jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Mark Knowles this is for you

1. profile image0
    buddingwriterposted 9 years ago

You keep saying you have yet to see a genuine christian. Well look at Christ and you will see one. Cause when he comes no one will have any excuse why they missed out on heaven. If you look to man you will always fall, but look to God and you cannot go wrong.

1. PeterJ profile image59
      PeterJposted 9 years ago in reply to this

ummm, jesus was a Jew who fought to keep the religion pure. christians have since gone on to create a religion which apes his actions (communion etc) but is so far away from his spiritual teachings as to be unrecognisable.

as a Rabbi of that time, Jesus would be well practiced in Kabbalistic meditation (which aims to make a person more godlike) but I don't see this sort of thing encouraged by christians, merely "lead a good life and believe in god" and you'll be alright.

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Where can I look at one?

1. profile image0
      buddingwriterposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Not being disrespectful to anyone's belief, but even the powers of darkness acknowledge Him as the Holy One(Mark 1:23-24). Misha not 'at one' but The One. (Jeremiah 29:13). If one studies the bible prayerfully, with an open heart and with the sole purpose of attaining wisdom (that is the wisdom of God and not of man,Proverbs 3). Then they will come to know that there is, has always been, and always will be - only ONE GOD.(Revelation 22:13)

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
        Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago in reply to this

bw - just because it says it in a book, does not make it true. And I don't see this having anything whatsoever to do with my statement that I have yet to see a genuine christian.

And telling me to look at a mythical figure who has been dead for 2,000 years doesn't really help. Unless you are also suggesting that he was the one and only genuine christian ever, in which case I could go with that smile

1. profile image0
          buddingwriterposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Mark Knowles wrote:

bw - just because it says it in a book, does not make it true. And I don't see this having anything whatsoever to do with my statement that I have yet to see a genuine christian.

And telling me to look at a mythical figure who has been dead for 2,000 years doesn't really help. Unless you are also suggesting that he was the one and only genuine christian ever, in which case I could go with that smile

Am done. Just wanted to say that which I did. Thanks for reading and responding.

2. weblog profile image50
          weblogposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I liked it smile

3. AEvans profile image64
          AEvansposted 9 years ago in reply to this

BuddingWriter,
          I am a Christian and I do not understand why you are going after Mark as he has a right to believe in what he believes, you cannot push religion unless you are strong in the word of GOD and you are going at it the wrong way. Here is what our Lord says:
          Romans12: 9-13 Love must be sincere.Hate what is evil,cling to what is good. Be DEVOTED to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.Never be lacking in zeal,but keep your spiritual fervor serving the LORD. Be joyful in hope ,patient in AFFLICTION,faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
          A genuine Christian does not point out others failures or faults they only pray for them and go to others in need. You have pointed out Mark and that is not a Christian thing to do. Jesus if he was walking the earth today would not have done such a thing. So Mark is correct based on his percpetion Jesus is the only one as we all have fallen short of the Glory of GOD. You should apologize and go about it differently. Remember those 4 letters WWJD? If there are genuine Christians I as a Christian would have to say it is only 1 1/2% God would not convict you to do something like that. Work on yourself ,get deep into the word and you will do such fine. smile

working