reincarnation

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (55 posts)
  1. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 12 years ago

Do you believe in reincarnation? I am starting to believe it might be the case. That we are here to learn from our mistakes and grow spiritually. We only get to go home when we have learned to act like decent human beings.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can only say what I have experienced and reincarnation is a very real aspect of nature. Nature recycles and so, we have been many people and things and animals. I was a gladiator in one life and I died as a girl in an earthquake in another. Though I can realy only remember the experience in dreams, so I'm not sure if I was seeing myself or if it was just a dream. Before I was born, I saw the world in the nude and maybe this was but a dream, but that is my first memory in this life.

janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have read that that's one explaination for dreams. Perhaps it's a way we can "sort of" remember past lives.

It's a possibility.

2. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dreams are not like that; they have to be interpreted if the source is truthful; and in most other cases they just reflect confused thoughts or are sex oriented.

2. profile image51

How do you know; for sure?

3. edhan profile image37
        edhanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am always a believer of reincarnation of life. It is the same of every living things on earth. We learn from our past lives and become a better person.

It is like the cycle of water element. Water evaporates - becomes steam - form clouds - then rain to return as water.

Heard that we can use past life regression to know our previous life. One of my friends went and there is a change in his current life. He is changing and learning from his past life and making a better decision in his current life.

2. profile image51

Reincarnation is not real; it is mythical.

It is good to improve day after day; for that reinaration does not have to be believed.

The fact that you are saying that tells me that all religion is then mythical. Here's an idea. How about reading about it or watching the power of myth and listening to Alan Watts. I could probably say the same thing about what you believe. Is not the essence of religion enlightenment and getting in touch with the innate God or whatever you choose to call it? In this sense, all religions are about finding a way home. So, how is everybody else wrong, while you are right? People have destroyed the teachings by taking them litterally and letting people guide them, not the meaning.

1. profile image51

I don't stop one believing what one sincerely believes in; since it is a forum for discussion so everybody feels free to express sincere opinion. If one thinks I am wrong; one may just ignore my opinion.

I don't think you are wrong. What is to you is true, so it is true. To judge anothers experience, is to envite judgement. "Judge not, lest ye be judged".

1. profile image51

I don't mind.

Peace

Don't just go. I'd like to know. How is it that yours is absolutely real and evryone else's is wrong? I'm not attacking you, I just want to know. I'm guessing just as much as everybody else, so I know I'm wrong. I see the one in everything and everything in the one. I am the farmer and the ellephant. I am the star and the moon. Just as I look at the moon, you see the same moon. So how is that any different from your idea? We are all the same universe and we exist with it, not in it. We are all the universe, yet we think we are not. I have God in my self and so does everyone else. To take that God away is very selfish. To answer the question honestly, is to have true humillity.

3. airsoft gun profile image60
      airsoft gunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your remains will become a part of the earth one way or another.

Is the earth not part of the universe? Are we not part of the universe? We're absolutely part of it in every way.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Is that your explanation why the good die young? They learned their lesson and then go home?

To believe in reincarnation would also require you to believe in a higher power put you here for a specific reason and yet, kept that specific reason from you on purpose, so as you can grow spiritually?

Sounds like more mystic BS than anything else.

What's wrong with mystic BS?

smile

What's wrong with believing in a higher power? I am just starting to seriously wondering about reincarnation as possibly something that is real. I never claimed to have any answers.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's dishonesty in it's purest form.
        I have no problem with people thinking about a possible higher power, it's when they start to believe it is when it becomes more than a thought. It's usually reinforced by action.
        And when you deem it real, you take away the value of actually living.
        I know.

I was a hard-core athiest for 99% of my life. I've lived through some experiences that I have no idea how to explain. That's why I'm asking questions. Of myself and of other people.

I want to know. That's it.

1. GoldenBird profile image56
            GoldenBirdposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Know thyself."

-what about "knowing thyselves?'  big_smile cool

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
            A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No experience you or anyone else has had is unexplainable in terrestrial terms, even if the explanation was not readily available. You may never know the explanation but that doesn't mean one turns to mystic nonsense for answers.

1. profile image51

You are right there.

2. lone77star profile image72
              lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very good, @Troubled. The blind leading the blind.

Just because you can't see with the Holy Spirit, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Just as gravity is invisible, but we see its effects; the Holy Spirit (true self within) is invisible, but its effects can also be seen. My hub Anatomy of a Miracle covers one such incident, so I won't repeat all the details here.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
                A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Weak argument. Just because you can't see the Flying Spaghetti Monster, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

See how much nonsense that is?

