A rant about Mark Knowles

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 76 discussions (245 posts)
  1. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 14 years ago

To Whom It May Concern,

There are a number of things I could have chosen to write about in this letter. I could have chosen to write about how Mr. Mark Knowles lusts for a world in which balmy, lawless barbarians alter, amend, abridge, and censor the record to point the finger of responsibility at others. Or I might have chosen to write something about the way that he is afraid of change. But, instead, I've decided to devote this entire letter to explaining how the surest way for Mark's partisans to succeed is for them to demonstrate an outright hostility to law enforcement. You see, I surely believe that besides being totally offensive and abusive, Mark's threats are seriously defamatory. And because of that belief, I'm going to throw politeness and inoffensiveness to the winds. In this letter, I'm going to be as rude and crude as I know how, to reinforce the point that you'll never hear Mark admit he made a mistake. More than that, Mark maintains that the ideas of "freedom" and "revanchism" are Siamese twins. That's not just a lie but is actually the exact opposite of the truth—and Mark knows it. Why is Mark deliberately turning the truth on its head like that? To rephrase that question, why doesn't Mark point a critical finger at himself for a change? That's the question that perplexes me the most because Mark should work with us, not step in at the eleventh hour and hog all the glory.

No matter how bad you think Mark's stances are, I assure you that they are far, far worse than you think. All right, enough of that. Now let's talk about something else. Let's talk about how if I may be so bold, Mark uses wowserism to break down our communities. That's the large elephant in the room that nobody talks about. Nevertheless, I assert that people really ought to start talking about it because then they'd realize that it is hardly surprising that Mark wants to reinforce the impression that repressive blowhards—as opposed to Mark's legates—are striving to perpetuate the nonsense known technically as the analytic/synthetic dichotomy. After all, this is the same merciless malcontent whose possession-obsessed prattle informed us that cultural tradition has never contributed a single thing to the advancement of knowledge or understanding.

This truth will be as pertinent six years as 60 years hence. He will almost certainly tiptoe around that glaringly evident fact because if he didn't, you might come to realize that he should be locked up. An obvious parallel from a different context is that Mark has all the characteristics of a dog except loyalty. Disguised in this drollery is an important message: If Mark continues to deliver an additional blow to dignity and self-worth, I will definitely be obliged to do something about him. And you know me: I never neglect my obligations. In the strictest sense, I sincerely hope you're not being misled by the "new Mark". Only his methods and tactics have changed. Mark's goal is still the same: to silence critical debate and squelch creative brainstorming. That's why I'm telling you that Mark apparently believes that plagiarism is the only alternative to nonrepresentationalism. You and I know better than that. You and I know that some people think it's a bit extreme of me to step back and consider the problem of Mark's op-ed pieces in the larger picture of popular culture imagery—a bit over the top, perhaps. Well, what I ought to remind such people is that Mark indisputably gives me the heebie-jeebies. There's nothing controversial about that view. It's a fact, pure and simple. It was a fact long before anyone realized that I no longer believe that trends like family breakdown, promiscuity, and violence are random events. Not only are they explicitly glorified and promoted by Mark's high-handed teachings, but the term "idiot savant" comes to mind when thinking of him. Admittedly, that term applies only halfway to him, which is why I believe that I am unequivocally not up on the latest gossip. Still, I have heard people say that Mark's causing all sorts of problems for us. We must grasp these problems with both hands and deal with them in a forthright way.

Mark has been known to say that trees cause more pollution than automobiles do. That notion is so disgusting, I hardly know where to begin refuting it. To borrow the immortal words of a certain, well-known authority figure, "We might be able to explain away many of Mark's larcenous, rash rantings as being merely the effect of bad drugs." What I'm saying is this: he thinks it would be a great idea to quote me out of context. Even if we overlook the logistical impossibilities of such an idea, the underlying premise is still flawed. In a similar vein, Mark's untrustworthy beliefs are largely due to his drawing mistaken conclusions from what he wrongly takes to be evidence. It's that simple.

While others have also published information about the most pigheaded hostes generis humani you'll ever see, my position is that Mark has shown he's not afraid to be nettlesome. He, in contrast, argues that the world can be happy only when his coalition of tasteless boors and voluble tax cheats is given full rein. This disagreement merely scratches the surface of the ideological chasm festering between me and Mark. The only rational way to bridge this chasm is for him to admit that he once tried convincing me that the sky is falling. Does he think I was born yesterday? I mean, it seems pretty obvious that Mark likes to seem smarter than he really is. It therefore always amuses me whenever he cracks open a thesaurus, aims for intellectualism, misses, and lands squarely in a puddle of obnoxious frippery. You have my word that Mark is as unholy as he is inconsiderate. Am I being too harsh for writing that? Maybe I am, but that's really the only way you can push a point through to Mark. A final note: Mr. Mark Knowles will adopt or abandon any principle to obtain power.

Yours Sincerely,
    God

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow.  I don't remember writing all that.

1. Teresa McGurk profile image59
        Teresa McGurkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh, good one -- lol

2. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha! big_smile

2. earnestshub profile image83
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sir this is outrageous!
      As a strict disciple of The Flying Spaghetti Monster and his earthly representative Mark knows (his real name)I find this blasphemous diatribe offensive!Please take it down, or you will see great retribution from all that is holy.The real and only god is The Spaghetti Monster, and Maddie is only god on hubpages!

1. cheaptrick profile image75
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Spaghetti Monster is not a Monster at all,just misunderstood cause very few of us have been giving him what he wants(sauce).How would You feel if you were Dry and tasteless cause your followers were holding back on your sauce and in all probability meatballs to,that would turn any God into a Monster.
        So I say to all believers
        STOP Bogarting your sauce and give the LORD what he wants.
        If you continue withholding the sauce and meatballs
        the Lord will strike you with a plague of Mongolian restaurants
        Peace be with you
        May the Great Spaghetti Monster bless you with Lasagna..

1. earnestshub profile image83

Auhhhhhh Lasagna! smile

1. Make  Money profile image65
            Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lasagna!!! mad

Like Rotini, Linguini, Fettuccini, Bikini and Martini, Lasagna is also a dry meatball-less sauce-less rival god to the Spaghetti Monster.  This is all out war!!! mad

2. cheaptrick profile image75

I bow to thee o Great Spaghetti monster.
        Two or three times a week i sacrifice meatballs to you.

.....and sausage too.....

3. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Holy moly!  God you really went off though I gotta tell ya I have never even heard some of those words that you used.  Then again you are God so...big_smile

This has been addressed several times but for some reason admin doesn't take note of it.  Anyways it was a very intriguing letter and I have noticed the same things myself but whenever me or anyone else says something about it, it backfires. no pun intended)

4. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dear god,

If you persist in defaming me in this fashion, I will have little recourse but to instruct my lawyers to make application to extend the gag order. We don't want a repeat of the last debacle do we now?

And as for sneakily posting this when I was asleep to delay my response - Typical underhandedness if I may be so bold. The sooner you get the time zone thing fixed as we discussed, the better.

As for the trees causing more pollution than cars - you even agreed this is the case because it says it in your silly little book. If only people would read it with their minds open they would see it says exactly whatever it is they wanted it to.

As an aside - I would like to thank my esteemed colleagues (nay - lesser prophets) for coming to my rescue in my time of need while I was sleeping off a bottle of wine too many taken with pasta in the proscribed way. Verily you are assured a place at my side in the Italian eatery in the sky - when the time comes. Ramen.

Yours nettlesomely,

Mark

P.S. We still on for tea later?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
        Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ROFL LOL LOL LOL hahahahahahaha!!!
        You are just too much!!

5. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dear God,
      Even when I'm shocked, disgusted, or upset with Mark, I laugh out loud.
      My heart has even raced once or twice causing my circulation to increase, thus promoting a slight "tingly" feeling all over.

I'll be damned, I thought this was the Holy Spirit.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure I was wrong.

Thanks for the nice letter. It didn't change me.

