jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (21 posts)

Do we have evidence of Jesus besides the bible?

1. profile image0
    Rad Manposted 5 years ago

Is there documented proof that he walked on this earth. Did they keep records of who they crucified 2000 years ago? Did they keep any records back then?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

Romans kept records.  https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpUlmzOaNnZrxVttgPmcD7TO2_-Ye1Kn9Bg8IJN3PANxLGMhv57A

1. pisean282311 profile image54
      pisean282311posted 5 years agoin reply to this

@wd yes they did keep records but those records dont mention jesus...may be a preacher with bare minimum followers was not worthy of coming to records for romans...

1. WD Curry 111 profile image60
        WD Curry 111posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Try again. Here's recorded evidence of Jesus.

http://youtu.be/EEJbvUWmmHk

lol r u serious?...

1. WD Curry 111 profile image60
            WD Curry 111posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Here's more evidence. He is alive today, but those who are lost in the dark can't see. Seek with all of your heart . . . you will see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuLr5rQmp0

2. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Don't you realize how counter productive comments like these are? I know Romans kept records, but do they have records of Jesus was my question. Your comment makes me think they kept very good records, but none of Jesus. Music is not proof of Jesus being documented.

1. mischeviousme profile image59
        mischeviousmeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's almost convoluted to imply such a thing, relying on inaacurate information to defend a premise...

3. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes they did, and very concise records at that.  No, there is no mention of Jesus in them because he broke no laws to be punished for.  The worship of many gods was completely acceptable during those times, even though the Hebrew religious leaders did not like it.

There are actually no records--except for some passages in the works of Josephus added in by the church hundreds of years later to try and give the impression Jesus was real--to indicate he ever existed at all. 

I suppose this was why Pilate supposedly washed his hands of the whole thing.  Jesus supposedly broke no Roman laws.  It was also very difficult to railroad an innocent person on false charges at the time because the citizens were very zealous in their attempts to ensure justice for themselves.smile

Not saying he didn't exist, but there is nothing pointing to it in actual documented records.  And believe me WD, many people have been searching for them for centuries.  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

3. mischeviousme profile image59
    mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago

There is very little evidence outside of the bible, for the existance of Jesus. The problem is, almost all refferences to Jesus, come 50-100 years after his death, in some cases longer.

@mis ya agreed...

2. profile image0

What is that (very little evidence)?

Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius, Juleus Africanus, Origen and Pliney.

1. profile image0

Interesting but, are not those well after his supposed death?

Absolutely, so there is no proof, outside of the bible, that he actualy existed.

2. pisean282311 profile image54

@rad yup...also that proves nothing about christ...If we believe on those sources then what it proves is that there was a man called jesus.....

All stories past down by the words of men and I think we know how trustworthy that can be, especialy in the days of old.

2. profile image0

I don't think those sources are valid proof that Jesus walked this earth. They seem to mention Christianity well after Jesus's death.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

See my previous post!  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

4. rafeeqq profile image61
    rafeeqqposted 5 years ago

The present of the Holy Spirit and the work He does in our life is enough evidence to know Jesus lived

@rafeeqq not thats not evidence...thats belief...nothing wrong in it...it is working for u and thats enough...but here we are talking about historical jesus....it is debatable issue...

working