That is entirely false and you know it.

Boulevard. Snarled Traffic. Jesus parts the cars for YOU to get through. Those details?

lol

3. profile image51

You are welcome to discuss here.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You should read my hub, "Death Is Not My Enemy"...it will make you feel better about your views

2. profile image0
          Cranfordjsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Cagsil

Plus one.

It's one thing to proclaim a God. It's another to proclaim you know which one.

Nobody knows anything about it. That's the beauty of the mystery, walking our path until we find out.

2. profile image51

There is no harm in believing in a higher power; it is useful. Yet, it does not neccessitate believing in a mythical concept of reincarnation.

3. profile image57
    WhoBeYouBeposted 12 years ago

Do I beleive in reincarnation? No.

Do I believe in God. Yes.

Do I beleive in a certain God. Yes.

Pretty simple, and it does not effect anyone elses life.

Would I like all to believe? Yes.

Is everyone ever going to believe? No.

Is it my bussiness if you do or do not believe. No.

Does that mean I will not talk about God and state that you should believe. No.

Of course I would speak about it. If people cannot handle someone talking about their God... then they have the problem... not I.

I think it's all interesting, whether I agree or not. It's realy not all that serious of a matter anyway, for if your belief is that strong, you have nothing to worry about.

2. profile image51

If I have understood the above expressions correctly; I agree with you.

I could give voluntary guidance or help to others; if the need be.

4. Ruben Rivera profile image60
    Ruben Riveraposted 12 years ago

I don't beleive in reincarnation in a linear way, die, reborn, die, reborn.  I believe that all experiences are happening at once.  I don't think there is such a thing as making mistakes and cleaning up in the next life.  I believe life, or all lives are just experiences no matter how beautiful and awesome they are or how cruel and horrific.  Humans put all the labels.

Yes. you're getting close. It doesn't realy matter what others believe, because it's all personal observation to begin with anyway. Scientific or not, it's all the same thing. Right now.

1. Ruben Rivera profile image60
        Ruben Riveraposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're right but it's really too bad when someone blames their perception of their misery for so called past lives, I guess that's the way it is then.

Who realy knows anything when it comes to spiritual matters, it's all guess work anyhow.

1. profile image51

I don't agree with you.

So you absolutely know that there is a God? If you have found God in everything, I will agree with you if not. How can you be so certain? Admit that you do not know and you may find the truth of what you seek. Cling to your attachment to what you think you know and you appear to know nothing. He that speaks does not know, he that knows does not speak. Avoid useless or offensive language, be empty of thought, let light your burden.

1. profile image51

I believe in the Creator God very naturally; and I have understood that from the truthful Word revealed on the messengers prophets.

In quantum field physics, we are said to be everything and nothing, a wave and a solid. We are at one with everything and yet we are separate.

1. profile image51

May be; I have not heard the expressions from others.

5. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

The problem in being here to learn lessons, is that we have no memories of having a previous life, so how could we learn anything?

While meditating a few days ago, I saw images of my former self. This is the order in which they came: Grasshopper, oak, elephant, farmer, barbarian, scholar, as I am now. I understand that these were just my internal mataphor for the past energies of my self. Now, I'm not expecting anyone to believe me, it was just an experience and I have no way to make it sound sane.

1. profile image51

I think it should be classified as day-dreaming;no need to give it a serious thought.

So then God can be said to be a day dream. You cannot discredit the beliefs of others, simply because you think you know something. I never claim to know anything, so then for us all it is a day dream.

2. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't you actually mean that you "saw" mental images that you then ascribe to be yourself in past lives for no particular reason other than you want it to be so?

Mental images that you have decided were a metaphorical construct of your brain for whatever it is you are terming "energies" of yourself?  Again, making assumptions that may or may not be true, and assigning truth to those assumptions?

Not picking, not denigrating; trying to understand how and why you would state these things as factual when I can see no reason to do so.  What differentiates these imagined images from day-dreaming?

It was a day dream, that I'm sure of, but it correlated with being one with everything.We are made of everything in the observable and unobservable universe. It's not a belief, it's science.

1. wilderness profile image96

No, that would be a philosophy, not science.  There are many elements that, if present at all in your body, are there only as contaminants.  There are many more that exist for very short periods of time and are extremely unusual - they won't be there at all.

There are millions upon millions of compounds that are not present - some exist only in unusual temperature or pressure situations that are not present in your body.

