resurrection of the dead

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (50 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 12 years ago

Intelligent design can not be debunked until our scientists find a way to resurrect dead people who can then assure us that nothing happened after they died. And I'm not talking about people who were clinically dead for a short time, I'm talking about really dead people. Like some dude that died a hundred years ago.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lent5wqn7E1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif
    You would have better chances reanimating this scalpel than repairing a broken nervous system!

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is definitely the funniest thing I've read today. Thanks for the laugh. lol

2. AshtonFirefly profile image71
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure I follow this reasoning...
      The question of the origin of the universe doesn't have much to do with resurrecting dead people.
      Unless you're a Christian; then it does. But still the logic would be a little off...are you speaking of debunking the concept of intelligent design, or the concept of the Christian God as Intelligent Designer?
      Putting the burden of being able to ressurect, on science, as the ultimate way of debunking Intelligent design is to impose your own criteria for what would qualify as evidence of intelligent design and as the only appropriate method for doing so. Which, in your case, appears to be at least resurrection of the dead. But that is to assume that an intelligent designer can do that (resurrect)......
      Perhaps I don't understand. How did you come to this reasoning?..

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

Well said, good points made. smile

2. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your're just saying that because you can't do it. Come on now, I'm just talking about the reanimation of dead tissue. Are you saying that science will never ever be able to do that?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image71

Uh. No...I'm trying to understand how intelligent design has anything to do with resurrection of the dead and science's attempt of it. Reread what I said. You misunderstood completely. I wasn't attacking. I asked for clarification and I'm attempting to see how you came to that reasoning.
          To assume you know why i ask is a little presumptuous.
          I believe that there's probably a God. I just didn't see how your reasoning was logical.. So I asked for clarification and a discussion. Your response to what I said had nothing to do with my response.

1. profile image0

I promise I didn't think you were attacking. Now it is my understanding that the one who created us will resurrect us, otherwise what's the point? You just live for a short time and then that's it? That sucks! So I'm not sure how creation is associated with resurrection, but if an afterlife were true then if a person came back from the dead they could confirm it for all of us weather there is in fact an afterlife or not.
            No compulsion here believe what you want, I've got no problem with it. just remember this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNtnN_DiP3o

So you feel that life must have some sort of purpose simply because life would suck if it didn't....
              maybe reality is just that way. Maybe there is no purpose.
              I disagree with your way of reasoning here, but I will admit the movie made me laugh. smile

1. Jerami profile image57
                Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just saying what comes to mind ......   Nothing intended  ...

I lightning bolt striking has a purpose, And after it does what it does, it goes back to where it came from.

It's purpose was to  "BE"  whatever it is, as best as it can, acording to how well it knows how to be the thing that it is.

That's just it...lightning doesn't have consciousness... hmm

3. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It appears to me that you are saying you aren't interested in answers. You have willfully closed your mind by insisting that a bizarre and pointless scenario must happen before you will listen to alternative possibilities. Does that about sum your statement up?

1. profile image0

Well now I think that you are ignoring my point. Since we as a society obviously know a tiny fraction of how the physical world works, I think it is astoundingly presumptuous to say that there is no possibility for intelligent design, or an afterlife.

1. profile image0

I would agree, that ego alone drives the foolish and presumptuous argument that we know enough to make definitive statements on anything at this point. But, talking about reanimating bodies over a century old wouldn't have been my choice of ways to point that out.

1. profile image0

Yeah but I get a star for creativity don't I?

1. profile image0

Hmmm, a star for creativity and two thumbs up for baffling them with bs. smile

1. profile image0

Well you've got to keep them on their toes. smile

4. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

so you have decided that you have the answer to the only way we can say whether life after death really exists. wow, i wish i was that awesome.

1. profile image0

It is pretty awesome. You're welcome.

2. aka-dj profile image64
    aka-djposted 12 years ago

This sounds like an outright statement.
    Where's the discussion?

I agree with the "impossibility" of resurrection, except by the miraculous power of God.

smile

3. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

The dead don't resurrect to life; it is only the near-dead who get to life; like Jonah and Jesus.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this
    2. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 12 years ago

There are lots of things we can't do. We can't even unboil an egg. However, we can explain why we can't unboil an egg or resurrect the long dead. We can explain lots of things - more and more each day, in fact. And our explanations don't need the concept of intelligent design.

