few other books (eight to be precise).  They are included in the Catholic Bible, in some translations.  Yes, Catholics are indeed Christians.

2. libby101a profile image61
      libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is all hogwash! It's funny how one will try their best to uphold Muhammad and give him credit through the Bible! Why not allow Muhammad to stand good for his own work! Oh wait--you can't do that! He could perform NO miracles like the other Holy prophets called by God! He was a warmonger! He stole booty! Hmm... Well his own credits show that he was no true prophet of God! So, why on earth would he be mentioned in the canon??? Oh--- he wasn't! Nice try!

Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to hubpages team for the reinstatement of my account and allowing me to respond to the barrage of criticism.

---> Since Christians don't believe in Quran, thats why i have to QUOTE Bible some times to prove that Muhmmad (PBUH) was indeed the messenger of God who was PROPHECISED in the previous sriptures. That is EXACTLY what the Quran says:

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad (Praised One)." (Quran 61:6)

"Those who follow the Messenger, the UNLETTERED Prophet whom they find written in the Torah and the Gospel with them." (Quran 7:157)

---> The greatest and eternal Miracle of Muhammad (PBUH) is the Glorious Quran. Allah bestowed every prophet with Miracles in order that the people may accept them like Abraham (PBUH), Jonah (PBUH), Moses (PBUH), Jesus (PBUH) but upon their death (Jesus didn't die but raised alive to heaven), these Miracles vanished except the Miracle of Muhammad (PBUH), the book of Allah, the Quran, which remained, preserved and protected.

"Falsehood cannot come at it from before it or behind it. (It is) a revelation from the Wise, the Owner of Praise." (Quran 41:42)

"We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly Guard it (from corruption)." (Quran 15:9)

---> libby if you dont agree with me at any point, its OK but to accuse our prophet (PBUH) allegedly and calling names like warmonger or booty stoler is absolutely UNFAIR. If you have a little bit of shame, you wont criticize a person without any PROOFS, a man who is deeply revered by 1.5 Billion people in the world and also regarded as a SAINT by some of the Christian Churches.

Albeit i can quote verses from your own Bible with PROOFS that the mission of Jesus was to create hatred and enemity and he was a real warmonger BUT we Muslims believe that this is absolute FALLACY and that Jesus would never have spoken those words revealed to him from Allah.

1. libby101a profile image61

First of all, you are trying to use the Bible to make your Islamic beliefs more real!

Second, I'm only stating what is accurate according to history and the Qu'ran!

According to your own religion, to talk badly of Jesus at all, would make you a blasphemer! Hmm.... Are you willing to do that?

Innocent remarks from libby,

First of all, I am killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Second, now tell me from history and Quran that Muhammad (PBUH) was a booty stoler or warmonger? PROOFS!!!

Lastly, YES! according to my religion ISLAM (Submission to the will of 1 God), the religion of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (PBUT), disrespecting ANY prophet is a blasphemy BUT not according to BIBLE. In fact the very inventor of Christianity PAUL CURSED Jesus in his PAULANISTIC teachings of the Church.

"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us; for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree (pointing to Jesus Crucifixion)." (Galatians 3:13)

libby, as you are very INNOCENT, so let me put it this way.

The Jesus (PBUH) of the Quran is different to the Jesus of the Bible.

See how you misquote the Bible? You have no idea of the meaning of that! I can do that too, I can quote from the Qu'ran and make your religion look like a farce! I've did it in the past, but I don't do that anymore! I'm not going to use your own book against you! I think you are wrong for doing that!

The verse above is simple to understand--yet you don't get it! It takes having Christ in you to understand!

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us; for it is written, 'Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree (pointing to Jesus Crucifixion)." (Galatians 3:13)

He said Christ came and saved us from the curse of the law--the old testament laws, and he was cursed and he became the sacrifice, in other words he was cursed by the sins of us all, and anyone who hands on a tree is cursed!

Apparently you can't understand simple words! Or--you like to twist the meanings for your own religious views! Very sad!

2. Jaymeyaroch profile image60

Islam and Christianity have many parallels, including their mutual belief of each others prophets.  Muhammad thought Jesus was a pretty great guy, and Jesus was aware that Muhammad also followed Christian teachings.

