jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Who Is The Greatest NFL Player Of All Time?

1. PhoenixV profile image82
    PhoenixVposted 4 years ago

Who Is The Greatest NFL Player Of All Time?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Phoenix. Most of them are Steelers! smile

2. Shawn Scarborough profile image83
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 4 years ago

Walter Payton or Johnny Unitas would get my vote.

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 years ago

Jerry Rice:)

1. PhoenixV profile image82
      PhoenixVposted 4 years agoin reply to this

He dominated.  He is a clear leader in many receiving stats. It makes you wonder what stats Montana and Young would've had, without him.

4. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Offensively.....I would have to go with Jim Brown.....by far the most dominate player. Defensively.....I would go with either Dick Butkus or Lawrence Taylor. Both changed the way their position is played.

5. Tim Quam profile image60
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

Football may be the most difficult sport to declare a best player because the positions are so varied.  How could you compare Tom Brady against Dick Butkus for instance?  It's not like basketball where everyone scores and rebounds, or baseball where you either hit or pitch or both.  So, for my pick, I'd like to go back to the days of one-platoon football and choose the Green Bay Packers Don Hutson, who was the game's first great pass catcher, and also made 30 career interceptions as a defender, and handled place-kicking duties.  In his 11 seasons he led NFL receivers in catches in eight seasons, in yards seven years, and in touchdowns eight times.  His 99 career TD receptions was an NFL record that lasted four decades.

working