1. profile image0

Well we certainly can explain things but I think it is obvious that our understanding of the physical world is no more than seeing the tip of the ice berg if, after all, we can not even figure out how to do something as simple as reversing irreversible change.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your rationale is faulty. There's no reason to even attempt to resurrect the dead and it's futile to even attempt to go in that direction. It makes no sense.

1. profile image0

Sure there is. I would much rather be walking around living and breathing, than being food for worms.

No there isn't. I can understand that you would like to be walking around and living instead of being worm food, but since you're already alive and NOT DEAD, it doesn't matter.

You're talking about after your dead, what about finding out how to prevent death in the first place? Or stop it from happening to begin with?

Again, you make no sense.

1. profile image0

Well dude if nobody ever died, then we would never know if there were life after death. Don't you see your logic eats its self?

People die all the time and nothing has shown that there's anything after death, so your logic as per usual is flawed.

You're simply assuming there's something after death because you're religious. If you actually understood reality and the human body, then you would not have this sad way of thinking.

1. profile image0

You say that as if you know everything there is to know about the human body. Why not tell us how to cure all the diseases in the world, or tell us the intricate unknown details of the functions of the human brain and the cerebrum, and how and why they work with preciseness. Because I'm pretty sure the rest of the scientific community can not.   

Tell me why do we yawn? When and why did the human phase of adolescence evolve? why do placebo's work? why do we dream? why do people blush? why do we grow pubic hair? are human's altruistic or not? Why do we like art? Why do people find it pleasurable to share saliva? Why is the sky blue? why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

1. autumn18 profile image56
                      autumn18posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I find it interesting that you jump from a statement that there is no evidence of something more after death to you must know everything. If I say that I have no evidence that my cat can speak the English language I'm not claiming I know everything there is to know about cats.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

I can see you're quite sincere in learning things because you present so many questions. Therefore, it would be reasonable to assume you'll sincerely go about trying to find answers to those questions and not just toss them into a post in order to defend Intelligent Design.

smile

3. livelonger profile image86
                      livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've always found it odd that some people are happy to dismiss 'science' as some evil construct because it doesn't have an answer for *everything*.

Fortunately, we understand more and more about the way things work not because we keep on praying to various oracles, but through scientific inquiry.

4. Cagsil profile image70

No, I'm not. You just like to be difficult as per usual.
                      And this just shows you've a lot  to learn that's all.
                      We yawn due to a lack of oxygen.
                      Actually adolescence is a label established by humankind so as to understanding aging.
                      Placebos work because the power of the mind can do wonderful things, such as speed up healing and many other things.
                      You dream due to the subconscious. It uses all the things already stored which the conscious mind doesn't understand or know about. It's like the imagination.
                      Because someone apparently is embarrassed about something. Why else. wink
                      The human body grows hair over every part of the body, so pubic hair is just one location.
                      Only those who truly understand their life are, otherwise they are not.
                      This is subjective and solely based on an individual's perception of beauty.
                      It's a turn on and not the same in every person.
                      This is based on perception and many other factors to do with your eyes.
                      Near what? Birds exist in number more than the human species, so expecting to see one is pretty obvious...there's a LOT of them.

Is your foolish quiz over with?

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

LOL! Good one.

3. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 12 years ago

LOL Moving target aren't we ?

First religious nutjobs are ready to oppose human cloning and now we're keeping one more condition that science must resurrect dead people? What happened to prayers and book babbling ? Not working isn't it ?

4. cheaptrick profile image73
      cheaptrickposted 12 years ago

I firmly believe there's life after death...cause I dated this dame once who died[or at least became lifeless]every time we hit the sack...afterwards she reanimated and ate all my rocky road ice cream....I guess that's where the term frigid came from...

lol lol

5. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Drawing attention to yourself, yet again, huh Paar? roll

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just highlighting my truthful viewpoint for discussion.

Actually, it's called "self importance", is what you did. And the fact that you had to come back and "highlight" your statement....is a selfish act.

Thank you for showing what your truthful religion has taught you.

2. profile image0

Well that's one man's opinion. I myself am going with the writings of God's prophets, "The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame."-Alma 40:23

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)