Sports Trivia Questions - Boxing Trivia
Think you know boxing trivia? I’ve put together some sports trivia questions from the world of professional boxing that I think any boxing fan would be interested in.
You may find some of these boxing trivia questions a little easier than some of the others, but I think you will find all of them to be challenging.
Test yourself and see how you do.
10 correct – You won the world championship by knockout.
7-9 correct – You won the world championship by out-pointing your opponent.
4-6 correct – You fought to a draw.
1-3 correct – You were knocked out in the first round.
0 correct – You fainted at the sound of the opening bell.
Professional Boxing Sports Trivia Questions
1. Which heavyweight boxer held the title for the longest period of time and in the process of doing so, recorded 25 successful title defenses.
2. Which fighter was named Fighter of the Year by The Ring Magazine for 1981, and was also one of the fighters in Ring Magazine’s Fight of the Year? Who was the other fighter in the ring for the Fight of the Year?
3. Who was the first fighter to “go the distance” with “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler in a championship bout?
4. Who was the first fighter to defeat Muhammad Ali as a professional?
5. Who was the first boxer to knock down Muhammad Ali in his professional career?
6. Who attempted to become the first world Light-Heavyweight champion in boxing history to win the world's Heavyweight championship?
7. Which fighter was the only heavyweight champion to retire undefeated and untied?
8. Who ranks number one on Ring Magazine’s list of 100 greatest punchers of all time?
9. Who are the only two fighters to defeat Muhammad Ali in his prime?
10. Who are the only three men to win the world heavyweight championship three times?
Scroll down for the Boxing Sports Trivia answers.
1. Joe Louis held the heavyweight title for over 106 months during his 25 defenses of the title.
2. Sugar Ray Leonard was named Fighter of the Year and his fight with Thomas Hearns was Ring Magazine’s Fight of the Year.
3. Vito Antuofermo.
4. Joe Frazier defeated Muhammad Ali on March 8, 1971 in what is widely known as The Fight of the Century.”
5. Sonny Banks in 1962. (Although Banks did lose the fight)
6. In 1939, John Henry Lewis tried to become the first Light Heavyweight champion in boxing history to go up in weight and conquer the world's Heavyweight championship when he faced world Heavyweight champion Joe Louis. Joe Louis knocked him out in the first round.
7. Rocky Marciano won all 49 of his fights, winning 43 of those by knockout.
8. Joe Louis.
9. Joe Frazier and Ken Norton.
10. Muhammad Ali, Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield.