The Spiritual Discerned

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (80 posts)
  1. profile image53
    Romans814posted 12 years ago

What does ‘spiritually discerned’ mean to the non-spiritual (non-Christian)?

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can only speak for myself, but it would mean about the same as nvcfdjkerkjrtuhyfg.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I came up with almost the same. smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Spiritually discerned is just another way for a person to admit that they have deceived themselves. wink

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh roll it was spiritual part that upset some of you huh wink

1. Cagsil profile image70

Upset? No.

Then you were incorrect with your definition ,not surprising. wink

How did you reach that conclusion? My definition? It's not my definition. You always seem to bring ME into the conversation. It's been establish that mysticism which is where spirituality is derived from is intellectually dishonest.

Quit bringing ME into the conversation. And, I have no reason to be upset as you put it and even if I'm not upset, as you put it, it wouldn't make the definition wrong or incorrect. To think that would be absurd.

Not to mention, you also seem to think that I get upset at the ignorance of others, when I've already accepted them with their ignorance. I'm just pointing it out.

2. Cagsil profile image70

The above statement brings me in. roll

It corrected you ,but as usual you let your pride deny it.

By the way , a wise man acccepts correction.

Corrected me? How? Explain.
                  Providing it's accurately done sure.

Romans814 wrote:

Cags (YOUR) Defination

Spiritually discerned is just another way for a person to admit that they have deceived themselves. wink

Eaglekiwi  (DICTIONARY) Definition

1. To perceive with the eyes or intellect; detect.
                    2. To recognize or comprehend mentally.
                    3. To perceive or recognize as being different or distinct; distinguish

Spiritually/Mentally

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73

1. To perceive with the eyes or intellect; detect.
      2. To recognize or comprehend mentally.
      3. To perceive or recognize as being different or distinct; distinguish

Spiritually/Mentally

4. Kiss andTales profile image59
      Kiss andTalesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for kind and wise words I leave this post ! with good advice and learned lessons qit fighting somthing thats not my battle peace to all mkiss and tale smile

2. poeticmentor profile image75
    poeticmentorposted 12 years ago

Being spiritually discerned means just that. You can discern god's spirit that is present in others compared to those 'others' who are not of God. (those who are lost and have not found peace within themselves). It has nothing to do with Christianity or any other religions.You can tell by conversation or just being around someone, if they are of God or not. 1

Spirituality was debunked decades ago. It's been revealed as intellectually dishonest with self. But, nice try though. lol

2. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, you can't discern that and it would very dishonest to say you could.

3. poeticmentor profile image75

Being spiritually discerned means just that. You can discern god's spirit that is present in others compared to those 'others' who are not of God. (those who are lost and have not found peace within themselves). It has nothing to do with Christianity or any other religions.You can tell by conversation or just being around someone, if they are of God or not. 1

4. poeticmentor profile image75

Intellect is irrelevant when it comes to spirit. The mind is turned off if it is true discernment. This way you cannot judge by outside factors only the intuitive ones. Nice try Cagsil. i know you feel it too!

You keep lying to yourself. lol
      Untrue. The mind is NEVER turned off and anyone with a bit of knowledge would know this.
      Discernment is using all factors incorporated as one, it's called objective thinking. You cannot use just ONE factor internal or otherwise to make any discernment true wisdom, because if you did so, then you've made a mistake. Just like right now, you're using EGO to prevent you from understanding. What a shame really.
      Dishonesty isn't a game I play with people, like many others do, so it wasn't an actual try. My statement above you cannot dismiss as being wrong, because it's objective, unlike yours.
      What I feel is my awareness which is tuned unlike yours which is out of whack. I understand my conscious mind and how it works with my sub-conscious, and I learned to recognize ego, so it isn't in my from discerning truth(wisdom).

5. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 12 years ago

It's turned off when you are dead! and then what happens ! dust you are dust you returned ,surely the reason you exist in the first place goes back in the hands  who gave it, women give birth this process has been the same sense Adam ans Eve, each birth came with some delivery, you could not birth yourself ,someone took care of you and still do,past this planet earth All means there benifit us , the sun sits just right so do the moon and yet man have no control of there Utilities we benifit ,the trees feed us oxygen to breath, we dont live on mars we live on planet earth! for a reason this is our home, despite what man has  done torn up and destoyed a lot of good things, the future will be different!

When you're dead everything is turned off. So what's your point?
      So what.
      You're delusion has your thinking wrong yet again.

The REASON I exist to begin with is because I was born. I was born because my parents decided to have children.
      Keep quoting stories to support your lack of knowledge and it will get you nowhere.
      Each birth happened because the reproductive system of both people was working properly. Biology 101, go learn something instead of claiming(attributing) all births happen because of your imaginary god.
      This was a completely stupid statement.
      I was a child and when I grew up I take care of myself. So please.
      You make no sense. Nothing new.
      Go learn something will you.
      Yes the future will be different once more people stop lying to themselves about what they are, what they expect to receive from the future and goes out and makes their future.

2/3rds of the world is made up of religious folk like yourself and you probably never once stopped to notice that it isn't possible that the 1/3rd who are non-religious couldn't possibly be doing all the damage.

Wake up from your dream world and see reality for what it is.

1. Kiss andTales profile image59

again this is true you did noth birth youself neither did your parents birth themself this process goes all the way back to the first parents and they where directly made! Who made reproductive system, Man didnt he barly makes a robot can he make it like us reproduct, no! and you are right about the damage done anyone can do damage to property ,has nothing to do with your faith,I see a person telling me he exist because he does, I see a world of people that believe what you just said ! you have given no proof to believe you , I give you the sun moon and stars ,I give you proof of you, you do not look like me, a true designer of all things made.