There are subatomic particles that, if present, are only passing through and won't remain there.  We are not made of them.

Similarly, photons may be briefly present, but we are not made of them, either. 

You are not "one" with polaris or betelgeuse.  You are not "one" with a photon, neutrino or quark.  If you are "one" with more that a very few atoms of U238 you will soon not be at all.  These are, at best, philosophical declarations that have no real meaning in science.

I make a very poor philosopher, which is why I ask such questions - I simply don't understand the thinking and reasoning behind such statements.

Quantum physics is not a science? We do not exist in any one place at any discernible time. Everything is connected and they've proven it. We are made of every ellement known on the periodic table. We are star dust. When you look at another person, you are that person.

When the light Enters the heart, the many become the one. When the light enters the mind, the one becomes the many. My Zen teacher said that to me and I never Got it until I heard about Quantum field physics. With out those physics, none of the things you have now would exist, not even the computer you are on now. We tend to see ourselves as mistakes or something different, but I say we are doing the universe and we are a universal happening. We are it and it is us, we are us and us is this. We are a product of quantum entanglement and our own minds.

1. wilderness profile image96

Quantum physics is science.  You really do exist in one place at a discrenible time; you are not a part of the quantum world, composed of single quantum particles.  You are certainly not made of every element on the periodic table; as I said, many of those elements exist for only microseconds before turning into something else and cannot be produced in what we consider normal conditions.  Nor am I you; we have different bodies, different experiences and different thoughts (boy do we! smile ) and thus are not the same.

Light cannot enter the heart (except perhaps through open heart surgery); your body is opaque to light and the skull is the same. 

It is unfortunate that so many think that the relationships of quantum mechanics apply equally to the macro world.  Newtons laws and observations still hold for our world; we do not pop in and out of existence, we are where and when we are.  The quantum rules (such as they are) apply to the quantum world, not to the macro world we inhabit.  The two mix, and quantum mechanics explains some of what happens in our world, but does not dictate to it in the matters we can identify with our senses.  The earth, for instance, does not "circle" the sun the way an electron "circles" the nucleus of an atom.  We can very accurately predict where the earth will be at any exact time, but cannot come even close with an electron.  Quantum laws rule the electron; Newtons laws rule the earth.  And us.

Quantum physics and Buddhism are sister philosophies. One may be a simple version of the other, but that would be an example of mirrored opposites. One science, the other pure philosophy. In both cases, the observer is the universe.

2. mischeviousme profile image60
    2. profile image51

You always bring good points. I appreciate your posts.

6. profile image51
    DaveMedranoposted 12 years ago

I believe I had past lives, both as human and non-human creatures. The last lifetime I remember though was as a human male (I'm female now).
    http://acaithermo.net/?p=116

7. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

@janesix, great question!

I agree with the "act like decent" part, but "human beings?" No.

Reason for Reincarnation

God wants His children back. That does not include the Homo sapiens shells we wear. He has given us multiple opportunities (multiple religions, multiple lifetimes).

I don't "believe" in reincarnation. I know it. I've remembered many lives. Some merely as glimpses, like memories of a childhood vacation half a lifetime ago.

Some images were so vivid that they created a living dream while I was wide awake. It was like I was reliving the event in the present and all else around me disappeared.

Reincarnation Evidence

There are some interesting stories of other people who remembered past lives:

http://www.the-love-of-god.com/reincarn … tories.php

WW II General George Patton was one. There are many other reincarnation quotes there, plus the story of a little boy who remembered the flattop his fighter plane flew off of in WW II the day he was killed. When the little boy was reunited with his old buddies from the aircraft carrier, he recognized one immediately and called him out by name. Talk about amazing!

Another girl could remember her former home, including describing the way it used to be, and calling out the names of her former brothers, including their pet names. When they tried to trick her, she saw through their deception and corrected them, to which they were sorely amazed.

Reason People Can't Remember

The key reason people don't remember is because of ego. The key reason they don't automatically realize that they are spirit is because of ego. The key reason why they feel they are their body is because of ego.

Ego is the source of all evil in the world. Ego is the trap that keeps the true self (immortal child of God, within) dead asleep and blind in this dark and cold physical reality. That's why we have spiritual help from on high -- why we have the Bible and religion -- to help us wake up, spiritually.

When you remember as many past lives as some people have, you never lose your sense of wonder about the universe. And the prospect of getting close to spiritual awakening is intoxicating.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)