- Sports and Recreation»
- Team Sports
Sports Trivia Questions - Basketball Trivia
Think you know NBA trivia? I’ve put together some sports trivia questions from the world of professional basketball that I think any basketball fan would be interested in.
You may find some of these basketball trivia questions a little easier than some of the others, but I think you will find all of them to be challenging.
Test yourself and see how you do.
12 correct – You make a half-court shot at the buzzer to win the game.
9-11 correct – You make a four point play to win by one.
6-8 correct – You had a triple-double for the game.
4-5 correct – You were high scorer for the game.
1-3 correct – You’re benched for shooting at the wrong basket.
0 correct – You accidentally tied your shoes together in the locker room.
Who was the greatest basketball showman of all time?
NBA Basketball Sports Trivia Questions
1. Which player holds the record for winning the most championships in NBA history?
2. Which NBA team drafted the great Pete Maravich?
3. In what year and against what team did Wilt Chamberlain score 100 points?
4. Who holds the record for most games played in the NBA?
5. Who was known as "Houdini of the Hardwood"?
6. Who attempted the most free throws in a season?
7. Who had the most personal fouls called on them in a career?
8. Since 1970 only one player has won the MVP award 3 consecutive years. Who was this player?
9. Since 1982 only two players have won back-to-back sixth man of the year awards. Name them.
10. Who is the only rookie to win the NBA Finals MVP award?
11. Who is the shortest winner of the NBA’s slam dunk competition?
12. Who is the NBA’s career steals leader?
Scroll down for the NBA Basketball Sports Trivia answers.
1. Bill Russell of the Boston Celtics has 11 championship rings.
2. The Atlanta Hawks in 1970.
3. Wilt scored 100 points in a single game against New York on March 2, 1962.
4. Robert Parish with 1,611 games played.
5. The great Bob Cousy of the Boston Celtics.
6. Wilt Chamberlain holds all five top spots for most free throws attempted in a season, the most being the 1961-62 NBA season when he attempted 1,363 free throws.
7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with 4,657
8. Larry Bird won in 1983-84, 1984-85 and 1985-86.
9. Kevin McHale won in the 1983-84 and 1984-85 seasons and Detlef Schrempf won in the 1990-91 and 1991-92 seasons.
10. Earvin “Magic” Johnson won it in 1980 when he replaced Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in game 6 against the 76ers. Magic scored 42 points, pulled down15 rebounds and had seven assists along with three steals to help the Los Angeles Lakers win the championship.
11. In 1985, 5’-6” Spud Webb won the NBA Slam Dunk Contest over defending champion, Dominique Wilkins.
12. John Stockton with 3,265