jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

The Church

1. Libra Rajani profile image61
    Libra Rajaniposted 6 years ago

Why have so many chatholics left the church and what can be done to bring them back?

1. Jerami profile image73
      Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Where are they going?

I think that Church is a great place to begin our quest for finding truth.  But I also think that our journey is meant to continue on past that.  There are some things that are not going to be found in Church.

1. pylos26 profile image76
        pylos26posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Would that be logic and common sense?

2. Beelzedad profile image57
      Beelzedadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Usually, once people start to think for themselves, they don't come back to a state of ignorance and delusion. Kids have access to the internet and information, hence are breaking their indoctrinations at an earlier age in life. smile

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL. i read somewhere that atheism is a perfectly understandable thing, to an adolescent boy; but evidence of a stunted intellect in adults. Not saying it's true, just something I read

1. Beelzedad profile image57

I'm so glad to hear you've learned to read. There is then to achieve gaining the skill sets of synthesis and critical thinking in order to rise to the status of an intellectually stunted adult, moving well beyond that of an adolescent boy.

However, it would behest me to ask that if one was not yet able to comprehend a concept like atheism, would that mean they have yet to even attain adolescence?  smile

1. profile image0

LOL. Good come back. I disagree, but that's to be expected.

Is it expected? How unfortunate.

It's funny how I agreed with you and now you are disagreeing with my agreement with you. Is that to be expected as well? smile

1. profile image0

Were you agreeing? Oh, sorry. I thought you were insinuating I was pre adolescent. My bad.

Actually, it must be my bad as I thought you were explaining and then confirming that. smile

1. profile image0

LOL,You sir, continue a long line of humorous posts.

3. Castlepaloma profile image25
      Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They found more ways than one to God

2. Midnight Oil profile image88
    Midnight Oilposted 6 years ago

The only way to get them back to catholic church is first start tell the truth.

Then get rid of the of all the dodgy priest than hide under the church's vestments - this has done more to empty the churches than the internet and Sunday shopping.  Strict vetting should be introduced for all potential priests...

3. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 6 years ago

Libra, I felt compelled to apologize for posting in your forum. I'm not Catholic, know nothing about the subject and knew I had no opinion to offer on the topic. I was just surprised when I saw Beezeldad had posted, since I was pretty sure he would be clueless too. thats what brought me in. So sorry to take up space. I hope you find the answers you seek.

1. Libra Rajani profile image61
      Libra Rajaniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not a problem, I enjoy reading a healthy debate; good points on both sides.
      Thank you for commenting!

working