Soetimes when they talk, my brain dies a little.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (112 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

When talking to a theological adherent, I sometimes start to laugh, then I realize their completely serious. Everytime my buddy's little daughter starts talking about the bible, as if it's fact, I want to punch her parents in the face. Not only are they injecting illogical information into her head, their going to create another stupid adult.

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, all Christians are stupid. But I bet that little girl wouldn't use a word like "Soetimes" in the title of a topic, and would know that "their" should be "they're" in the first and last sentences of your diatribe.

mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes I don't hit the keys hard enough... And no matter how hard you try, you can't defend stupidity by pointing out spelling errors. As the intended inferrence was understood. Unless you're a moron and you actually believe that clap trap.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I must admit, in my humble opinion, this OP has merit.

Thank you...

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I'm sorry.Are you saying you are brain dead? That's what your title implies.

I'm not a mormon, oops, I mean moron... A spelling error does not intelligence entail. Or do you believe yourself to be superior in some way? Ooh, your grammar's better than mine, I guess that makes me braindead then... So be it, at least I'm in touch with reality.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you have trouble with reading comprehension? Is this a result of your brain cells dying off? My post had nothing to do with your poor spelling. It had to do with your statement that your brain is dying.

If it is, it is. Until a Dr. can confirm your prognosis, STFU...

1. profile image0

My prognosis? Are you unwilling to accept that you made this statement? Although the loss of brain cells might affect memory, you should be able to look at the top of the thread to see what you wrote. Do I need to explain how to scroll your screen up? I can. I won't mind at all. smile

When did I claim to have a coherence above that of others? When did I say I was confused or having motor-funtion anomalies? I made no mention of having any cerebral difficulty, get over yourself...

If you're refering to the O.P. thread post, I did say my brain dies a little. Oops my bad... It still doesn't excuse diehard believers of their idiocy.

2. mischeviousme profile image60

Sorry about the language and the tone there of... Got up a little irritated this morning and didn't have my coffee yet.

1. profile image0

That's ok. I was jerking your chain anyway. I can't believe you didn't remember the title you gave to the thread.

It was just a jab and it was meant to symbolize how aggrivating these conversations can be. I'm almost completely dumbfounded by some of the arguments I have the opportunity to envibe and I'll tell you what, some of the arguments I hear are completely, irrationally stupid. The more they defend their stance, the harder it is to buy into.

1. profile image0

There are enough ignorant arguments to go around here. From all sides. Fortunately, what I see as ignorant could simply be my ignorance for not listening harder.

2. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

mischeviousme, please delete this statement or else apologize to Emile.  I can delete this post of mine too if you do that.   I really don't want to break my policy of not reporting anyone, but seriously you had no business telling anyone to shut up especially with the letters you used.

How's that? It's the best I can do, since I'm pretty much devoid of emotion.

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

Yeah, and I thought mischeviousme was neutral on the subject.  Or so I think I heard him say.   But apparently not so neutral at all....

1. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He appears to be the type who runs over to the side that is yelling the loudest at the moment.

I was neutral, but now is the time for war. Religion is destroying the face of society and must be put in check.

Lol....you are full of it.

You are trying to mimic a troubled man or mark knowles.sorry, but you just dont have what it takes honey

But seriously though... Has it not gotten out of hand? Are not religious groups becoming dangerous? Do they not have the potential to go further? Not that I'm really at war with religion, more with the reasoning behind certain tenets.

2. profile image0

Having read his posts for the last few months, I tend to agree.

4. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 12 years ago

Sometimes when I make a ludicrously condescending thread my nipples get excited. I consider high fiving myself but really that would just be clapping and might dampen the awesomeness of the moment, so I content myself with F5-ing until some unwitting believer gives me another excuse to be condescending.

1. profile image0

Well, you should take warning.  Ludicrously condescending threads kill brain cells according to this OP (and I think we see evidence to support this). A mind is a terrible thing to lose; if the only thing gained is looking silly in the process.

5. Shanna11 profile image75
    Shanna11posted 12 years ago

You're trying to make religious people look bad, but really you're probably helping them because you're making yourself look so much worse right now....

6. Eric Newland profile image61

My brain is dying from this derail, I gotta be honest.

Sorry about that... sometimes you gotta deal with idiots on their level and it takes some time.

1. profile image0

Just a word of warning. I wouldn't report you, because you are hilarious. But calling people idiots is frowned on as a personal attack. That's twice you've called me an idiot. You might try to be a little more round about with the personal insults.

2. profile image0

I apologize. He's such an easy target, I got carried away. I'll stop.

I'm easy? And you see the bible as being fact? If anybody's easy, it's the people that buy the crap evangelists and other believers spew. It's garbage, worth nothing more tinder for a fire.

1. profile image0

Since I don't believe the Bible, you're showing yourself to be desperate. Give it up while you are behind because you are fast losing ground.

Am I? Who is it that can't understand sarcasm? Who is it that calls into question the level of understanding, of a person they've never truly met? A presumtuous attempt to understand how I work, don't you think?

7. janesix profile image61
    janesixposted 12 years ago

When you call 95 percent of the population insane and stupid, you have to expect a barrage of negative feedback.

I think you bit of more than you can chew.

I call my own sanity into question daily and idiots aren't always stupid, just idiotic.

Theres a difference?

You can learn from an idiot...

Perhaps YOU can.

In my defense, I never called christians stupid, I called them idiots because christianity is stupid. Especially if it's based on the bible...

You shouldnt have to defend yourself. Have faith in your convictions, and stand up for yourself like a man.

I am but a man, though I am mindful of my mind, even if it doesn't function at 100%, 100% of the time. But that's what makes us flawed, the belief that we have a grip on reality.

Oh good, youre starting to get back to normal!

8. Eric Newland profile image61

I'm an uncanny page sniper for some reason. It's annoying.

9. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)