Best,
      U-NO-HOO

6. profile image0
      mdawson17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I applaud you for your boldness; I am blessed that someone stood up to him!

I am concerned that we feel that we must be pushed around by individual hypocrisy however; we must always maintain that each individual has the right to express their view regardless if it is (in our opinion ranting and raving or flat hatred). Mark has angered me many times (as well as many others); however he has also opened my eyes on a few subjects.

He truly has ran hubbers off (evident by personal emails that I have received before the hubber had left)!

I can understand your frustration and anger! I can truly respect your boldness; however now that your boldness has been published I want you to know that Mark will probably attack you with deceptive words and true hatred!

Please know that I support your thread in ever way (it was time for someone to stand up to his foolishness) I just hate to see your words come out as they did!

In Lou of all this I want you to know that if Mark does attack you in "Mark Knolls Way" please do not leave ! I enjoy your work and feel you a strong link in our hubber community! As you are one of the reasons I have stuck it out on Hub Pages!!!

mdawson17

7. atomswifey profile image56
      atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Very uhm, well, Wow.
      smile

8. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow great rant here, brave you darkside...

I tasted Mark wrath and trash talking already, he just said something to me that I will never forget in my lifetime, I quitted his fans club few weeks ago.

Thank you darkside... for the rant...

1. profile image0

You do realize this was a joke thread right?

9. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love that site.

10. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um, er, huh, okay?!

11. sooner than later profile image60
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"mark has all the characteristics of a dog except loyalty."

haha

2. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

darkside, you have such an interesting name and you write on behalf of God.  Were you coming from your dark side when you wrote about Mark?

3. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

Not the spaghetti monster!  It's the teapot in the sky!!

1. profile image0

Gosh!  Which one is it, the spaghetti monster or the teapot?

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
        GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The sky? Thats the thing with legs, right? And will someone PLEASE call the power company and tell them to turn down the bulb over california?! Its hot.

G|M

This.

2. cheaptrick profile image75

Please don't be mislead by False Gods'
        Its the spaghetti monster.
        I know cause when I pray I get RAGUed in my dreams...

lol

lol lol lol

More blaspheme!

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
        Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good grief, this forum exploded overnight and into the day!
        Now I know what you were talking about in the other forum post I ask you what FSM was!  OK back to reading the three other pages of this forum.
        LOL and lgad to see Mark did eventually chime right in!
        Where have you been!!!  Leaving me alone to fend for myself with no backup--hehehehehehe

4. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I love Southern California heat smile.  Of course I am a native California girl, but I really do not like chilly weather.

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL with all respect God, but I lost track somewhere in the middle of the second para. Too complicated and loaded English for me tongue

1. agvulpes profile image85
      agvulpesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

misha, me too plus I've got the concentration span of a one year old. Does the sky have legs? interesting question!

2. mandybeau profile image60
      mandybeauposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I snored off, well written, but How can the darkside know about God. Mark knowles is a better  writer still , ya jealous.

1. Andrew0208 profile image58
        Andrew0208posted 14 years agoin reply to this

How real is darkside lamentations about this rants on Mark?

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Did you even read it?

Sheesh Andrew - it is a joke - you know - fun................

Well constructed beyond defaming your "self." Well  read! Though many sided. What is your candid summary in understanding of his intial lamentations? Pls no sentiments.

"Mr. Mark Knowles lusts for a world in which balmy, lawless barbarians alter, amend, abridge, and censor the record to point the finger of responsibility at others."

"he should be locked up."

"Mark has been known to say that trees cause more pollution than automobiles do."

Funny. Laughed. Did not consider myself in any way defamed.

You, on the other hand told me I would be forgiven.

That - I find offensive, condescending and incorrect.

Why did you think I was defamed and needed to be forgiven. What exactly have I done that needs forgiveness?

No sentiments or invisible friends please. wink

6. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

What in the World???

7. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Earnest said . "Sir this is outrageous!
    As a strict disciple of The Flying Spaghetti Monster and his earthly representative Mark knows (his real name)I find this blasphemous diatribe offensive!Please take it down, or you will see great retribution from all that is holy.The real and only god is The Spaghetti Monster, and Maudie is only god on hubpages!."

