Gods plan ?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

I don't think any of us were supposed to know what Gods plan is.

Cause if we did, we would find a way to mess it up.

I think that "IF" God told me what the plan was, He would swear me to secret icy.

1. Bendo13 profile image77
      Bendo13posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even if someone did, would everyone else believe that they truly knew the plan?

Especially if it's passed on by word of mouth for a while... anyone up for a game of telephone?

2. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

True.
      He does have a plan, and we are messing with it.
      However, we can't mess it up, because He gets the results according to plan in the end.

He hasn't sworn us to secrecy as you suggest. He has in fact asked us to proclaim it to all the world.
      Sadly, many people resist that proclamation, but we will prevail!

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

this "we will prevail" is at core of most problems we face in todays world...

1. aka-dj profile image65

Agreed.
          It will be a major problem for the unprepared.

Fear not. We are not stalking you to kill you. Just proclaiming the Good News!

@aka-dj i dont have anything to fear my friend...why should i fear or become excited  on something which u believe...it is ur right to believe what ever u wish to...there are 400 different kinds of believe on something called god who is best invention of human beings ever...

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
            A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good thing we now have laws so that when we reject your evangelism, you can't kill us anymore. smile

It was probably Christian people who brought such laws in in the first place!

1. mischeviousme profile image61
                mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was probably non-christians, tired of being burned at the stake and lynched.

You are out by a couple of hundred years, probably. lol

@aka-dj yes few Christians after preaching , realized truth that book is not worth spreading rather concentrating on science is more worthy and brought such laws...lol

As I'm sure Christians brought about sliced bread, too. Do you have a point?

The Witchcraft Act of 1735 is still legally in force in Northern Ireland which is primarily Christian. In the Northern Province of South Africa in 1996, several hundred people were lynched after being accused of witchcraft, again, Christianity at work. Even as late as 1999, Christian pastors have called for the renewal of burning Wiccans and Neopagans.

These are your brethren.

If you are a witch, you may want to lay low, ATM.

Just a suggestion. lol

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

Sounds more like a threat, which wouldn't surprise me at all.

Sadly, you disrespect anyone you proclaim to in order to fulfill your own selfish needs. No, you will not prevail, you will only cause conflict and hatred.

Besides, the world now knows of your God as He now resides in the upper left hand drawer of every night table in motels everywhere, so you can stop proclaiming as it is pointless to continue doing so.

No stopping happening. Your resistance is futile!

You may wish to sulk about that, but I'm sorry, you won't change anything. sad

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

The change is already underway, sorry to burst your bubble.

lol <--- me sulking

lol lol <<------ is this what you were looking for?

This one's free! Just for you!!! lol

2. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

haha
            "resistance is futile"...

'Tis true. smile

big_smile

A line from Star Treck. lol

3. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If there is a God and he has a plan.....I doubt we could change it, no matter what our screw ups might be.

Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I'm playing with an idea, though I haven't thunk-it all the way through yet.
          I'll be twisting the story just a tad. Imagine "IF"

God said " lets make man in OUR image,
        We are spiritual beings occupying physical bodies
          I'm A thinkin he might have been talking to US.

and we created a man as we imagined it to be and are spiritual beings occupying physical bodies.             
          And we brought with us all of this knowledge as depicted as our eating of the tree of knowledge.  It was this knowledge that spoiled the whole plan and brought about the story of the flood, A do over so-to-speak.

Only this time, all knowledge of our prior existence is eleminated.

Sometimes even in this life, the truth about something takes all the fun out of the event.

I'm thinking that there is truth in the story, but we can't find the whole truth, cause it isn't in our best intrest to know the whole truth.

As I said; I haven't   thunk-it  all the way through.

1. profile image0
          Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like that. It would make an interesting book.

4. Precious Pearl profile image75
      Precious Pearlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe that God reveals His plan for our lives when we are able and willing to receive it.  Jeremiah 29:11 states, "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans not to cause you hurt or harm but to give you a hope and a future."  The problem is we don't really believe that God works everything for our good if we will but trust Him.  And we don't trust Him because we don't have an intimate relationship with Him.  He says that my people perish for a lack of knowledge ... not a head knowledge but an intimate knowing of Him.

Thank everyone for their coments.
        Just want to say I apologize for my intermitten attendance over the past few months.
        =====

It just seems to me that we all know the rules that we are supposed to be playing by, but no one realy knows the name of the game we are playing.
           We have heard many rummors

I think the answers are in the book. But we aren't going to find them if we keep looking where everyone else has been looking through the same eyes as they are looking through ....  or we would already have them.

