jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Who were/are the best group of players in basketball?

1. misstoughcookie97 profile image69
    misstoughcookie97posted 4 years ago

Either NBA or national team.

Croatia- Petrovic, Kukoc and Radja.

Yugoslavia- Divac, Petrovic, Kukoc,Radja and just about the whole team

Boston Celtics- Bird, McHale and Parish
                           - Garnett, Piece and Allen(before he left) 

Chicago Bulls- Jordan, Pippen, Kerr, Kukoc, Rodman and Grant

1. EJ Lambert profile image76
      EJ Lambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget the short-lived but unbelievable combination of Dr. J and Moses Malone.  In 1983 they joined forces and literally swept their way to a championship, not losing a single playoff game.  I can only imagine how good they would've been if they'd come together sooner.

2. billypetty22 profile image60
    billypetty22posted 4 years ago

behind the Celtics group of the 80's, Magic, Kareem and Worthy would be up there.

3. Darren Owens profile image59
    Darren Owensposted 4 years ago

Even though I don't like the Lakers, you have to put Kobe and Shaq in the conversation. The Bad Boys of the Pistons in 89-90 were a team to remember. My favorite were Run TMC for the Warriors. Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, and Chris Mullin. Too bad they never won a championship. Go Warriors!

4. misstoughcookie97 profile image69
    misstoughcookie97posted 4 years ago

I'm a strong disliker of the Lakers but I must admit the whole shaq, magic era was amazing!!!

5. Alphadogg16 profile image88
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

You would have to go with Bill Russell led Celtics (9 titles), The Jordan led Bulls (6 titles) and then the Magic led Lakers and Bird led Celtics......in this day & age...winning is the measurement of greatness.

6. jcales profile image62
    jcalesposted 4 years ago

Bulls - Jordan, Pippen, Kerr, Kukoc, Rodman and Grant (Ron Harper, BJ Armstrong, and a couple others)

Celtics - Garnett, Pierce, Rondo, and Allen ( Posey, Tony Allen, Sam Cassell, Eddie House, Kendrick Perkins, Leon Powe, Big Baby Davis)
          -        Bird, McHale, Parrish, DJ, Ainge, Maxwell

Lakers  - Shaq, Kobe, Fox, Horry, Fisher (Devean George, Brian Shaw)
                  Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Byron Scott, Cooper

Rockets - Olajuwon, Drexler, Thorpe, Horry, Cassell, ( I forget the bench plyrs)

You gotta give those bench players some credit as they did make a difference especially for the Celtics 08'  team which overpowered/intimidated the Lakers. I am an old school NBA fan, liked both the Lakers and Celtics, but not a Kobe fan (even though his skills are great & pretty). He's just polarizing like A-rod.

1. misstoughcookie97 profile image69
      misstoughcookie97posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Could not agree more!

working