A real disciple of the Flying Spaghetti Monster would know that Maudies's name is really Maddie.

Thanks Rochelle, and I can't even blame the spellchecker god!
      I would like to apologize to Maddie, but I won't, because it would be acknowledgments of her godliness.There is one true god...FSM

I am a benevolent goddess.  I forgive your transgression... but you owe me 50 non-spammy, non-substandard hubs in return.

Yipes! Non-spammy non-substandard..... fifty of em? Ouch!

2. darkside profile image64
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you hear that Earnest? Drop and give her fifty!

Ok already! Geez can't you wait till I consult the one and only true prophet Mark Knows?

3. agvulpes profile image85
          agvulpesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

See even Hubgoddesses give penance. cool

Penance? She wants Fifty GOOD hubs ag. That's like asking me to part the red sea!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
              Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where's your Faith??  (and you do have a spaghetti staff, don't you?)

I just need 3 more hubs, Misha will get the rest for me. He He.

8. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Mark finally got it, wink.  I expect thunderbolts to strike as well.

9. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 14 years ago

...wow! I thought i was the only one going mad here on hubpages? Now you guys should take it up! What are you waiting for? May be afraid to face the truth huh? Let me sit on the edge of the foundationless fence and just watch for now... nice letter and i'm expecting nice reactions too, not the type i have just witnessed above. Waiting before i'm murdered for intruding or mediating, where is great "Hupfler and co"?

10. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

some comments are nasty and are out of line I have to admit.  Everybody is entitled to their opinion and yes, sometimes Mark and Misha are mean to other hubbers just expressing their opinion.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There were a couple of cases where I had to apologize, yet mostly what goes around comes around. Both Mark and me are pretty soft with people who come here with genuine questions and such smile

2. accofranco profile image78
      accofrancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not just "nasty" in fact, "off point" and i wonder if they need psychiatric attention. And i also smell some op comments here, please face the fact and keep aside your personal greetings, you can pay your hubber friends a physical visits than using here as such medium.This guy raised an important issue and you guys are here chasing winds and flying stuffs or non-flying mummies...peace!

11. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Gods are cruel like that, this proves beyond any reasonable doubt Maddie is the Goddess tongue

Misha, you know how we share a love of cars and I'm yer mate and all..... do you reckon you could find me about 47 used hubs. They probably need to be not too spammy and not total crap like you write, (no offense)

I am scared of Maddie. It's the Mad part that worries me, the dy seems armless enough.She does look like a goddess though, and she is cruel expecting 50 good hubs from me.You and me both know that's impossible right?

If you have faith as small as a HubNugget, nothing shall be impossible unto you.

1. JamaGenee profile image78
          JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good one, Maudie...uh, Maddie...uh, Your Highest Holiness. 

lollollol

(Where's that bowing and scraping animation when ya need it?...)

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Let me see what I can do for you. I might need to ask Mark, Eric, and Hal though smile

13. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Acco, what exactly the word "peace" means right after a personal attack? You don't want us to beat you?

1. accofranco profile image78

Because its a personal opinion as well a suggestion, and never a conclusion so? But "Misha" don't you think i'm right? Let me know please, you can put me through, i'm always open to learn and adjustment.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Acco, you are obviously wrong. You misinterpreted the intention of OP, and jumped on the bandwagon thinking the thread is here for bashing Mark. It is not smile

1. profile image0

Its not?  Darn! LOL. big_smile

Misha is right! Mark is the true prophet of the FSM

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
            Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, 'twas I who first inducted him into the FSM.

I remember his investiture ceremony well. His beady little eyes glistened as his tiny noodle, the mark of a FSM neophyte, was presented to him.
            I believe that his noodle has greatly increased in size, commemmorating his rise through the FSM ranks.

That makes you the only true prophet of FSM, not Mark. Just how far up the ranks is he your holiness?

He's pretty far up - himself mostly. For a definitive answer you'd have to ask Jenny (Inspirepub).
                She's the High Pastess, and keeper of the Noodly Pasta Scrolls which tell all.

