jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Galations 1:10

1. LCGreen profile image60
    LCGreenposted 6 years ago

"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."

2. profile image0
    SirDentposted 6 years ago

Gal 1:11  But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
    Gal 1:12  For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

3. getitrite profile image79
    getitriteposted 6 years ago

Gal 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

1. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 6 years agoin reply to this

and God hand picked him to become apostle number 12. Staggering

4. aka-dj profile image77
    aka-djposted 6 years ago

2;15>>> We being Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
    16yet knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we believed on Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
    17But if, while we sought to be justified in Christ, we ourselves also were found sinners, is Christ a minister of sin? God forbid.
    18For if I build up again those things which I destroyed, I prove myself a transgressor.
    19For I through the law died unto the law, that I might live unto God.
    20I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I that live, but Christ living in me: and that life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith which is in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me.

5. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago

Is this a discussion or a Scripture copy and paste fest?

hmm

6. IntimatEvolution profile image71
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

I was enjoying it.  I thought it was interesting how different people started quoting scripture.  You don't see that around here very often.  Matter of fact I loved it for whatever that is worth.smile

7. LCGreen profile image60

lol Thank you so much SirDent, getitrite and aka-dj. I love it when people speak the Truth. Thank you IntimatEvolution for the comment. I didn't realize when I joined that people would be so kind but you all are. Motown2Chitown feel free to chime in lol I would love to hear from all of you any time of the day! Thank you so much everyone!

1. getitrite profile image79
      getitriteposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I thought we were playing a game of "writing the next verse"

I was just mocking SirDent.big_smile

I have no real need for most scripture, but if you got something out of this, good for you! because I surely didn't. Couldn't really understand the relevancy!

Sorry.

8. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago

LC, just so you know, I wasn't being rude.  I just find it interesting that threads like this pop up occasionally.  I would imagine that the benefit of sharing Scripture is to examine it, or discuss its particular meaning for you.  It seems silly to step into a thread where it's just followed by one quote after another, but no one actually talks about it.  If I wanted to simply read Scripture, I would grab my Bible.

Take no offense, I was just a little befuddled.

hmm

9. LCGreen profile image60

lol Motown I promise I wasn't offended or thought you were rude. I just like hearing people's two sense sometimes. I love opinion and scripture. Unfortunately there are people out there with no bible who sees these threads and it gets them thinking. Your Bible is for your personal use but the Scripture is for everyone to see, it's God's heart to share. I understand where you are coming from and appreciate the comment and feel free to talk about the Scripture if you like because I do love to talk about His word. I hope there are others to talk about it too!

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful!  big_smile  And, welcome to HubPages, btw.  I hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I have. 

Peace!

10. LCGreen profile image60

Well, mocking or not I still loved it. Thank you getitrite. I hope to hear more of the scripture you do need. smile

11. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 6 years ago

If one is true, so is the other
    "for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ"
         if i please Christ i should not be the servant of men

James 1:2   
       ...count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
                How opposite are the ways of our God!

working