The Mark Upon Cain!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (111 posts)
  1. profile image51
    SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 12 years ago

What did God do unto him  that he would be idenified from others?

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Put a mark on him. lol

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

maybe he microchipped him - that's what all the doomsayers predict will happen

You could be close to spot on. lol
          Sounds a bit kinda like a fore runner. big_smile

1. profile image0

please tell  me you're not all still bleating that BS - barcode as the mark of the beast 666

No, I don't bleat the barcode.
              It will come soon enough, but I doubt it will be any B&W lines (visible or invisible) that will be IT.

You'd have to be living in a cave to not see that it's a logical "next step" to solve many economic (and other) woes of our time.

I mean, how much CASH do the majority of people use these days?
              That stat alone should be evidence enough clue as tp where it's all leading. smile

1. profile image0

barcode, microchip - whatever - that's still the conspiracy theory that christians have about being the 'mark of the beast?'

Please wake up, look around, and you will see signs everywhere!
                  Just because the Christians are sending out a warning, does not negate the actuality.

Do some (secular) research for yourself, and then come back.

1. profile image0

signs - you mean all this hype that there are 'more earthquakes' etc?

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
          IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lollollol

2. profile image0

many religious groups interpreted the mark of Cain to be black skin ie that dark skin was a curse - what superstitious nonsense

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_and_mark_of_Cain

Their blood runs red, no matter the colour of the skin.
          I HATE racial (or any other for that matter) prejudice.

1. profile image0

well, the bible has been used to support racism in this very manner

Sure it has. But who did the justifying?
              Men!

Just look at earnests posts. He can support his position 100% from the Bible.
              I can mine, to support mine.

So what. You have no real point to argue, except, you also point to the human condition. Man does what he wants. He can justify it by whatever means works for him. For the moslim terrorists, it happens to be the koran.

1. profile image0

because who wrote the bible - men!

1. profile image0
                  brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They did indeed hold the pen.  Wouldn't it be strange if a floating pen wrote the bible... people would not believe it more if it had.

God works through people, if they let Him. That's just a christian fact.
                  For those who have no faith in the bible that is just a christian shame.

1. profile image0

with such 'treasures' such as smashing infants heads against rocks

2. lone77star profile image72
            lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And yet, aka-dj, you let your own prejudices blind you. How thoroughly egotistical.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
              kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You must be very proud of yourself to be able point out others egotistical nature....

2. aka-dj profile image65

And what might they be?

1. profile image0

When christians say things out of assurance and in a matter of fact manner it is called egotistical.
                Think nothing of it... they do the same, but then they call this practice... correctness.

2. lone77star profile image72

I agree Baileybear. That is nonsense. That is one of many wrong interpretations of biblical passages.

But it takes great humility to find the real meaning. Have you lost that humility?

1. profile image0

The black skin of cain is possible. Not because of racism but because the people of the garden were probably all the same color. There were no black skinned people in the garden, lets say, in this instance, but neither were  yellow or red.

I have wondered about that and the book is still open to any firm answer.
            The study of marks in the bible is interesting and sometimes a mark is not a tangible, outward appearance of something but rather a distinguishment figuratively mentioned.

1. profile image0

what colour do you think the people in the bible were?

1. profile image0

i am not sure.
                I noticed above it seemed as though i said there were not black or yellow or red.  I meant just in the instance i am referring to in the post, for example.
                I see no reason why the garden characters could not have been, red, or yellow or black.
                strongs seems to suggest that    H121 - adam = red in color. Adam therefore may have been red-dish
                suffice it to say, Cain may have been a different color than the others.

1. profile image0

the fundamental mormons believe Cain was black because he was cursed.  They despise black people

1. profile image0

see what happens when people include non protestant cannon books.
                    Its stupid to be following Christ and despise a person because of their skin color.

the word black in the bible means sorrowful - in some instances.

2. jacharless profile image75
                jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Given the colorful visuals depicted of the earth at that time, a canopy above, blocking most of the harsh rays of sun, a mist coming up from the ground but no rainfall : a perfect sunny &70F with 40% humidity comes to mind -and that sounds perfect, a lot like San Francisco year round! Plus, given the region of Iraq (where three of the four freshwater rivers are located) I would go with tan or deep olive complexion.

Even today, with climatic changes, if you note the tones of people in such climates, their complexion tends to have a reddish-olive tone, quite close to medium tan. Ironically, in Tajikistan the complexion due to the sun and wind of the region makes their tone more reddish than olive.