Ramen.

1. profile image0

Yip, this is true.  It was the Goddess Jenny, the High Pastess the keeper of the FSM who is worthy enough to unlock the secret and holy recipe ans She who holds the key to The Spaghetti Heaven factory and all it's devoted slave workers. smile

Holy bolognaise! I never realized the truth is all in the pasta scrolls, and here I was looking in the sauce, silly me!

A common mistake. Your noodliness will now increase in leaps and bounds. Soon, you'll be qualified to join Misha and the rest of the project team who are working on our top secret project to provide Fuel to nourish us:
                    "Turn Water into Pasta".

3. accofranco profile image78

I see? But still, i do often and regularly see so many off point comments on peoples' posts and hubs here regularly, its too bad, we should be working together as one instead of fighting one another. HP is just like our family now, let's behave like one, this is my dream.

14. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

LOL what has Mark down now or is this a general - its time to wind up Mark thread?
    accofranco - you kinda missed the point - totally
    @Maddie - all hail the great Goddess (don't want to have to do lots of non-spammy hubs yuck!)

15. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Darkside has raised many important questions and issues in his OP, and I'm disappointed that you are all treating it as a joke.

He's obviously spent many hours writing this important hub, and probably spent weeks compiling the information to make such accurate and intelligent comments.
    This is truly the best and most profound forum post that I have ever seen.  It introduced me to the amazing word "nettlesome".

He (darkside)has not bowed to the mighty one, and has blasphemed! Eric we usually agree, but you must admit darkside has a ......... dark side, he has not prayed to FSM, and think of all the work Mark had to do to produce the material that allowed him to write about him. Then instead of treating Mark with the respect he deserves as one deified by the Flying Spaghetti Monster itself he blasphemes!Cor, it's like havin a go at the bloody pope!

16. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

If I may - my records show that first was Her Noodly Holiness Jenny (inspirepub)

17. Eric Graudins profile image60

I have a MIRACLE* to report!

The FSM, in his infinite Wisdom, has demonstrated his incredible powers by getting this forum post to the TOP OF GOOGLE!.

Just search for
    a rant about mark knowles
    on Google and you too can witness this miracle.
    How this post is at the TOP OF TTHE SEARCH ENGINES.

Now isn't this a true demonstration of the all mighty power of the FSM?

===========================
    * its not really a miracle. It's just that if you search for a sentence that appears in only one place on the internet, then that page will appear at the top of the search engine listings.

And THIS is the trick that all the clueless floggers of dubious SEO use to trick you into following their advice, buying their ebooks, or selling their services.

The REAL part of successful SEO is getting this result for a term that thousands of people will search for. But they won't tell you that.

OK back to the thread. Lesson over.

Continuing your off-topic discussion (seeing that God used me to deliver the original post I don't think he'll mind me going off on a tangent here)... do a search for Celebrating Useless Keyword Victories and you'll see  a blog post I asked someone to write about that very same topic.

Your post highlights exactly the reaction and the reality of this practise.

I see hubs about it all the time.
        Even one that claimed God was responsible for getting some arcane phrase to the top of Google!. Sheesh!
        When I make a comment on these hubs, it usually gets deleted. Strange that! :-)

That's fantastic!

God's in the business of finding parking spots and highly placed long tail keywords in the SERPs.

18. Andrew0208 profile image58
    Andrew0208posted 14 years ago

Where is Mark Knowles? You've been forgiven. Go and sin no more.

Mark does not sin he is the annointed one of the FSM

Where is him? Hope he gets a good and fresh anointing not to bully the house anymore in this his silence.

2. accofranco profile image78

This is marvelous my lord. I lile your avatar. Forgive many others please?

3. Eric Graudins profile image60

Probably asleep.
      And he's going to be vewwy, vewwy busy when he finds this thread :-)

19. Quilligrapher profile image73
    Quilligrapherposted 14 years ago

What does all this mean, Darkside? When Mark sneezes, am I allowed to say "God bless you!"