It you actually study the works of Muhammad, he's right on par with Jesus.

However, just like Christianity, Islam was also tainted by the hands of men who thought they knew better than their prophets or their God.

Quote Jaymeyaroch --->  Muhammad thought Jesus was a pretty great guy, and Jesus was aware that Muhammad also followed Christian teachings.

---> How could Jesus (PBUH) had ever said of a word (Christian) for Muhammad (PBUH) which he didn't hear in his WHOLE life time? Even in the WHOLE Bible, there is no scuh word CHRISTIAN or CHRISTIANITY. In fact, Christianity takes its appellation from the name of Jesus Christ and Judaism from the name of the tribe Judah, wherein it took its birth.

Jesus (PBUH) was the one who SUBMITTED to the WILL of God and followed the religion of Islam while Muhammad (PBUH), the last prophet of God, only restored & enforced the message of 'submission to the will of God', preached by the earlier prophets.  e.g.

1) "Muslim" is not a new word that is found only in the Qur'an. "Muslim" is just the Arabic form. This word already existed in both Hebrew and Aramaic. It is derived from the root "S L M". The words "Salam" and "Islam" are also derived from this root. "Salam" means peace. The Aramaic equivalent of the Arabic word 'Muslim’ is "Mushlam".  It is derived from the root "SH L M". The words "Shalom" and "Shlama" are also derived from this root. "Shalom" means peace. Both Islam & Shlama means peace acquired by submission to the will of God.

2) "Al-Islam" is Arabic. "Shlama" is Aramaic. The meaning is the same. In Arabic, the word "Al" is added before a word to make it definite. Similarly, in Aramaic, the alphabet "a" is added at the end of a word to make it definite. So, in Aramaic, "a" is added after Shlam to make it "Shlama," and in Arabic "Al" is added at the beginning to make it "Al-Islam." Both mean the same: To submit oneself to the Will of God. Jesus said, “All of You who Submit your will to God, are my true Brothers and Sisters.” (Mark 3:31-35).

3) Greeting: Jesus greeted in the same manner as Muslims do. He greeted saying 'Shalom alay kum' (Luke; 24:36). The Islamic greeting in Arabic is "Asalamu alay kum." The meaning of both these greetings is “Peace be on you.” Shalom means peace, just as in Arabic, Salam means peace. The manner in which Jesus greeted and in which Muslims greet is the same, again indicating that all prophets followed the same religion, and the same way of life.

---> Islam was not tained by the hands of ORDINARY Muslims at all. Quran was revealed in a period of 23 years and just before the death of prophet (PBUH) and after his last sermon at the pilgrimage, this verse was revealed.

"...This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion..." (Quran 5:3)

"Do they not, then, ponder about the Qur‘an? Had it been from someone other than Allah, they would have found in it a great deal of discrepancy." (Quran 4:82)

3. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From the name, it appears that you are a Muslim ...

Tell me ... Do we really need an Apostolic, or a Saint's Certification ... To Establish The Truth ... of Muhammad's Prophethood  ...
      Is not the Word of God ... al' Quran, enough ?

Muhammad, Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon him, Is Indeed, the last Prophet of Allah .

I say, Leave it to their Councils, to decide, what they will anyway, Decide ...

Because, as you might have already read in the comments here ... you are unnecessarily hurting the sentiments of some Christian believers.

Remember, Controversies, do not serve any purpose.
      Those who are Ordained, shall Find The Truth.

Shahid Bukhari

Quoting from Quran about Jesus (PBUH) might HURT their feelings BUT not from Bible.

You are right. Since Quran is the 100% literal word of God and only authoritative, authentic and preserved Divine scripture free from all human and philosophical ideas and that Muslim does not need any other scripture to base his or her faith on, either in full or in part. However there is nothing objectionable if a Muslim believes that the Bible contains apparent prophecies about Prophet Muhammad, this is because the Quran itself confirms this fact in  (Quran 7:157) and (Quran 61:6).

1. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not true, it is alleged to be the literal word of Muhammad, full of philosophical ideas, not many having to do with the human condition at all. smile

2. Madyan profile image57
        Madyanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Dear Brother Shahid Bhukari, Brother Ahmed is not hurting any religious sentiments, he is talking about the reality from the textual reference from holy scriptures. Please dont be a sabotage for his efforts.It is a forum to make understand the non-believers about Islam,

4. Jaymeyaroch profile image60

Both texts were written by men.  Get OVER it.

What creates the controversy is that Jesus was said to be the Son of God (though he actually never said it himself) and gave us the teachings of Christianity, as it was then.  He was followed around by more than a dozen guys who all said that he was the son of God for him, and one very crazy king believed a pagan prophecy about it and tried to kill Jesus in his toddlerhood.  It's why in the Bible we miss nearly two decades of his life.

Muhammad was visited upon by the Lord and was then commissioned to speak about God to a large group of pagans who then tried to kill him.  For a very long time.  He spends almost a decade among the pagan and Jewish tribes before being allowed to come home.  He ends up having about a dozen wives who are all part of his ministry to the newly Islamic people.  Then they had a voice, but things have changed since then.

However, the Quran and the Bible were passed into the hands of what is likely very shady people who had their own interpretations of these two faiths.

And look where that has gotten us.  Do you think Muhammad would have welcomed Jesus into his home as anything but a brother?  Don't you think Jesus would have washed Muhammad's feet?

It would make sense, since they were both all about love, God, and peace.  Though as far as I know, Christianity's God got all of His war out during the Old testament while Islam's Allah had Muhammad go to war to save the new Muslims, like five times.  But Christianity was not a new concept by the time Jesus arrived.  Muhammad had to start from scratch.

I think both are valid, and both are correct, since neither in any way negates the legitimacy of the other.

As for Barnabas, he was one of the disciples of Jesus that was left out by those who later edited the Bible.  The Torah and all Jewish texts from that time indicate that nearly thirty men were excluded from what would become the Gospels.  Picky Christians.

Friend, respecfully, some of your information about Islam is a bit WEAK.

Muhmmad (PBUH) was never visited by God almighty BUT Angel Gabriel, who acted as an intermidiary b/w him and God and as a result, the Quran was gradually revealed in a period of 23 yrs.

If Quran got into the hands of shady Muslims which you are claiming, then we would have found many many incongruities as well as un-scinetific verses init. BUT there is not a SINGLE, remember SINGLE error in it and the reason for Quran being the literal and pure word of God is the verse of the Glorious Quran:

"We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly Guard it (from corruption). [Quran 15:9]

http://www.scienceislam.com/scientists_quran.php

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the nearest of all the people to Jesus, the son of Mary. The prophets are paternal brothers; their mothers are different, but their religion is one."Volume 4, Book 55, Number 652

2. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

for all the words in red, you have given us reason NOT to read the gospel of barnabus.
    catholicism and islam are very similar. This is why they co-exist and both slander jesus.
    If any part of catholic doctrine can be believed i would be amazed!
    In fact i might be prone to think that the creator of catholicism and islam are one in the same.
    Catholics have no right in declaring saints. This is unscriptural. Only God can decree a saint (which means holy one) and everyone in christ jesus is a holy one.

Stick to the canon.

1. Jaymeyaroch profile image60

You are full of contradictions, friend.  You should look to your sources, since the 'canon' was a concept of the Catholic Church.

They also do not slander Jesus, and are on several historical records for very violently going to bat against anyone who thinks otherwise.  At best, you could claim idolatry, what with all the saints and the Virgin.

Of course, protestants like yourself came into being because a crazy man nailed a protest, that if you actually take the time to read it, as I have, was a very screwed up individual.  Martin Luther hated a LOT of people.

The Quran does not slander Jesus.  As for the saints, they are EVERYWHERE in the Bible.  Peter visits some, plenty are in Jerusalem (a Jewish community) and several letters indicate that saints existed in other places.

Saints are pious people, who also happen to be holy and sacred (as in keeping the ways of God).  The Catholic Church used this concept of saints to help conquered converts adjust to Christianity.  They would pick a prominent pagan god, or person, give them a name, and make them a saint ("See, they're cool with this, why not you?")

