If Adam and Eve were the only two people on Earth, who did their children marry?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 51 discussions (70 posts)
  1. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

If Adam and Eve were the only two people on Earth, who did their children marry?

2. Plummercor profile image57
    Plummercorposted 14 years ago

Well the first question that needs to be asked is. Did Adam and Eve really exist? We have to understand that the First part of Genises is a Creation Poem. It is not an actual event. For how would Moses know what happened. He was not even alive. Yet maybe Adam and Eve did exist and at the time God created them. He created other humans as well. Let us remember that God Bara (Creates). His Nature is to create. So it would make since that there would of been other people created. But since Moses, wrote Genesis He would of only come from his perspective to explain to his children, grandchildren, how  humans and life came about. And the thing with Moses is he would write and than in the middle of his writing he would start writtin in poetry form. This is a poem to help the Isrialites understand themselves.

3. profile image0
    JimLowposted 14 years ago

If you'll note, people who lived during the first generations after direct creation, had lifespans that were 900 years, etc... Sons born to Adam and Eve (Cain & Abel for example) might not have married for a hundred or two hundred years after their own births. In this case, the women they married might have been several generations apart from them, by todays standard of generations being about 40 years in length. They would not have grown up with these siblings and would have been more like distant cousins to them than sisters.

4. lionswhelp profile image66
    lionswhelpposted 14 years ago

Adam and Eve's children married among themselves. Starting with Cain who knew his wife which at that time was one his sisters . Lamech the son of Enoch who was a son of Cain had two wifes, Genesis 4:17-19.
    Seth also married a wife  and had sons andf daughters who came later. It is obvious that Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters,   Genesis 5:6-7. The Bible doesn't say how many but Adam lived 930 years and produced a lot of children.

The Lionwswhelp

1. Kathy Kelley profile image55
      Kathy Kelleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Where do it say Cain married his sister

5. truthbetold61 profile image61
    truthbetold61posted 14 years ago

People try to play the gotcha game with questions like these. If you believe the biblical account, the only logical conclusion to a question like," Where did Cain get his wife?" He married his sister. The Bible clearly states, Eve was the mother of all living, Not everyone born is listed. God told them to be fruitful and multiply. And they did just that. It also says, they bore sons AND daughters. Cain obviously married one of them.

Where does it say that?

6. Anamika S profile image70
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

There was no standards set that time. So they married among themselves to multiply which was the only option available at the time. In fact Cain and Abel were only the first born of Adam and Eve they had more sons and daughters too.

7. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

They either married each other, or aliens.
    Depends on how much fantasy your mind wants with this subject.

There aren't a lot of other choices are there?

So here's another twist: What if Adam and Eve were symbols of early humankind, iconic examples of the "every man" and "every woman" and what if we really don't know the complete details of the "beginning."

We have proof of dinosaurs, but they don't figure into the Bible, do they? At least not definitively. So I think there's more to the story than the Bible provides.

1. Kayte profile image40
      Kayteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

First of all the bible says that God made everything in seven days but no one knows how long a day is to God. We are just assuming that we know but what we do know is that God created the animals then humans starting the human race with Adam and Eve.

8. Farmer Jon profile image60
    Farmer Jonposted 14 years ago

Just read the Bible.  It says they married women from the city of Ur, not that God made them from ribs or any of the sort.  However, that does raise the question of, "a city?"  Yes, the city of Ur.  A city full of people, males and females.

1. Kayte profile image40

Where does the bible say that any of Adam and Eves children married any one from the city of Ur