Q.

1. profile image0
      nazishnasimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should say, "Darkside bless you!" big_smile.

20. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

Oh shit really - how come I almost as much of an atheist as Mark is ranking #1 for my name then?

21. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

?

Linda you would need to start further up the post to follow it.

22. profile image0
    Writer Riderposted 14 years ago

Why can't hubpages just be fun? Why do hubbers consider it necessary to engage in feuds or attempt to start them?

Writer Rider have you read it thoroughly? It is bloody hilarious! I think you missed the meaning!

2. darkside profile image64

It is. And Mark is a fun guy. Hence this thread.

3. Eric Graudins profile image60

Err - we are having fun.
      As well as providing information about the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and basic SEO.

Although if you're not familiar with the  friendship and respect that exits between many of the people taking part in this post, then it could appear to be otherwise.

23. Andrew0208 profile image58
    Andrew0208posted 14 years ago

Mark, good you're awake now. Refined chemicals in the body system could also defame. Straight to point now. You're not defamed, I said earlier "you've have been forgiven" What do we expect from you? Love or Hate? Since you may chose to love, then quit the bulling, I know you do it diplomatically having no regards for any.

Andrew - did you even read this?

I do not need or want your forgiveness. Nor your imaginary friend's - which you are not qualified to give. wink That is a selfish desire on your part - as we previously discussed. Forgiveness benefits the one doing the forgiving.

I know evolution seems to have removed the comedy gene from any one daft enough to believe the stuff you believe, but seriously - read it properly now.

Very interesting Mark, believing is a choice. I will not be that made fool by evolution either to broadly say there's no God.

Evolution has absolutely nothing to do with my decision that people like you are wrong. Nothing. I decided long before I understood evolution that you guys are 100% wrong. Your behavior certainly had a lot to do with it.

Quite right - believing is a choice. Based on nothing other than.. well, nothing. Empty lives - therefore there must be something else - oh yeah - it must be a god.

Evolution proves nothing other than the bible is not to be taken literally.

Of course - then I discovered pasta. How else could that have come into being naturally?

It can't. Simple. This is proof that the FSM is the one true god.

Ramen.

24. earnestshub profile image83
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Good to have you back Mark, although it has been fun without you.

25. WeddingConsultant profile image64
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

haha you guys are hilarious.

I'm trying to figure out who wins the prize for most pasta puns in one post, but it's not easy.

http://pics.livejournal.com/thelovelessguru/pic/0006g7we/s320x240

Hahaha

26. RKHenry profile image62
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Darkside, yes you are right.  If God indeed paid for a billboard, this is probably what it'd say.  Funny.  I like your sense of humor.  Great and ingenious!

27. Kelsey Tallis profile image62
    Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years ago

LMAO! This is the first thread I read here and the OP is: AMAZING. A sesquipedalian feast of psychological debauchery.

Darkside, I was going to join your fanclub just for some of the great newbie hubs you've written. Obviously, I can wait no longer...

Ummm, what are the rules about cyber-stalking around here? O_O.

wink.

PS: FSM rules all.

Welcome. Looks like I need a new thesaurus though big_smile

1. Kelsey Tallis profile image62
        Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol, thank you for the welcome! I just finally got back in here and saw this! I read a couple of your hubs when I first started lurking around here. You have a very engaging writing style, I don't remember exactly which ones I read (still getting used to this place and some things still blur together...O_o). I like your sense of humor smile.

28. ReuVera profile image83
    ReuVeraposted 14 years ago

I think that OP touched a very important issue in his open letter and it beats me why people are mocking the idea. I noticed long ago that several certain people in Hubpages community do not behave properly towards their piers. It is sad that in such a nice community there are rotten tendencies of insulting and humiliating the opponents when they express opinion other than theirs. There are only several certain people who are doing this and I personally several times reported people like Mark and some others for their offensive attacks on forums. It beats me why admins don’t do anything about it. I understand that freedom of speech is granted to anyone here. But mere politeness and decency should be observed anyway. Thumbs up for darkside for being bold to confront rudeness and arrogance. I myself am not a fighter with those who have no respect for others. May be it is my weakness, but I usually follow the rule “if you don’t want to smell the stink, go away”.
    Darkside, my all respect to you for bringing up the issue even though one can watch in this thread a usual tendency to twist the original idea. Thanks God, Hubpages are populated enough to find decent piers here and chose.