James.

ps, the Mormons were Puritan outcasts, so it makes sense their anglo roots would lean in that direction.

1. profile image0

apparently, pale skin/hair/eyes is a mutation resulting in less pigmentation. 
                  A prominent writer on HP claims that Eve was white because ribs are white.  I thought that was hilarious

1. jacharless profile image75
                    jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thought ribs were red-brown, sticky and -if cooked right- fall of the bone good. (oh, wait, are we talking bbq ribs or actual human bones) j/k.

Mutations? emm, no comment. lol.

The pale skin, blue eyed, anorexic depiction of [Jesus] is from the South Caucus / Macedon concepts, Alexander especially, passed on to the Romans and Greeks. Remember, Alexander was awed by the people of India and southern regions like Egypt, because he looked like the 'sun' compared to them, who had dark skin and eyes. During the Renaissance, anglo-roman influence came through iconic art (of which my mum was a huge fan & student) was whitewashed people, using an eggshell and chalk based paint to make them stand out against the 'red' of the 'devil'.

James.
                    ps, now am in the mood for ribs an slaw. thanks wink

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image59
                    Vladimir Uhriposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Bible say God took Eva's part (DNA)  from his side (Hebrew "tsela"). Not necessary removed the rib. Side versus rib!

2. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There were only three other people on the planet at the time---Adam, Eve, and Abel.  Why would God need an identity marker for Cain?

1. profile image0

Unless there were more people in the garden that you suppose.
        Does it make sense that God should design and create all this for one person, adam and then one woman eve.
        The command for multiplication came after expulsion from the garden.

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image59

Actually it is not right: Multiplication was given in  1st chapter and man was expelled out in 3rd.
          Gen 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion...

Since the God of the bible is apparently not very smart, YES, this does make sense.  I mean...He did create three DAYS before He even created the SUN. This God is a bumbling idiot!

OH! Now it all makes sense! NOT!!!

&Getitirte. Now we know who is an idiot. It is your word you offence God and all of us.
            God created heavens and the earth long time ago before He recreated damaged earth. It was first flood - gen 2:2.
            Then God restored messy earth.

3. recommend1 profile image59
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You should be seeking your truths from the babel story.

hmm hmm hmm

4. Vladimir Uhri profile image59

It is interesting that Cain and offspring had similar spirit: hate, refusing blood of Messiah (Cain offered grass instead of lamb), weapon of mass destruction, murder, polygamy... and finally mark...

1. profile image0

This is why indoctrination is important.
        Obviously Cain taught that the world was a tough place, dog eat dog in fact and that in order to be successful you have to fight and cheat and steal - do whatever you have to....
        Parents teach their children through action and words and non-actions what they believe in.

2. profile image51
    SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 12 years ago

And what was that mark aka D.J/

I was being funny.
      Actually, I don't know what mark it was.
      My guess is that it was
      1 Obvious to anyone who saw it.
      2 The word would have spread through, the then relatively small population, as to Who this man was, and What he was "guilty" of.

I think there was big crowd,  that time, don't you think? First there was woman available to Cain to marry. Mark is not needed if only few people are on the earth. Bless you. smile
        PS. Adam and Eve were fertile and had many children. The same with their children.  Before flood there was about billion people by calculation.

3. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

actually there were more than only three people on the planet.

Or else how could Cain have found a wife?

Who actually said there were only three? hmm

1. Diane Inside profile image72
        Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

getitrite

I've told him several times to live up to his name &
          "get it right!!" lol lol lol

1. getitrite profile image72

Of course, I'll leave to you to explain how Adam and Eve were the first generation...Cain and Abel were the second generation...yet there were other people on the planet.

This is beyond absurd.

1. profile image0

brothers & sisters must have interbred - the incest law didn't come about until a little while later

Maybe so.  But that would mean that Cain and Abel must have been very old by this time...if all these generations were already here...but it states that Cain was not even married yet, because he found a wife in Nod.  Where did these people in Nod come from?  Were they descended from Adam and Eve, as well.  And if so, wouldn't they know of Cain, since they were closely related to him?  Why would he need a mark?

1. profile image0

If there were others in the garden, of which adam was the governor, then when they were ousted from the garden some would have gone north, east, south.. since they had no internet or telephone, communication between these "tribes" would have been difficult.... therefore God marked Cain.