9. Joviman profile image61
    Jovimanposted 14 years ago

I think it's important to answer this question honestly. I myself have wondered about this when I attempted reading the entire Bible on my own to gain first hand knowledge. By the way, I discovered astonishing facts from this singular venture. The answer is simply that they married their own sisters. Abraham is a good example of this. Sarah was actually Abraham's half sister and she became his wife (Gen 20:12). There had been two attempts to take Sarah, who was misconstrued as Abraham's sister alone by deception, as a wife (Gen 12:13,19; 20:2,5). Obviously, Sarah must have been very pretty to attract such attention. Also in similar fashion, Isaac lied about Rebekah being his wife(Gen 26:9). Rebekah and Isaac were first cousins, also Jacob and Rachael/Leah (Gen 24:23-24; 29:10, 15-18). But what I can certainly infer is that there was a strong culture of sexual fidelity. The issue of sexual intercourse did not arise until she became his wife and God thwarted efforts by two men to commit adultery with Sarah. To my understanding of the time, a wife is the woman the man was sleeping with. Otherwise, she would be a prostitute. When Jacob's daughter was taken advantage of in Gen 34 by someone who was in love with her, it resulted in a massacre. Sexual chastity was obviously upheld in their culture. However, the practice in contemporary culture where relatives don't marry must have began with the Law of Moses where God specifically commanded abstinence from sexual relations among close relatives and from other forms of sexual immorality like gay relationships and bestiality (Lev 20:10-21). Even in contemporary times when we are supposed to be under grace, sexual fidelity is still the standard as when we were under the Law (Acts 15:28-29). I guess the earlier culture of marrying among relatives facilitated procreation. Men became divided when God introduced different tongues among them (Gen 11:1-9). Anyhow, since it was God who created us, we must live according to his standard and expectations.

10. eccles profile image60
    ecclesposted 14 years ago

Those who take the Bible seriously should not. It is the worst book of fiction ever written. Why dont you find out the true origins of the bible, the origins of Judeo/Christianity which comes from Ancient Egypt and its religion. Read about Council of Nicea and Emperor Constantine and find out how the bible was compiled leaving out over 50% of scriptures. Read the true reason why Christianity was made the official religion of the Roman Empire. Read about all the mistranslations and editing of the bible remembering that there are NO extant orininal authored manuscripts. Then you will realise how you have been hoodwinked.

What has been going on in your life since this brassy statement my friend

11. oscarwms profile image61
    oscarwmsposted 14 years ago

What came first the chicken or the egg? If you answer my riddle i'll answer yours. No, I was just kidding. smile
    The law had not been given, sin had not took it's foothold on the human gene pool. So they were allowed to marry their sisters and brothers without it being called insest. God knew that as man progresed furhter and futher away from the perfect bodies that Adam and Eve had that marrieing ken would cause all kinds of birth defects. God  does  not make remedies as an after thought. He foreknew that this would happen so he made sure this was coverd  under the law.

12. johnnyfr profile image60
    johnnyfrposted 14 years ago

It's only a story - don't panic about it!

13. MrRhee profile image53
    MrRheeposted 14 years ago

Reading the English version of Genesis is one thing.  But reading the original Hebrew text is something completely different!

This response is based on the original Hebrew text of Genesis. But you can look for the clues left in the English version provided you're not familiar with the original Hebrew.

100s of 1000s of years pass in Genesis 1, alone. Large amounts of time pass during and between verses! It is not as instantaneous as the English version makes it appear. Six days is not literal; in Hebrew its more like Six Chronicles or Six Ages!

Mankind initially evolved in Genesis 1:24 where it says: Let the earth bring forth (this is Evolution) Living Creatures (this is Human Beings)!  They were running around at the same (primitive) state of evolution as the other animals and reptiles that evolved.

In Genesis 1:26, the Elohiym (a collective God Continuum who arrived in Genesis 1:2) said: Let us make mankind! Mankind was the result of making the primitive humans over in the image and likeness of the Elohiym.

In essence, the original statement was more like: Let's give these primitive humanoids a MAKEOVER so they look more like US; i.e. standing erect; rational thought; capabile of speech.  But these people were more like: Neanderthals.

In Genesis 2:7 (100s/1000s of years later), a completely different thing happened! A single Elohiym (what is meant by the LORD God [YHWH of the Elohiym]) fashioned an individual Human of his own.  This was the next level of upgrade.  This Human resembled Cro-Magnon; the first prototype!  He was immediately segregated from his predecesors by confining him to the Garden (of Eden).

There were hords of people living OUTSIDE the Garden.  This guy, commonly known as Adam, was the only Human living INSIDE the Garden.  After the humans (Adam & Eve) were expelled from the Garden, they became well acquainted with everyone else!  And were probably treated very special!  That is why, after Cain murdered Abel, his primary concern was that everyone who loved Abel would want to avenge him!

1. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Agreed! "There were hords of people living OUTSIDE the Garden."  The Bible is the genealogy of JESUS not ALL mankind!  Sons of God (Chosen or Jesus' genealogy) & sons of man (evil)!

2. Kayte profile image40

Ok that is so not true.. I cant even begin to tell you how much of it is not true but get thee behind me satan.

