- Sports and Recreation»
- Individual Sports
Sports Trivia Questions - Golf Trivia
Think you know professional golf trivia? I’ve put together some sports trivia questions from the world of professional golf that I think any golf fan would be interested in.
There have been many arguments over the years as to who the best golfer of all time is. A number of years ago, Tiger Woods when on a 10 year run, the likes of which we will probably never see again. He was winning virtually everything and most often doing it with record results. But if we are to measure the greatest by the number of majors (Masters, U.S. Open, British Open and PGA) won, then one man is still on top. Jack Nicklaus holds the record with 18 major victories. What makes Jack's record even more impressive is not just the 18 victories in majors, but also the 19 second place finishes. In fact, he has finished in the top three in majors an unbelievable 48 times!
But let's get back to the trivia. You may find some of these golf trivia questions a little easier than some of the others, but I think you will find all of them to be challenging. These questions cover a span throughout the 20th century, with some more recent, thrown in.
Test yourself and see how you do.
10 correct – You broke the course record with an eagle on the final hole.
7-9 correct – You broke par for the first time.
4-6 correct – You broke 100 for the first time.
1-3 correct – Your tee shot on the first hole finds the water.
0 correct – Your caddy ran off with the bag on the first tee.
Professional Golf Sports Trivia Questions
1. Who are the only professional golfers to win the career grand slam? (Winning all four majors, the Masters, U.S. Open, British Open and PGA during their career)
2. Sam Snead was one of the greatest golfers of all time and won every major but one. Name it.
3. Arnold Palmer, one of the greatest golfers of all time, won every major but one. Can you name it?
4. Which golfer holds the record for winning the most consecutive tournaments?
5. Jack Nicklaus is number one for most victories in major tournaments with 18 and Tiger Woods is second with 14. Who is third? (And is the only other player with double digit wins in major tournaments)
6. Three of the greatest golfers of all time were born within six months of each other. Can you name them?
7. Who has won more PGA tournaments than any other golfer?
8. Who has been called, “The World's Most Traveled Athlete?
9. Who was the first player to win a PGA tournament event and a Champions Tour event in the same year?
10. Which of golf’s four majors is the only one to be played in the same place every year?
Scroll down for the Golf Sports Trivia answers.
1. Only five golfers have won all four of golf’s Majors during their career. Gene Sarazen, Ben Hogan, Gary Player, Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods.
2. The U.S. Open. Sam finished second or tied for second four times, in 1937, 1947, 1949 and 1953.
3. Palmer never won the PGA, finishing second in 1964, 1968 and 1970.
4. Byron Nelson won 11 consecutive tournaments as part of his 18 total tournaments won in 1945.
5. Walter Hagen with 11.
6. Byron Nelson, Jr. (born February 4, 1912) Ben Hogan (born August 13, 1912) and Sam Snead (born May 27, 1912)
7. Sam Snead currently holds the record for most PGA tournament wins with 82.
8. Gary Player has earned the nickname, “The World's Most Traveled Athlete by racking up more than 14 million miles during his career.
9. Raymond Floyd won his final PGA event in 1992 at the age of 49 and later that season had his first win on the Champions Tour, making him the first player to win on both tours in the same year.
10. The Masters is held each year at the same location, Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta Georgia.