1. profile image0

ancient tribes had plenty of ways of communicating other than the modern telephone - smoke signals, horns, whirling a cord above the head to make a loud noise

The only way I could accomplish that, in your warped worldview, would be to stop thinking, give into fear, and embrace childish, silly fables as truths!

1. profile image0

Or to think between the lines and let God give revelation.

In other words, become a mindless blind follower, and give into fear, become delusional, and pretend that imaginary entities talk to me.  Thank you for clearing that up for me.

For a minute, there, I thought you were asking me to become insane!

1. profile image0

I think you show that quite well by yourself.
                  id rather you be a mindless blind follower and getsomethingsright for a change.

I'm sure some imaginary entity has talked to you smile

I see I'm not the only one encouraging him to "get things right". lol lol lol

The only problem is that your version of getting things right is completely ludicrous.

Wouldn't it be disturbing if I actually believed in imaginary entities as an adult.

Adam and Eve were the first generation...Cain and Abel were the second generation.

What other people are you talking about?

Please explain---with references please!

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

they were the first generation of a specific family tree,

Ya keep forgeting the problems concerning trnslations except for when it benefits your particular arguement  as  if you'r goina win a teddy bear or something for winning.

What makes you always think that your INTERPRETATION of the bible is the correct one?

I don't need your interpretations,  and I don't know what was mis-translated, and neither do you.

Stop pretending that you know something that others don't know, please.

1. lone77star profile image72

Getitrite, you make a good point, here. I would think that no one on this planet has the correct interpretation of the entire Bible, especially not you.

You and your skeptical cohorts act as if you know it all. Or is that merely ego-pumping? Hmm-m-m...

You've told us what you don't need. But what do you need? More ways to stroke your own ego -- to make yourself right and others with whom you disagree wrong? What a life! But I guess someone has to live it, huh? Good luck with that trick.

There's a lot more in the Bible than you will ever guess. But that's right, you don't need such things. So, why are you even here? Soaking up more ego with your buds? Very funny. wink

Sure, you may have run into a whole lot of Fundamentalists who couldn't hold a logical candle next to you. They take the Bible literally wrong, so why shouldn't you? What if someone presented you with a logical, thoughtful discussion of philosophy and religion? Could you even handle it? Or would the lure of ego be too strong?

1. Evolution Guy profile image59
              Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Gosh, you religious people are funny. You think you know something no one else knows and then don't get that telling people that you know something special that they cannot grasp - and then accuse them of being egotistical because they came to their own conclusions about your majik book is guaranteed to cause a fight - and the exact ego stroking behavior they accuse others of.

Now present a logical argument instead of making personal attacks to defend your nonsensical beliefs.

Go on - I dare ya. lol

My dear Evolution Guy! What a lovely idea. No more personal attacks? You really promise? Or are you just sucker baiting? lol

I guess I could generalize, too, but it's so unintelligent. roll "You skeptical people" sounds so pretentious, but you're an individual, right? You have your own experiences, knowledge and intelligence, right? So, why do you lump me in with all the other "religious people?" Have you read any of my writing, besides the tit-for-tat here in the forum? cool

I would love to present logical arguments. That's my main purpose. But it seems that so many of the non-religious individuals enjoy making insults. Shucks! And I guess I wanted to try it out, too. Oh, I'm sorry. I'm only assuming that you enjoy such things. Was that an incorrect assumption? And if you do enjoy such things, as so many seem to, then I've made my point. Score 1 for logic.

If you really want a logical argument, I'd love to debate with you. You can find me. But if all you can bring to the table are statements like "nonsensical beliefs" and "I dare ya," then you are not as intelligent as I thought. wink

I would love to be wrong on that one! If you really want the dare, you can find me. If you never show up, then I'll know how shallow your dare was. big_smile

2. profile image0

The problem with thinking that no one has the right interpretation of the bible is that when you make this silly assumption you leave God out of the equation.
              God wrote the book, God reveals His word when the timing and/or the vessel can handle it.
              Christians need to be open to new revelations about the word of God, not all christians: some are content to believe in a literal snake in a literal tree and God bless them for that... but others when they get a wiff of a strange thing that peaks their curiosity - they research it, study it, wrestle with it and hopefully, allow God to have His say. Sometimes people become all heady and proud and do the research strictly on their own merits of ability, forgetting that God knows all about His book. For others the time was not right, speaking of history here.
              For example some have criticized why electricity was not divulged by God way earlier in history and my refute on that is "look how close we are to destroying our planet in the 100yrs since electricity, would we not all be dead by now with thousands of years of hydro", only God knows.

keep going lone77 i find you interesting reading

3. getitrite profile image72

Correct! Being that the bible is irrelevant, primitive nonsense.