If the truth was proven to be simple, no one would believe it Cause, I don't think it is in Gods plan for us to do so.

2. Jerami profile image58

hello Precious Pearl

Yes he does wisper  sometimes.

5. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

________

To get back to the state of Paradise-The Garden of Eden

He meant for people to have a give and take relationship with him.
      It was a simple plan. God would do the giving and mankind the receiving but..

God gave and mankind gave to the pleasure of the flesh instead.

Yes, I do believe that is the end result of his plan.

2. Jerami profile image58

Good night Yawl ...  it's moving up on 2:30AM and I'm outa here ..         in a minute

3. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

"God's plan" is a phrase that can describe perfect joy and good fortune for people just as easily as it can be applied to anguish, misery and suffering so unspeakable it can't even be described.

Which means the phrase means nothing.

You have to decide that "God's plan" means something to you. If it's going well, "God's plan" works out nice. If it's all going to sh!t, then God's plan is trying you. If the trial doesn't end soon enough, then God's plan is a joke and it's all B.S.

Etc. Welcome to why there is a stack of dead religions 100,000 years high.

4. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

depends of who's creation u r talking about...every god has a plan and plan depends on who created that god...is it jews creation u r talking about or others?

5. kess profile image61
    kessposted 12 years ago

Gods plan is simple....

The good for all.

Its accomplished by his faith perpetuted in the all and its by simply allowing any and all to be exactly as they are.

Those who understand see the faith of God and become it...

Those who donot goes through their cycles of self destruction until they see...

All who sees become and on that the Father and the son rest.

u r right...god as concept was invented for that....good for all...

6. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

If there is any entity behind panspermia project on planet earth, that thing is not going to just seat there and watch us kill each other. Who knows how many species they sampled for yet another project and left us to screw each other. Expecting that any scientists plan is to get love from his creation because he loves us-  is poetic assumption and deluded at it's best.  Hmm, that's all I can comment from skeptical perspective keeping Bible BS aside.

you dont understand sky, bible is word of god...so what that word was written by humans and makes us wonder that loveable god can hate so much...in end it is word of god...

1. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

7. Jerami profile image58

Shadesbreath

You do have a point But ?
    =======
    Bendo13
    Even if someone did, would everyone else believe that they truly knew the plan?
    - -

even if someone did; would ANYONE believe it ?  I don't think so cause that to sems to be part of the plan.

====================

pisean282311
    depends of who's creation u r talking about...every god has a plan and plan depends on who created that god...is it jews creation u r talking about or others?
    - -

whatever God is ;  is not controlled by our concept of him/it.
    Our  "concept"  is dependant upon how we relate to God, not the other way around,
    ===========================

aka-dj
    He hasn't sworn us to secrecy as you suggest. He has in fact asked us to proclaim it to all the world.

- -

Don't let the right hand know what the left hand is doing.
    ==========================

me
    I don't know what to say to that, skyfire;
    ================

pisean282311
    you dont understand sky, bible is word of god...so what that word was written by humans and makes us wonder that loveable god can hate so much...in end it is word of god...
    - - -

Even the prophets who wrote Gods message didn't understand the message completely.
    ============================

I think it is Kinda-Like when our employer gives us a vacation, he does not expect us to never take our mind off of our job, though he does expect us remember to come back to work on Monday.

Does anyone think that all the wonders of this world were created and we are not supposed to ever take our eyes off of GOD?

Kinda-Like when we take our children to the playground, we do not expect them to sit at our feet looking at us adoringly.
      It is OK for them to go play, keeping us in their peripheral vision.
    We expect them to play well with the other children, and be ready to come home with us when the day is over.
         Other than this, our children do not know what our overall plan is. And if they did, they might not enjoy themselves as much.
      Sorry but, I don’t know how to express what I’m trying to say any better than this.

"   Even the prophets who wrote Gods message didn't understand the message completely."...

see pundits kept saying but we dont listen...even prophets dont understand message...so it is god's pathetic hiring of prophets....god was incapable of sending message which humans can understand...next time we must ask god to send better son or prophet who can understand message or stop seizing sending message...we are better off without his message...god's confusing message led to 400 religion and various claims of son of god ,god incarnate , god's prophet etc etc...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)