God never created saints, and neither did Jesus.  It was the Holy Roman Church (followed later by the Byzantine Orthodox Church due to its success) that started it, and their saints are in heaven.  Biblical saints on are earth, and all Christians are saints.  Please read your Bible before venturing into the forums!

3. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

What are you trying to prove, anyway.
    Somehow legitimize Mohammad. If he can't be a prophet in his own right, why try and force him into the Bible, like a square peg, into a round hole.

Besides all that, the Koran is so far removed init's teaching from the Bible, that they are irreconcilable. So, why try?

The fundamental theme throughout the Bible is the advent of the Messiah.
    The Jews are still waiting for him. The Christians have already received Him.
    Islam only sees Him as a prophet.
    The truth is, Jesus is the Son of God. IS God, in human flesh. You either accept that or reject it.
    Quite simple really.

BTW, if a Muslim (or a Jew, or any other brand of believer) receives Jesus Christ, as the Son of God, will by so doing, become a born again believer (IE Christian). I suppose most of you know that, and are too scared to leave your current faith, for whatever reason!

1. Jaymeyaroch profile image60

You tone bleats ignorance.

It is spelled Quran.

The texts are rather similar, you should take the time to read them.  If for nothing else, do it to validate your Bible studies.  Don't judge a faith by the people who practice it.  If we all did that, none of us would truly see the way.

You fail to see beyond your concept of the Bible (have you even read it, in context?) and fail to recognize that we are all indeed children of God.

So go read the Good Book and play nice with your brothers and sisters.  It's what God has already told you to do (I'd cite a source but the whole Bible will do.)

4. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 13 years ago

Whilst in Libya last week I read a book by some Imam who attempted to prove Muhammed was prophesied in scripture. He gave two examples:

1) In Deut God said He would raise up a prophet after Moses from "your brethren". This brethren according to him means the sons of Ishmael. Nope. God is talking to Israel, so from their brethren clearly means from amoung their own brotherhood, an Israelite. all the prohpets of the OT were from Israel's brethren.

2) Jesus said He would send another comforter to guide the church in all truth. This Imam stated that Muhammed was this other comforter. On what evidence is this true? On whose opinion or personal interpretation are they resting here? Islam convieniently ignores Jesus' other parting words that His and His Father's spirit would come and dwell in those who believe, and also ignore that this was fullfilled at the day of Pentecost.

5. profile image50
    crusader112posted 13 years ago

Just in case you missed it, there is NO GOSPEL of St Barabus so foget your attempt to try  and get Mohammed in the Bible. Like aka-dj states 'if he (Mohammed) can't be a Prophet in his own right, why try and force him on the Bible."

If Mohammed is  so weak in the Quran, why are you trying to get Mohammed into the Bible,  is the Bible more credible than the Quran, it appears to me that to make Mohammed have creditablilty you MUST somehow Get Mohammed into the Bible, aparently the Quran is NOT ENOUGH, but you cannot get Mohammed into the Bible, you never will.

Again I quote aka-dj ' like a square peg in a round hole' Mohammed will NEVER EVER fit into the Holy Bible.

Accept you will only ever have Mohommed in the Quran.

You can write in RED till 'pigs fly past my window.' this is not a text from God it is not in the Bible so you are wasting your time.

Also as stated by Disappearinghead, quite correctly it matters not what you think,  Mohammed is not in the Bible. Also I might add Allan never rescued Jesus from death on the cross, and to be quite honest no Jew or Christian wants Mohammed in the OT or NT and Allah never was and never will be our God PERIOD

I also ask what are you trying to prove??

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i think he is trying to prove what all muslims believe in and that is muhammad is seal of prophet...the final one...before him was jesus..so muhammad is final version and quran should be considered as final doc...

what i dont like about such argument is why be selective...if i use xyz verse of bible than i should also believe in abc verse..if on one hand i say i dont believe that bible is correct , how can i use its verse if it suits my purpose?

1. profile image50

Pisean,
        I agree with you 100% you sure got that right.

2. Ahmad Usman profile image68

pisean.... Agree 100%. But let me tell you some FACTS.

The reason for quoting lets say, XYZ verses of the bible is that they are in complete agreement and consistent with the Holy Quran + The Quran also speaks about the reference to those verses of Torah (OT), Zaboor (Psalms) and Injeel (NT). e.g.