Read the bloody hub again, you missed it!

2. Make  Money profile image65
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Although I agree that it was high time that Mark received a good dose of his own medicine from someone with superior intellect I don't believe Darkside was being serious.  At least that is what Mark's bosom buddies think anyway.  Who knows and who cares but it was rather pleasant reading the initial post. smile

It beats me why admins don’t do anything about it too.

29. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

She won't Earnest. She's a long standing "friend" of Mark, and like Acco jumped on the "opportunity". lol

30. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Darkside - you have a couple of fish.

I can't be bothered to explain to the anti-abortionist or the Israeli genocide apologist.

You started this one so be my guest. big_smile

I've got people joining my fan club because of this thread!

@Jenny:
        You tell him.  I know that the words of the High Pastess carry great weight with Mr. Knowles.
        But I may have to refer your post to the FSM himself. Some of your words are mighty close to pastesy (the FSM equivalent of heresy)

If they're expecting some more writing of the same high standard as the first post in this thread. they're gunna be sorely disappointed lol lol lol

cheers, Eric G.
        P.S. thanks for the link to the generator.

2. ReuVera profile image83
      ReuVeraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I might really missed the point, as I don't read forums much and don't know what's going on between people here, but if Mark labels me like this, HE misses a lot of points, obviously.
      Farewell.

31. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 14 years ago

Oh, I have been too long absent from this forum! LOL

Mark, you have to remember that God Himself chastised you, working through his unwitting vessel, Darkside.

God is on the side of any self-identified Christian, and therefore, God is inutterably, irrevocably opposed to Mark Knowles in all ways.

God's Will is clear to any self-identified Christian, and anyone else's opinion as to the meaning of the OP is irrelevant, including Darkside's.

Darkside's intention is irrelevent. He is a mere human being, ignorant of his part in God's Great Plan To Comfort The Righteous And Chastise Their Tormentors.

Your failure to accept your chastisement with suitable chastened demeanor is simply further proof of how Wrong you are, and how Right God's words were, and how Justified every wounded Christian has been to take umbrage with your dastardly attitude.

Jenny

32. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

sesquipedalian.  What a word! I need a better dictionary. Going to google now.

-adj
    1.     given to using long words.
    2.     (of a word) containing many syllables.
    –noun
    3.     a sesquipedalian word.

Ohhh.smile

33. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

@ Jenny - I am suitably chastised. sad

@ darkside - me too lol

@ Eric - darkside is always this clear in his writing, wink

34. Elynjo profile image59
    Elynjoposted 14 years ago

God of the darkside, just a spectator's advice "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

35. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Just like Jesus, Mark Knowles has sacrificed himself for the sins* of others.

* Is stupidity a sin?

1. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Could be. I wrote a Hub on such things. Only we're not supposed to promote them here. big_smile

36. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

You gotta be part of the 'in' crowd AJ..:lol"

Top Students make the school revenue ,marketing an all that jazz ..

37. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

before my time here~~ yikes

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh there will be repeats no doubt ,so the newbies wont feel left out :lol

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I get it now~~ the big 100~~~  wink

38. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Well he posted a comment just 10 mins ago so as I said hes gone nowhere !

Well im not as sharp as you my friend, though Ive been known to cut a fine jibe here n there ,giggles smile

39. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Undie 100 club  lol

I been there , its great smile and the parties are wild

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile  ha~~~~~  ya know, I haven't been here long, but I am a fan of both MK and DS because they both write well~ I never go into the dark halls of the religion forum cuz I learned a long time ago, that you don't go where you don't want to be~ unless you get a paycheck! smile

Yes they are part of a great band of writers I agree.