14. profile image0
    no1demonposted 14 years ago

i dont think marriage was about then and if the bible is anything to go by then  if adam and eve were the first two people on earth then i can only sumise that were all born out of incest

15. treasuresyw profile image60
    treasuresywposted 14 years ago

Who says that Adam and Eve were the only people on earth at that time. The Bible is supposed to be an account of a certain lineage of people. It is said that Cain was sent to the land of Nod which is where he found and married his wife.

I also see a lot of statements that say that there was no "standard" set. Who defines the standards of life? If there were anything wrong with them marrying amongst each other, according to our creator, he would have put different families in the garden instead of allowing them to marry each other. Not that I'm marrying my brother but "standards" were established by people the same as most everything else. The creator is so much bigger than all that. We can not fully grasp it all. Some things we may not ever know or understand. Peace

1. Kayte profile image40

The bible says that there were no other people on the earth hence the saying that Adam and Eve where the first man and woman. Just saying..

16. terced ojos profile image60
    terced ojosposted 14 years ago

Hmmm. This is interesting. So incest wasn't incest until God told Moses to tell Aaron to write that incest was a sin? Hmmmmm. For an all powerful God he sure is short-sighted.  Why not create other sets of humans so as not to get all the genetic problems with inbreeding? Oh...wow did I just second guess what God did? I think I'm in danger of hell-fire. smile. Yuck. Have sexual relations with my sister. Eeeeeeeew.  You'd have to be pretty hard-up or perverted to do something like that.  Guess what I didn't need a book to tell me that something like incest is just wrong.   The bible is so contradictory.  Yes you can have lots of wives, no you can only have one wife, yes you can sell you daughter into slavery, no way if you sell your daughter into slavery we'll put you in jail.  Yes God created slavery and gave us rules for it, no free the slaves.  Yes God believes in killing people who kill other people, no capital punishment is wrong before God.....Sheeeesh. How does anyone know what to think about the many seemingly different opinions God has?

1. Kayte profile image40

Okay if you notice that people didnt have many genetic problem is Genesis and most people lived a very long time. God started the human race so only one choice you had to sleep with sis. But he stopped that soon after it was just to get a jump start.

17. kenya! profile image59
    kenya!posted 14 years ago

Haha, well...
    Because, adam and eve WEREN'T the only two people on Earth.
    If they were, we would all be retarded because of inbreeding.
    You should that documentary called Religulous by that comedian guy, it was pretty funny. Although I do respect people believing what they want to believe, I can't say it's not outrageous to seriously believe that we are the result of two people who lived in a magical garden with a talking snake...

18. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 14 years ago

I know I will catch a lot of flack for this one since I am a Christian / catholic but I have asked a similar question for years of priest, nuns Reverends of different denominations, ie Baptist, Lutheran, United Church even Jehovah's Witnesses.

My main point in my question is now and always has been, after Cain kills Abel and then God banishes Cain and then in Genesis: 4: v.17 " and cain knew his wife"  My question has always been a little tongue in cheek, Where did his wife come from? Immigration?
    The fact of the matter is we do not know how much time passed from the time that Abel is killed and Cain actually leaves, and we don't know how many other children were born of Adam and Eve, what we do know is that Adam lived to be I believe 960 years old.

19. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

Another little "minor detail" in the Bible.

20. GusTheRedneck profile image59
    GusTheRedneckposted 14 years ago

I do not really have an "answer" to this exact question, but I have a question about it: to wit - How come we now see white folks, black folks, yellow folks, red folks, beige folks, hairy folks, non-hairy folks, dumb folks, smart folks, short folks, tall folks, and skeletons (etc.) of so many other kinds of folks IF everyone who lives today came from one single couple's genes? Fair enough?

1. Bizik Add profile image58
      Bizik Addposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You certainly agree with me that atmospheric conditions on earth differ. E.G Too much exposure  to sun tans the skin, I'm sure you know that - the tower of Babel incident sent groups packing to different ends of the earth, thus...

2. Kayte profile image40

The tower of Babel was also the change of the persons genetic makeup, when God changed the language I assume that he also made the color of the skin to match that color.

21. Debarshi Dutta profile image64
    Debarshi Duttaposted 14 years ago

Biblically I have not an answer...

but if you look at it like Charles Darwin did..2 or more monkeys woke up one fine morning as men and women and so it began, officially..as homo sapiens and not monkeys.

22. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 14 years ago

lets crunch some numbers.
    adam and eve had cain and abel, cain slew abel okay when did cain slew abel. "gen4:3 and in the process of time" meaning the amount of time in years it took till cain and abel were able, hehe to present their own offerings. Now a day is a day according to gen 1 so 365 days would equal a years growth even if it isn't marked on a calendar yet. cain slew abel after the fall just to note. So lets see, perhaps 12 yrs until the boys are old enough to handle fire and offer sacrifice to god, lets say 14yrs. (of course with that water barrier around the earth and things being big in those days.. it might be only 7 years since the boys were BIG enough to handle fire etc..oh well lets continue anyway) and cain and abel are the oldest. the next child was a male, seth. so lets backtrack for a sec. At age 14 cain slays abel and i bet god quickly banishes him gen 4:16 at 14 yrs of age. The stats worsen as he gets younger.
    So 2 boys 14yrs of age, one dead, along comes seth, vs 25. no daughters mentioned and cain is outta there!!!!
    Hmmmm. The geneology says adam begat seth, so since seth came after cain and abel... where did cains wife come from?
       If eve had female daughters during the 14yrs of cains growing up his wife would be 15 or younger, (now im assuming adam is a god fearing man with every good intention toward god in the very fibre of his repentant being hehe) with a ratio of equal number of girls to guys there could only be 7 daughters ranging from 2-13 a bit young for marriage, (if eve popped one out every year without a break, i bet she had an occasional break from pregnancy or she's like super breeder) INSPITE of the small detail that eve is not going to let her daughter run off with the worlds first murderer! Say what u like about girls liking bad boys, this guys is banished with a mark from god after killing the (probably better) brother. No way is any girl from adam and eves lineage gonna fall head over heels for cain.

So the only obvious conclusion is that adam was the governor over the OTHER inhabitants of the garden, which is typical of how god relates to people. One man is always in charge or responsible for the others.
    So when adam and eve produced that last sin that broke the camels back so to speak and god kicked all the inhabitants out of the garden some went north, some south, adam and his family went eastward, some went to the land of nod where cain ended up and knew his wife whom he met there.
    you are welcomed smile
    contact me if you have any further questions and i may hub this answer.. god showed me so i know it authentic.

1. Kayte profile image40

It says nothing at all about how old there children were. it just said that Cain gave god his offering and Able gave god his offering and that Cain was jealous of Able and killed him but it says nothing about how old they were, men lived long lives.

23. dabeaner profile image62
    dabeanerposted 14 years ago

There are a lot of answers here.  Regardless, it is a dumb question of interest only to religious wackos with no knowledge of history and evolution.

24. Kevin Peter profile image59
    Kevin Peterposted 14 years ago

In Genesis, it is said that Adam and Eve had children and have mentioned the names of three- Cain, Abel and Seth. Others names have not been mentioned, even though they had other sons and daughters too. May be, the children might have married among themselves since there were no any other humans on earth.

25. jdaviswrites profile image73
    jdaviswritesposted 13 years ago

To begin, I can in no way try to quote the Bible. It seems like you are looking for a simple answer like "eachother" or "Steve and Mary, neighbors from across the field," but that's impossible. For one, what if Adam and Eve weren't the only two people on Earth? What if they never existed? Furthermore, who said anything about marriage? Does this mean that God created the tradition of marriage? "On the 4th day, God said let humans gather on a set date, exchange finger rings, drink wine, and then spend every day together from that day on!"

Maybe i'm being an a$$, but there is a lot more than a simple one word answer here. It's always nice to see other people's opinions on the matter though...

Is there such a thing as Skype debate? maybe Skype debate: Hubpages edition.

1. Kayte profile image40

Okay the the bible says that Adam and Eve were the only two people, and yes God created the tradition of marriage and there was no exchange of rings or drinking of wine to celebrate it.

26. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 13 years ago

The larger question is, if Cain killed Abel, and the only other people on earth were Adam and Eve, why was Cain afraid that he would be killed by others?  Why did God have to mark him?

On one hand there are potentially two creation stories woven into the Genesis depiction. While there are two people, one male and female, written being created on the same day as other animals, there is another creation in the Garden of Eden.

Why the separation of stories?

Later in the book of Genesis, God punishes his people because the "Sons of God" were intermingling with the "Daughters of Men."