In case of Unity of one Almighty God:

(Quran 112:1) <--CONSISTENT--> (Deutronomy 6:4) (Mark 12:29)

In case of PROPHCIES about Muhammad (PBUH)

(Quran 7:157) <--REFERENCE-->  (Isaiah 29:11-12)

In case of Salvation (Original Sin):

(Quran 6:164) <--CONSISTENT--> (Deuteronomy 24:16)

In case of drawing images (for worship):

(Quran 7-148) <--CONSISTENT--> (Exodus 20:4)(Leviticus 26:1)

In case of Miracles of Jesus:

(Quran 3:49) <--CONSISTENT--> (Act 2:22)(Mathew 12:28)(Luke 11:20)

In case of Chracteristics of one TRUE God:

(Quran 2:255) <--CONSISTENT--> (John 5:37)(Isaiah 46:9)(John 1:18)

The reason for not quoting lets say, ABC verses of the Bible is that these verses are not in agreement with Quran and most importantly with the Bible itself and there will be contradictions b/w XYZ verses and ABC verses of the Bible. Eventually which will bring more humiliation and embarrassment to Christians as well as to their holy book, Bible. e.g.

XYZ Verse of the Bible --->  "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin." (Deuteronomy 24:16)

CONSISTENT With Quran ---> “No person earns any (sin) except against himself (only), and no bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another.” (Quran 6:164)

But INCONSISTENT With ABC Verses of the Bible ---> "The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29 )

"...that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures . . . (1 Cor. 15:3-4)

"For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust . . ."  (1 Peter 3:18)

"He was delivered over to death for our sins." (Romans 4:25)

Similarly XYZ Verse of the Bible --->  "Now therefore, our God, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who dost keep covenant and lovingkindness, Do not let all the hardship seem insignificant before Thee, Which has come upon us, our kings, our princes, our priests, our prophets, our fathers, and on all Thy people, From the days of the kings of Assyria to this day. “However, Thou art just in all that has come upon us." (Neh. 9:32-33)

CONSISTENT With Quran ---> "Whatever of good reaches you, is from Allah, but whatever of evil befalls you, is from yourself. And We have sent you (O Muhammad) as a Messenger to mankind, and Allah is Sufficient as a Witness." (Quran 4:79)

But INCONSISTENT With ABC Verses of the Bible ---> "...Behold, this evil is from the LORD;..." (2 Kings 6:33)

"...when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul,..." (I Samuel 16:23)

Moreover, in Islam, its Article of faith to believe in the previous Divine scriptures revealed to David, Moses and Jesus (Peace be upon them all) BUT since these books (the original scriptures or revelations) no longer exist and the bearers of these books failed in their task of preserving them, and what we find today is the Gospels written by the disciples of Jesus (Mark, Matthew, Luke, John) or by some unknown authors.

Simply put, Modren day Bible is not 100% what was revelaed to Jesus Christ & what he preached in his life time. All the top bible scholars endorse this fact and documentries have been made by Christians over Bible corruption.

History Channel Documentary: "Banned from the Bible"
        http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 729434420#
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3D28Ys-dp4

Documentary: “Who wrote the bible”
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suseKsLEWKo
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v¬=DGLV5q … re=related

CNN - Oldest known Bible goes online
        http://articles.cnn.com/2009-07-06/worl … s=PM:WORLD

I know many PORNOGRAPHIC, GIBBERISH, CONTRADICTORY, UN-SCIENTIFIC verses of the Bible which you assumed as ABC verses and criticized me for not quoting. BUT since it will hurt the sentiments of the Christians, therefore i am careful and SELECTIVE in quoting verses of the bible.

Hope you understand my point.

LOL! The Torah was written first! Therefore parts of the Qu'ran are consistent, in part, with the Bible! Muhammad felt a need to incorporate various other religions as well! He wanted the entire world to follow the Islam religion! When Jews and Christians would not believe in his false teachings he said to lay in wait and kill Jews and Christians! God sent a Jew, Jesus, but then according the Qu'ran said to kill them! I don't believe a word of the Qu'ran!