Say something to support your position, and stop with the childish nonsensical misinformation...based purely on conjecture.  Thank you.

More childish drivel from a VERY angry believer!

Boy you are really p!ssed that your religion is nonsense, and it is causing such a trauma in your psyche. Makes you feel like you might have to make decisions for yourself, huh?  How frightening that must be for you!

But your position is just as ridiculous as the fanatical fundamentalist...and it's quite disturbing that you actually believe that you are LOGICAL!  yikes yikes yikes

I hope you are not advocating that you present such a discussion.  Judging by your insane statements on this forum, this is a waste of time...and extremely laughable. lol lol

Some people are legends in their own...mind!

lol

1. profile image0

More childish drivel from a VERY angry believer!

Who's angry lol

have a nice day smile

2. Jonathan Janco profile image59
        Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cain was married and Adam and Eve also had daughters. Cain created Nod, the city east of Eden, and the fellowship of the Way of Cain, a way opposed to God. And the Mark of Cain is the cross or an X.

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/cain.htm

Are you suggesting incest?!

Well it serves God right, would you not agree?  It WAS God who started the whole thing by showing favoritism, and discriminating against Cain.  RIGHT?!

Unbelievable!

3. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good point, that would make the creation story in the bible false. smile

Einstein would groan at that hollow logic.

Genesis 5:2 is one small clue that you guys are taking things too literally. Of course, you're not taking it too seriously, either. But that's your problem, now isn't it? You miss out on all the fun. Puffing up your egos has got to be hard work. wink

Like Einstein said, imagination is more valuable than knowledge. And the way you guys treat knowledge, you're in dire need of a whole lot of imagination. Einstein started out with a good dose of humility, but he failed to recognize the value of that. It might have helped him save face when later confronted with quantum mechanics.

As it is, Einstein later lost all credibility with his peers. He had the imagination, knowledge and intelligence, but lost his humility. Do you guys even know how to spell "humility," or has ego-pumping got you blind to that word?

And it takes humility to find answers. Einstein had it in his youth.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We can all see your humility lonestarr! lol lol lol

Quick someone give this man a mirror!  lol

And instead of talking about the topic of this forum, all you can do is poke fun. Very funny, my humble earnestness! big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Your ego must be as big as a mountain... no, a planet, by now! Whew!

Do I still have an ego? You betcha! But I don't want it, like you guys seem to.

Mirror? I welcome it. Have you tried it, lately?

And back to the topic at hand, if that is not too much of a burden. Did you even look up Genesis 5:2?

1. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey bad boy, I don't need to look it up.

You sure are gonna come off a bad ninth in this little war of words. You shouldn't come unarmed like this. You are about as transparent as glass. lol

2. kirstenblog profile image78
          kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It must take a lot of humility to point out the lack of humility in others? hmm

Very intelligent, Kirsten. Ego is such a burden. I learn more about my own every time I attempt to carry on a logical discussion in one of these forums. Humble? Only on a good day, and today is not one of them.

How about your own ego? Have you looked in a mirror, lately? Do you see more than that pretty face staring back at you? Something on the other side of those eyes? cool

And on the subject of this thread, what do you think of Genesis 5:2? How does it explain more people on Earth than Adam, Eve and Cain?

3. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why are you bringing up Einstein and fabricating stories about him? What does that have to do with anything?

So, rather than attempting to correct me regarding the creation story, you toss that out?

Terrible behavior.

4. lone77star profile image72

Too many take the Bible literally. The wisdom in there isn't that easy. You have to have humility to find it -- something most of these jokers will never find enough of.

One clue: Genesis 5:2, "Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created."

So, what does this have to do with it? If you read carefully, you see that here Genesis is describing a group named "Adam," not an individual. This Adam was male and female. This was humanity. How many? It doesn't say.

How do you think the early patriarchs lived to such outrageous ages? Methuselah may have been an individual, but Methuselah was also a tribe, like the "Adam" tribe.

There is even a timeline in Genesis compatible with those of science. But like I said, it takes humility to find it.

In other words, defend your beliefs even if they make no sense.  Go ahead make your beliefs make sense, cause the controlling directive is GODDUNIT!

4. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

He placed a dark mark right, a bruise from bouncing his head off the ground in repentance,  in the center of his fore-head... sound familiar to any muslims? hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa smile

Ah it is too early to laugh so hard.