Again, why the separation?  It supports the idea that there were perceived to be two creations of human beings, yet only one kind would be physically formed by God.

Another issue is patriarchy in the Bible.

In the creation story Eve is not formed by God out of the earth, as Adam is. Rather, she is made out of Adam's rib, which symbolizes the concept that women are property of men.

Secondly, Eve is created because God feels sorry for Adam, as opposed to being genuinely interested in forming her.

To compound this, and promote the concept that women are materialistic and cannot be trusted, Eve is all on her own, and she is seduced by this masculine Satan and the beautiful looking fruit of Good and Evil.

The classic story of the woman who brings down her man is told in Genesis, and it is this type of garbage that has enabled men to build up their false sense of gender superiority and priviledge.

If there had been an Adam and Eve, and they had children, it has been proposed that they were born in sets. When Abel was born a female would be born with him. This would ensure that God was not angered because they married foreignors (something constantly criticized and punished in the Bible), but at the same time perpetuates the idea that women are not important, for the Bible makes no mention of this phenomena.

But, I don't believe this pairing ever existed, so this is all merely interpretation and analysis of a literary piece in my opinion.

1. Kayte profile image40

Just a note the sons of God where the angels and the daughters of men were the human women so that is why there was a separation. Just saying...

27. profile image49
    unk0wnposted 13 years ago

Maybe adamn and eve were way different looking to us, and so their children did deform through imbreeding, to create all the races we have today , hence the slight deformitty in skin color or eyes and whatever else.. just a random stab in the dark. smile

28. siamk2 profile image58
    siamk2posted 13 years ago

Ans of quest is another quest. i.e...Only Adam was there alone when this world created.He was and he was the only guy on the earth.He requested God to get rid him off from this loneliness ,then EVE was created from his left RIB.so question arises that Eve created from Adam..and then they spend life like Wife and Husband to continue Mankind. ..............its should be done like this?....
    Cindyvine ....you are asking this question bcoz of Adam and Eve...and now you are objecting on the merriages of their offsprings......

29. blackhatworld profile image60
    blackhatworldposted 13 years ago

Better yet "who" married them" and where did they go to get their marriage licence...

1. Kayte profile image40

God married them and the marriage license didnt come until much later in history.

30. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

their siblings. back then there was no choice.

31. Ingenira profile image75
    Ingeniraposted 13 years ago

as I read the answers which mostly said... "the brother and sisters married among themselves', I was thinking, then, everyone of us in this world is "related" to each other.

32. Sinbadsailorman profile image59
    Sinbadsailormanposted 13 years ago

Where and when I first came to Christ or to Jesus I was always confused as many new comers are even still are many long time Believers. The story of Creation has a many religions confused and mystified. But the Christians stories and their Bible... read more

33. motricio profile image68
    motricioposted 13 years ago

jajaja this is a good one,
    And yet: Who goes first chicken or egg?
    Maybe apes? We got de-evolved, and them re-evolved?
    big_smile

34. profile image48
    Nikki 1127posted 13 years ago

your answer...in Genesis 1:26 God made humans. Adam and Eve were the first two people in the Garden of Eden.

35. roadrockafella profile image60
    roadrockafellaposted 13 years ago

In one of the studies, the book of Genesis was intended, other than a creation story, during the time of King Solomon when he had his mistresses and concubines. They wrote the creation story for telling him his polygamist lifestyle so that he'd learn from the Bible's teachings. So, basically Genesis is not that downright factual. I'm no expert at this is, but it makes sense when you think about it.

36. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 13 years ago

Misreading of genesis on an epic scale has led to this misconception. Man, male and female, as created on the sixth day were given dominion over the entire earth, Adam and Eve, on the other hand were assigned to a particular address: 1 Tree of Knowledge Lane, Garden Of Eden. Dominion man/ Garden Man...there is a definite difference. Dominion Man is created by God. In the Garden, we are walking with Lord God, and in the case of Cain and Abel, we are dealing with Lord. Remember, each identification of the divine is one, yet separate, so each instance is a separate aspect of the creation story, so there is actually Pre-Garden Man, Garden Man, and Post Garden Man. Each one has their attributes, and shows EVOLUTION.

37. profile image0
    David99999posted 13 years ago

This is one of many issues I have with the biblical creation story. I think it's time humanity woke up to scientific facts.