In the real world, when a book is written first, the other is copied!! Of course there are some things that match up... he copied several religions!

Peace

Apparently you have no idea of what you are talking about! The Torah was preserved!

2. Ahmad Usman profile image68

libby, be C00L,

Well we believe God's word must be FREE of all sorts of ERRORS. How can you say that the Torah or the WHOLE of Bible is preserved when we find in it many discrepancies. Now, according to Bible, GOD = SATAN. Read Con #1 below:

Contradiction #1
            Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?
            (a) God did (2 Samuel 24:1)
            (b) Satan did (1 Chronicles 21:1)

Contradiction #2
            Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?
            (a) Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
            (b) No (Joshua 15:63)

Contradiction #3
            Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?
            (a) Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
            (b) Heli (Luke 3:23)

Contradiction #4
            Jesus descended from which son of David?
            (a) Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
            (b) Nathan (Luke 3:31)

Contradiction #5
            Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?
            (a) Yes (Matthew 11:14, 17:10-13)
            (b) No (John 1:19-21)

Contradiction #6
            Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?
            (a) Yes (Mark 6:8)
            (b) No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3).

Contradiction #7
            Did John the Baptist recognise Jesus before his baptism?
            (a) Yes (Matthew 3:13-14).
            (b) No (John 1:32, 33).

Contradiction #8
            Did Jesus bear his own cross?
            (a) Yes (John 19:17).
            (b) No (Matthew 27:31-32).

Contradiction #9
            Did Jesus pray to The Father to prevent the crucifixion?
            (a) Yes. (Matthew 26:39; Mark 14:36; Luke 22:42).
            (b) No. (John 12:27).

Should i CONTINUE with the ERRORS?

---> libby, All the prophets from Adam (PBUH) to Muhammad (PBUH)SUBMITTED to the will of one God, i.e. they were all Muslims and followed Islam.

---> How can Jews and Christians didn't believe in Muhammad (PBUH) as a prophet and slave of Allah when the WHOLE of Arabia (they were all Arab Christians and Jews) converted to Islam (Submission to the will of God)?

Half of the Rabbis of Madina embraced Islam and these Rabbis were very learned and knew the Gospels and they were anxiously waiting for a prophet to come who was prophecised in the previous scriptures.

---> libby again you have NO PROOFS to back your BASELESS, FALSE, HATEFUL claims that Muhammad (PBUH) said to kill Jews and Christians.

It was after the treaty was violated by the PAGANS of Mecca, God commanded prophet (PBUH) to fight in self-defense.

3. Ahmad Usman profile image68

QUOTE libby ---> In the real world, when a book is written first, the other is copied!! Of course there are some things that match up... he copied several religions,

---> It means that the disciples of Jesus copied New Testament from the Old Testament (Gap of almost 400 years b/w the two) and that NT is the forgery of OT?

That means Jesus didn't receive anything from FATHER But his disciples COPIED Gospels from OT?

Moreover, your argument would have been considered valid about Quran (which was revealed to Muhammad from God) being COPIED from Bible IF and only IF Muhammad (PBUH) was LITERATE and knew how to READ and WRITE. FAIL!!!

This is nonsense! So, you only take parts of any book that goes with your belief? Even Muhammad did this when his demeanor changed from peace to war--- if an earlier verse contradicts a latter verse then take the latter one! That is so far from Godly! God doesn't change his mind or adjust to anything! He is the same always---yet Muhammad seemed to change God's views of things over time!

All that you have written above is typical! It is nonsense at best! You should read my hub on Muhammad and the Islamic religion! It actually sheds some light on the false teachings!

2. Beelzedad profile image59

So, let me get me this straight, you're entire argument is based on that fact that one scripture, which was written after another scripture, is more likely to be in agreement with the earlier scripture as opposed to the other way round.

Brilliant! smile

6. libby101a profile image61
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

I agree Pisean! It's like trying to get orange juice from apples--it don't work!

1. profile image50

Libby,
      Spot on, good example.

7. profile image50
    crusader112posted 13 years ago

If Muslims belive Mohammed was last Prophet/messenger from God, ( with no witnesses) then along comes Joseph Smith ( morman with 11 witnesses) now Joseph Smith is he  the last messenger from God, and not Mohammed, just a thought...............