This proves you lack knowledge in the human species as well as what we(humankind) has discovered about self.
          WOW! This is one of the dumbest statement ever made on Hubpages.
          Ignorance, even chosen ignorance has a lot to do with learning and misunderstanding faith. But, I don't expect you to understand.
          A person does exist. So please.
          I see a world of people that understands what I said, not believes it. There's a huge difference.
          You're right, truth needs no proof. It's recognized when SEEN.
          Conjecture based on your inability to understand knowledge already accumulated by humankind. Good show on you.

ok we know how you feel about this subject! you have not  proven so far nothing yet, to prove to me something greater then I just mention , I get the word , stupid, ignorance,dumbest stataments and words not explaining  proof of what you saying  is valid.

I'm sure that you don't know much with regards to me.
              Reality is something you need to learn about. It is obvious that you don't understand it. Your actions are PROOF of that.

I really do understand reality because I am asking you to prove your statement made, back it up! thats reality, so far you are teaching me and others avoid the question attack the person asking the question because you can not explain! plain to see.

Back up what exactly? That reality exists free of your independent thoughts, desires, will or wishes? It does, because it is solely based on the objective knowledge available.
                  It's obvious that spirituality is intellectual dishonesty because it's based on mysticism which is dishonest and not based on reality. Are you confused about this?

No you again are giving words of your opinion not facts , tell me how you came to exist,tell me how the sun moon and stars got to be , tell me why the sun rises on time every morning and dark is seperated from the day to light , give me a valid reason,not your opinion.what proof of all the thing we as human benifit.

6. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

Kiss and Tales, at no point did I say that I did not like your post. The Duh! thing is not problematic to me, this is not personal. I just asked for evidence. I'm afraid that is the problem that we atheists have, we need evidence, simple faith is not enough. It clearly is for you and that is fine, but you cannot expect everyone just to have faith without anything to substantiate that faith. You cannot expect people to believe as you, just because you do.

well when you used Duh toward me  that was not cool and I did not start it cagsil did! I ask him plainly to explain to me certain things i got ring around the rosy! and the answer was just because! that his right to say what he wants but to me I could not and will not accept that answer! what you are saying to me is what I said to him, give me somthing substantiat to see his point he did not .

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The duh thing was copied and pasted from a post. It was in no way directed at you. You have your faith and beliefs and that's good if it gives you solace. But an atheist gets annoyed when their conclusions are not met with the same understanding. Surely, it is better to say these are my beliefs and this is my relationship with what I believe to be god, than, this is my truth and you should believe it too? Yes?

faith with out works is dead! my faith in the works is my faith! not by claim! me and you would be the same if I had no works with my faith, next when yousay conclusions ! I ask and gave him the floor to give me conclusions ! I got none! Many time in my posts as you have stated you know what I believe! I dont have to repeat myself for the point of no one approval ! I got my answer already ! by avoiding my question and attacking me Because he could not explain! I can make no one believe in God! and so what I believe is just as strong or more! and the statment this is my truth you should believe it to is not me! your opinion of statamentsm . we all come on these posts make our committs and ssome dislike opinion thats find! but it can get personal when the wrong thing said personal.

What you believe is fine, it is yours, you own it. Your opponents cannot give real conclusions, that is why they do not have faith. Neither can you, but you do have faith, you cannot force it onto others.

ok that is clear and you are right ! but force here is not my inttention ! when I make my statment express my view like them now its forced ! my statment should not be censored as force becuse I dont take thier believe as forced, now what I dislike is the name calling because you believe in what you believe thats forced behavior.

Why not just accept that you have your beliefs, you don't need others to authenticate them, and allow others to have theirs. State that in your posts, these are my beliefs but they are not everyones and that's ok. Show understanding of others, and they will show understanding to you=) Yes?

first it has been proven my post has been used as a playground to poke fun ! what kind of understanding is that , that is not realistic because others are haveing the same problem perhaps you can give them the same advice see how they will take it! some else tried and they got attacked! the real world! .

No one is using your post as a playground for poke and fun. So get real.

7. profile image53
    Romans814posted 12 years ago

What does ‘spiritually discern’ mean to the non-spiritual (non-Christian)? 

IT IS WRITTEN:

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)
    The Word of God; tells me to speak the ‘Truth’ in love.  So, understand this; those who are ‘led by the Spirit of God; are sons of God (Romans 8:14).  They’re marked by the ‘Blood of Jesus’ and by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God).

The natural man (non-spiritual; non-Christian) doesn’t receive the ‘Truth of God’; because they don’t have the indwelling Holy Spirit.  And, they’re not marked by the blood of Jesus.  Therefore, they’re deceived from knowing God; from knowing His ‘Truth’; by Satan and his evil spirits.  Satan is a master manipulator; who hates mankind; because, mankind was created in the’ images and likeness of God.’  So, Satan agenda is obvious…to steal, kill and destroy.

thank you Like breath of fresh air! A good reminder!

8. poeticmentor profile image75

wow. this is amazing.  I will leave like this.  The very thing(gravity, being conceived,) all these unexplained things you all debate over is GOD!!! ..If you cannot answer which came first the seed or the soil..you are dealing with the holy spirit. That is all. BLESSINGS TO ALL

Really? There's nothing in this whole thread that isn't explained. So please.

9. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Romans814 wrote:

Cags

Eaglekiwi wrote:

Oh roll it was spiritual part that upset some of you huh wink

Upset? No.

I didnt bring YOU into it, you entered all by YOURSELF.

Your description above is therefore incorrect, with or without the word spiritual before it smile so there tongue

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmnbYwYzswYcziAirIPhbJA732Z3u6me_bCqKxg-mWXmR5o4Qn

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)