jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (31 posts)

Sacrilage at HubPages

1. Kdban101 profile image60
    Kdban101posted 6 years ago

I noticed someone has posted a particularly blasphemous hub, here is the link:
    <snipped link>
    Blasphemous is a strong word, I don't use it generally, but what do you all think about this case. This fellow has even monetized his hub with amazon.
    Awaiting your opinions.

1. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Read it. Doesnt bother me. Everyone has the right to publish what they want. Also it wasnt inflammatory and if you read it you would see the disclaimer at the bottom that says only for informational purposes. Besides blasphemy is only relevant if you believe in an intelligent entity overseing the world which I do not.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for advertising this. Good job. Voted up! lol

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
        Sufidreamerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Likewise.

Whether you agree with the content or not is irrelevant - It is a well put together, well written Hub, and certainly much better than the countless two-hundred word, crappy, spun Hubs about acai berries. smile

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do any of these acai berry hubs comes in 'diet' type yet, as in diet coke ?

3. Brooke Lorren profile image60
      Brooke Lorrenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Freedom of Speech?

I won't up a hub that I find offensive... I generally just avoid it.  I'm sure that people think that some of the things that I write about Christianity are offensive to them too.

4. Pearldiver profile image88
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Kdban101 on HubPages

I love writing and hoping to make a contribution in the intelligent community of hubpages .

Thanks for visiting my page... roll

- I think perhaps You Need To up your level of hope after making such a frivolous attack on a well written and informative hub!
      - And perhaps such an 'intelligent' attitude could be contributed with less intimation that your basis of opinion has some relationship to Freemasonry!

Doesn't it concern you that so far it is Senior Hubbers who have shot you down on your less-than-intelligent post? hmm

Interesting attitude.... Sure to gain the support of like-minded newbies!!
      Open your minds - If you are going to attempt to influence the world! roll

1. Kushal101 profile image58
        Kushal101posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Evidently even HubTeam is supporting this ridiculous view and have shot down my hub. Huh, funny to see still serious and talented writers are ready to lay down their lives for this HubPages hmm

1. Shadesbreath profile image85
          Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How are any hubbers "ready to lay down their lives" for this?

1. Kushal101 profile image58
            Kushal101posted 6 years ago in reply to this

not literally of course tongue Only mentioning the fanatic support HubPages Team enjoys among the authors here.

1. SiddSingh profile image59
              SiddSinghposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, almost "religiously" fanatic!

5. Dave Mathews profile image59
      Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So why should this person's hub or how they use it bother me?

6. Shadesbreath profile image85
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would have read it if the link weren't snipped. So, instead I'll just LOL @ the idea of "blasphemy" being taken seriously still in modern times.  I have to LOL because otherwise I will puke.

Usually what follows the use of that word are calls for stoning, torture, mutilation or bombing.

Great mindset.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

And what do you care? hmm

3. xixi12 profile image70
    xixi12posted 6 years ago

You will be surprised how many people are interested in such information. Such is the world we live in. Its called freedom of ...

4. DoubleScorpion profile image80
    DoubleScorpionposted 6 years ago

To each thier own...Not my place to pass judgement...I must say not something that I am into though...

5. SandyMcCollum profile image70
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

It's very imformative and the pictures are great. Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

6. KHP101 profile image58
    KHP101posted 6 years ago

Yeah, unique no doubt. The guy can claim credit for that.

7. KHP101 profile image58
    KHP101posted 6 years ago

Anyway, feel honored to see a discussion going about me here:))

8. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Sacrilege and blasphemous against whom? This is not a religious site....

9. evvy_09 profile image72
    evvy_09posted 6 years ago

I don't like the subject.  Slitting childrens throats is horrible and the pictures are sad.  poor women.  But people really do this and the hub itself was put together in a decent informative way.  So I guess good hub about a bad topic.

10. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

Not a subject I am fond of but well written, nonetheless.  Sacrilege is in the eye of the beholder.  I had rather decide for myself other than have someone decide for me.

11. KHP101 profile image58
    KHP101posted 6 years ago

I can see Hubbers are much more open minded than I had guessed. Anyway, I have decided to write at my own name, and not at some obscure KHP pseudonym. So the hub is being temporarily deleted. Will be back very soon. Thanks

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't use us as typical of everyone here.  There are some who do not have the same sense of "artistic license" as we do.  You'll see what I mean when you've been here longer.  LOL!

12. Kushal101 profile image58
    Kushal101posted 6 years ago

If anybody is still interested, you can check Black Mass article by going to my profile.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You said above you had decided to write with your own name and not some obscure new name. Changed your mind?

13. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 6 years ago

My only problem with the hub in question is the partial nudity. One of my hubs was unpublished by HP because it showed a thong above a pair of jeans, with no nudity involved. Other than that, I think the hub is covered under freedom of speech.

14. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

I have a feeling that at least three protagonists in this discussion are in fact, one person. An attempt to beat the rule regarding "no self promotion in forums".

1. Pearldiver profile image88
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Possibly right Sidd smile
      If that is the case... the best that the party can ever expect to be seen as a writer of substance would be: desperately persistent - the most desired attribute for a professional spammer! hmm

15. Kushal101 profile image58
    Kushal101posted 6 years ago

I know two profiles of same person shouldn't take part in same forum, but since I have abandoned the KHP profile, don't consider this a spamming effort ( and anyway I won't try to promote a hub by spamming while it is flagged).

working