8. libby101a profile image61
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

You know, I've been reading over a lot of the quotes used over a few posts that are supposed to be from the Bible and noticed quite a few words are missing or changed which make the entire verse mean something totally different! I think quotes are being made from the internet, not the Bible! Probably from sources that are against the Bible and of course word are changed to make their belief seem more real!

Hmm.. Go read some verses from this poster, and if you know the Bible well enough you will see what I mean!

libby

I CHALLENGE you to show me a SINGLE verse or even a SINGLE word of Biblical verses which i quoted in my posts WRONGLY or OUT of CONTEXT?

The following site contains 25 VERSIONS of the Bible. Just read every VERSION of it and compare it to what i wrote in my posts. I bet you wont find a single verses out of context.

http://bible.cc/mark/12-29.htm

I challenge you to stop using the Bible as proof, when you put no belief in it! It's like quoting from a history book, yet saying that book is not accurate! How is anyone suppose to take you serious when you do that?

I put no faith in the Qu'ran, therefore I refuse to post anything from it ever again...and haven't in months! I think it's wrong and immoral to do so! If I don't believe in it, that is my thoughts and views! I would never come here and starts forums and such with quotes from verses from the Qu'ran because there are people who believe strongly in it! It is between them and God to figure out the truth! However, when you come here throwing scriptures from another belief you are doing wrong!

I respect other religions, however, that respect is lost when people like you use others religions to try to prove their own!

There is no respect in what you do!

libby dont put words in my MOUTH, please.

I have every RIGHT to quote Bible as long as i dont mis-quote and no one can stop me from quoting it, understood?

Its rediculous that i am quoting all the POSITIVE verses of the Bible and you are emphasizing me for not quoting it, why?

libby for God sake, who told you to put FAITH in Islam? Don't behave CHILDISH.

In the name of Allah, the compassionate, the merciful

Say: O disbelievers!
            I worship not that which ye worship;
            Nor worship ye that which I worship.
            And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
            Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
            Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.
            (Quran 109:1-6)

Try saying that really fast a couple of times. smile

9. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Let me ask straight. What do you want, Ahmed usman?

I want NOTHING but merely to CONVEY the messenge of TRUTH to those who dont know.

Islam is the Religion of All prophets and that there is no god but God and Muhammad is his slave and final messenger and that the Quran is the last divine book revealed to him and that Jesus is God's slave and messenger.

Thanks for the conveyance, I'm not too keen on slavery driven truths. Pass. smile

10. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

For Your Information:

Gospel of Barnabas was never accepted among well known scholars. Some academics suggest that it may contain some remnants of an earlier apocryphal work edited to conform to Islam, perhaps Gnostic or Ebionite.

This work should not be confused with the surviving Epistle of Barnabas, nor with the surviving Acts of Barnabas

The Gospel of Barnabas might have been written/manipulated after the advent of Islam:

The BIGGEST flaw is apparent in its time frame. Two manuscripts of the Gospels are known to have existed, both dated to the late SIXTEENTH CENTURY and written respectively in Italian and in Spanish. ISLAM born about a Thousand years before the birth of these two manuscripts, which creates significant doubt in its authenticity & also generates the possibility that certain Muslims might have manipulated its words to support Islamic view of Jesus. Thus the PREDICTIONS about Mohammad are not PREDICTIONS at all, they are more like POST-DICTIONS.

Other than that, These Gospels contains a number of apparent anachronisms and historical incongruities, which makes it an unreliable source of information. (Fyi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_ … achronisms)

Thanks for your effort!

Rishy, all you have wriiten above are only ASSUMPTIONS like Muslims MIGHT have been, MIGHT have been, MIGHT have been etc etc and you have whatsoever no PROOF to back your claim that GOB came into the hands of Muslims and they altered it.

---> One thing is proved for sure from the bible that Barnabas was an apostle and one of the disciple of Jesus.

---> Secondly, if we have today the account of Jesus written by his disciples like Mark, Matthew, John ETC ETC, why can't we have one from Barnabas?

Where is then the Gospel of Barnabas?