I guess the forum is just another way to show another side of our personalities to a greater or lesser degree, often it brings fans ,although having said that fans dont exactly make you money lol....however in the world of marketing ,everything is relevant just my opinion.

By the way welcome to Hubpages smile pull up a chair and make yaself at home!

40. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

thanks for the welcome~~ I love wandering the halls of hubpages and am amazed at what one can find here~~  will have to pull up the chair later~~ smile

free speech is a big thing and I think everyone that participates in a forum knows there's that invisible line you just don't cross~~ hmm

41. Eaglekiwi profile image75

True but no not everyone knows that line you speak of,but such is life.

To be honest some people are f** nutcases!! ,but the only good thing I see about them being online ( and they are not all religious, who the hell really knows who they are) BUT they are off the streets wink

42. Eaglekiwi profile image75

OP was written 5months ago??

Who bumped it up

Are the alter ego's playin ,naughty naughty

1. atomswifey profile image56

no, dark just said in the other topic mark posted that it was this rant that made him leave.
      the link popped up and people started checking it out.

1. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, that's not quite what DS said. He said surprised it took 5 mo for the rant 'to sink in'. Not certain that DS was claiming power. 

It was DS who resurrected this thread, aside from the link in Mark's thread.  Check the top of page 6.  Last post 4 mo ago, then a today-post from DS.

you're right
          my bad smile

2. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Darkside and Mark Knowles get on like a house on fire, this thread was an attempt - a pretty good attempt - at something us normal people refer to as 'humour'; the joke is actually on a few other people on this forum, of whom you are one.

Whether it was aimed at us or not is irrelevant as the truth behind it projects its meaning very clearly. Its intended purpose thereby was, if it is as you say, was then diverted to mean something very different or the opposite.
          And that in that opposite view we find it rather amusing and humorous ourselves. smile

3. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!  Did you really read this, AW?

43. profile image50
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Its those eyes that lure em in Darkside, good luck with that smile

44. mkott profile image67
    mkottposted 14 years ago

That was fun.  What a way to invigorate my morning with such stimulating conversation.  I almost need no caffeine this morning.

We should do this more often.

45. Eric Graudins profile image60

Oh Darkside, you're a naughty, naughty boy.
    But I see that the fishin's still pretty good! lol lol
    Cheers,Eric G.

Have you noticed how peace has descended like a dove on the Religion & Beliefs sub-forum since Mark's exit?

There's no more fighting, bickering, attacking, name-calling or temper tantrums.

Mark's negative influence has lifted and everyone is getting along fine.

46. atomswifey profile image56
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

Let me clear about this as well though as I feel the need to share.
    Though I find humor with this rant, I do not reason it to be all truth.
    My God would not talk about a person that way. God loves the person, hates the sin.
    And thats the truth smile

1. profile image48
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was driving in my car and this song came on and it so sums up you religious fanatics, I dedicate this song to you, listen to the lyrics ok, so meaningful !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZm1TstpjQ

"...Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks"

"The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart."
        -Luke 6:45

2. profile image0
        rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

is it perfect cicrle? judith...
        cuz thats my song to religous fanatacs. my mother topping the list...you know I cant do you tube..sorry  sad

1. profile image48

It's Lily Allen ......F@@@ You !

1. profile image0
            rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

will look it up.
            for 2 seconds, I was like...blink, blink, wtf? why is he yelling THAT at me? then I was all...ha ha ha...dummy..name of hte song.....you should look up my song too. Its good.

47. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I will get ya the album for Xmas !

48. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I have a new favorite song that I'd now like to dedicate....

49. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I love it!!!!!!!!! I have a new favorite song. big_smile  Thanks BC!  Made my day, that is all I needed.  Now it is stuck in my head.

1. profile image48

Best thing is the lyrics really do suit the religious fanatics !

1. profile image0

Sho does! big_smile

50. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Mark is actually unable to post anywhere right now. He's on the HP naughty step. Those that pilloried him to hell (fire, brimstone and treacle) should be happy hmm

You can now run amok. Unchecked. Wherever you choose to post. Have fun.

Around here they call it 'purgatory'.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)