38. Neon_Letters profile image59
    Neon_Lettersposted 13 years ago

Because it didn´t happend at all i mean you have Cain and Abel... and suddenly Cain marries a girl... where did that girl came from!?

1. profile image49
      Juno Smithposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh, oh, need to read it to talk about it, they had many brothers and sisters...

39. Dweiss profile image57
    Dweissposted 13 years ago

Each other. Back then they didn't have enough interfamily marriages for the genetic problems to begin showing up. My guess is God allowed them to do so, so that they could multiply without there being major problems, at least for a while.

40. royblizzard profile image79
    royblizzardposted 13 years ago

You are asking a question awry as you are asking a question about which your words don't mean the same thing you are thinking in English as they do in Hebrew. Take the ADAM. This is a compound word in Hebrew. The A or aleph stands for both the creative aspects of God - Elohim and covenential aspects of God-YHWH. The word DAM is the Hebrew word for Blood, hence we wind up with the proper meaning of the word ADAM meaning Blood of the Creative and Covenential God. The text says that God created both males and females and called their name ADAM. So both were called the Blood of God for a reason. Later in a closer look at the way God created Man and Woman we find that God takes (in Hebrew a Tzelah-today the word for a cell or used for the ribs of a ship or a regular rib in the sence that encapsules or incarcerates something) a cell from the Male Adam and reconfigures it-thank you God- and we now have woman-EVE or Hevah which basically means the living one or life giver. These two then have many children, but the text only concerns itself with the male lineage for the most part so the women only show up in the Hebrew text by the word marker called "et". If Adam and Eve were having many children then in just 100 years there would be many many offspring to go around.

1. Kayte profile image40

No it doesn't God created Man and called him Adam, Eve was called woman until her husband named her. Just saying...

41. LeeWalls profile image60
    LeeWallsposted 13 years ago

The reason they were able to do that was because they were closer to perfection; remember they were to fill the earth.

However, when Adam and Eve sinned they would eventually grow old and die just like their offspring, thus they were no longer allowed to marry each other, that was condemned because of blood ties.

"You people must not come near, any man of YOU, to any close fleshly relative of his to lay bare nakedness. I am Jehovah." Leviticus 18:6

The account in Leviticus states it very clear.

42. Bill Yovino profile image88
    Bill Yovinoposted 13 years ago

The brides were delivered on flying unicorns. At the ceremony, pixies and elves danced around a litter of fluffy, magical Easter bunnies. A better question might be "Where were they registered, and how many toasters did they get?"

43. aslanlight profile image65
    aslanlightposted 13 years ago

The Bible stories aren't literal. There are historical accounts in them and Jesus was a historical person but it contains metaphors, stories, songs and parables.

44. tlynn6420 profile image61
    tlynn6420posted 12 years ago

Each other....which is very disturbing.  So if you believe in the Bible(I don't)  then we are all imbred.

45. ibbarkingmad profile image58
    ibbarkingmadposted 12 years ago

They got married to each other. Not sure of the details, but I am fairly sure that the genetic aspect of the matter allowed for and prevented the issues of inbreeding that we currently face with genetic divergence.

46. P.B. Townsend profile image59
    P.B. Townsendposted 12 years ago

An excellent, thoughtful, detailed, biblical response can be found here: http://www.answersingenesis.org/article … ains-wife. There will always be nay-sayers looking for ways to disprove or disregard the Bible so they can justify whatever way of life it is that they wish to live--so they can continue to justify their rebellion and resistance against God their Creator.

47. profile image50
    shlomowitzposted 12 years ago

If you read Genesis carefully you will see there are two creations.  In Chapter one lines 26 and 27 read:

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Later in Chapter 2 God made Adam and Eve

7: And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    8: And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

So you see there were men and women in the world before Adam and Eve.  That's why Cain could run off to Nod and get married.

1. Kayte profile image40

Wow NO!

48. profile image52
    shona-09posted 10 years ago

Long time ago brothers were allowed to marry their own sisters or sister

49. profile image49
    Juno Smithposted 8 years ago

their own brothers and sisters, remember when Cain was sent away for being a hateful jealous murderer, he took one of his poor sisters with him… really? what did SHE do wrong? Probably to avoid zoophilia!

50. Shahab Malik profile image61
    Shahab Malikposted 7 years ago

The true story mention in the Holy Quran. which include all the detail

1. Kayte profile image40

Sorry but NO!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)