1. profile image0

hehe
      naughty  hmm

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

getitrite wrote
    What makes you always think that your INTERPRETATION of the bible is the correct one?

= - = - =
      me
       Did you consider that question beore you wrote it?
    Who doesn't think their version is the correct one?

I am no diferent than you in that regard
    = =  - ---

getitrite wrote
      I don't need your interpretations,  and I don't know what was mis-translated, and neither do you.

==  ==  ==
      me
      How do you know what I do or don't know?  You don't.

====  --  ---

getitrite wrote
    Stop pretending that you know something that others don't know, please

==  ==  ==

me
      Does my presence here bother you?
      Why?
      Because I do not agree with everything you pretend to know?

Your presence here doesn't bother me, but arrogant displays of pseudo-knowledge does.

Do you have no mirrors in your house?   Guess not.

I take the bible literally.  I don't see any reason not to.

In my opinion, you seem to perceive the bible through some other means.  Again, I could be wrong.  Just my opinion.

I guess one is not superior to the other, when the book in question is dubious in the first place.

But just for clarification, Could you explain how you came up with this tribe symbolism or idea?

But just for clarification, Could you explain how you came up with this tribe symbolism or idea?

= = - - =

me     Huh ?

2. profile image0

take this literally
            Genesis 3:7   And the EYES of them both were OPENED, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

DID THIS LITERAL PHRASE IMPLY THEIR EYES WERE PREVIOUSLY CLOSED?

1. profile image0

Getitrite said:
              I take the bible literally.  I don't see any reason not to.

I said:
              take this literally
              Genesis 3:7   And the EYES of them both were OPENED, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

DID THIS LITERAL PHRASE IMPLY THEIR EYES WERE PREVIOUSLY CLOSED?

then i said:
              What no rant to this post Getitrite?

1. profile image0

I guess you did not take my post literally when i asked you to respond to my post.

Sorry, I simply overlooked this post.

It very well could have been that their eyes were previously closed.  The outcome would still have been the same.

Stop trying to exploit a loophole.

1. profile image0

k
                  so we will end this wrong belief of yours to take the bible literally.

figures of speech in the bible:
                  simile, metaphor, irony, metonymy, hyperbole, personification, apostrophe and synecdoche:            Parables, allegories and types

6. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Could the story of Cain have been purely symbolic? Could it have been code for something completely different than murder and retribution?

The story doesn't make sense when taken literally. Okay, some of these jackels will never take the Bible seriously. That's their loss. It takes humility to find answers. Even scientists know this, if they're worth their salt.

How does the story of Cain not make sense? Why would a loving God who later condemns murder (see Ten Commandments) give such outlandish protection to a murder and a liar? If you take this literally, you miss the point by several light years.

The mark placed on Cain was symbolic and also a coded clue for decyphering the Genesis timeline (which clearly does not match reality at 6000 years for everything). Read it again. The mark was very clear. And it was symbolic.

And why would a descendant of Cain, Lamech, claim for himself similar protection of seventy-seven times the hurt? This is another important clue.

What if the story is not of murder and retribution, but one of life and procreation? Anyone who knows God would know that the literal story does not jive. Anyone with enough humility would search for the answer and find it not on the literal page.

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

You must be just oozing humility I see. smile

8. earnestshub profile image80

I don't know how much can be learned from one who uses sarcasm like a blunt sword and who's posts are ripe with snide ego driven abuse, but like it or not, it seems we are about to find out.

Thanks, Earnest. You've pointed out the obvious. You win a gold star! smile

But nowhere in any of the religious forums have I seen you add anything meaningful to the conversation. In fact, it seems you enjoy dishing out such ascerbic wit and snide ego, yourself. I think my point is made by your presence. lol

Have you even mentioned the "mark upon Cain?" Or is an intellectual discussion about the topic at hand beneath your lofty ego?

Oh, com on.

9. earnestshub profile image80

You have been here over a year and that's all ya got? lol

You will disappear up your log again when the going gets going. lol

1. profile image0

whatever
      but i did like the fact he noticed your lack of intelligent debate or even meaningful conversation (unless you are applauding some atheist bedfellow for being likewise deceived as yourself)

acerbic wit and snide ego... you do indeed reap what  you sow huh.
      maybe its time after all these years to forgo with your acerbic wit and snide ego or are they too comfy for ya lol

I see where lone77 is coming from and the point that he tells it like it is is not antichristian nor is it puffed up or egotistical.. its just fair.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)