---> To say that Muslims might have manipulated GOB to support Islamic view of Jesus is ABSOLUTELY WRONG. This is because GOB says that Muhammad is the Messiah while EVERY Muslims STRONGLY believes and KNOWS that among all prophets, starting from Adam (PBUH) upto Muhammad (PBUH), Messiah is only ONE and it is Jesus, son of Mary.

Now if Muslims manipulated GOB, then they should not have made such a CRITICAL MISTAKE by calling Muhammad, the Messiah.

YES! there are incongruities in GOB, BUT its nothing if we compare it to the Bible and one cant DISMISS GOB just because of FEW incongruities. BUT If some1 does so, then he should also DISMISS the BIBLE.

---> Origin of GOB and how it survived:

The Gospel of Barnabas was accepted as a Canonical Gospel in the Churches of Alexandria till 325 A.D.

Iranaeus (130-200) wrote in support of pure monotheism and opposed Paul for injecting into Christianity doctrines of the pagan Roman religion and Platonic philosophy. He had quoted extensively from the Gospel of Barnabas in support of his views. This shows that the Gospel of Barnabas was in circulation in the first and second centuries of Christianity.

In 325 A.D., the Nicene Council was held, where it was ordered that all original Gospels in Hebrew script should be destroyed. An Edict was issued that anyone in possession of these Gospels will be put to death.

In 383 A.D., the Pope secured a copy of the Gospel of Barnabas and kept it in his private library.

In the fourth year of Emperor Zeno (478 A.D.), the remains of Barnabas were discovered and there was found on his breast a copy of the Gospel of Barnabas written by his own hand.
      (Acia Sanctorum Boland Junii Tom II, Pages 422 and 450. Antwerp 1698).

Pope Sixtus (1585-90) had a friend, Fra Marino. He found the Gospel of Barnabas in the private library of the Pope. Fra Marino was interested because he had read the writings of Iranaeus where Barnabas had been profusely quoted. The Italian manuscript passed through different hands till it reached "a person of great name and authority" in Amsterdam, "who during his life time was often heard to put a high value to this piece". After his death it came in the possession of J.E. Cramer, a Councilor of the King of Prussia. In 1713 Cramer presented this manuscript to the famous connoisseur of books, Prince Eugene of Savoy. In 1738 along with the library of the Prince it found its way into Hofbibliothek in Vienna. There it now rests.

Toland, in his "Miscellaneous Works" (published posthumously in 1747), in Vol. I, page 380, mentions that the Gospel of Barnabas was still extant. He refers to the Glasian Decree of 496 A.D. where "Evangelium Barnabe" is included in the list of forbidden books. Prior to that it had been forbidden by Pope Innocent in 465 A.D. and by the Decree of the Western Churches in 382 A.D.

Rishy, do you see in the above history, GOB getting into the hands of Muslims and that they manipulated it?

This is hilarious! I'm sorry but your views are twisted! Stop with your efforts with the Bible! Stick with your Qu'ran!

There's a reason why the Gospel of Barnabas is not in the Holy Bible's cannon! God knew it was a farce, just like the Qu'ran! Written by man to lead the blind into the ditch!

libby,

There are MANY MANY reasons why Christians REJECT GOB.

1. It states that God is One and not three / No divinity of Jesus

2. It states that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the last Prophet of God

3. It states that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the Messiah. (Error)

4. It does not talk about any original sin.

5. It states that the last Prophet will be an Ishmaelite.

6. It also denies the crucifixion.

@ahmad ...and this are same reasons why you accept GOB...interestingly we humans tend to take what solidifies our belief and reject those which dont...

pisean

Not only the Quran confirms some of the above points (Except 3 which is error) BUT also the Bible.

so?.. what about those who neither believe in quran and bible...they might quote from torah...my point was not on which book...it was on our nature...we tend to collect everything which solidifies our belief while reject everything which is not part of that...

11. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Pisean, didn't I read your Gospel??

ya...in that gospel you might have read about greek one ....the dream of every girl ...

12. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

big_smile

1. profile image0
      jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the supposed time of christ was aACE 4 to 37 and Muhammad ACE 600.
      how this Barnabas even knew about Muhammad?
      while even Jesus is a fabrication what made credence to this barnabas?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)