jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Stephon Marbury gets waived...is he reaqlly worth that much?

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image28
    fishskinfreak2008posted 8 years ago

How much is Stephon Marbury REALLY worth? He averaged 15.6 ppg in '96-97 (his rookie season) and his best stretch was between 1998 and 2004 when he averaged 21.3, 22.2, 23.9, 20.4, 22.3, 20.2 and 2.17 ppg. respectively. For his last 2+ seasons with New York, Marbury has yet to average more than 20 points. OK, for those who argue that assists are more important than points for a point guard, Marbury's assists have also dropped from 7.8 in the '96-'97 season to his current average of 4.7.

2. bgpappa profile image84
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

Given his attitude, I don't think he is worth very much.  I hope the Celtics don't pick him up.  The thing I like most about that team is their chemistry.  He doesn't have a good track record for being a team guy.

3. Bruce Bostwick profile image69
    Bruce Bostwickposted 8 years ago

Depends on the amount of money being offered honestly.  Boston will probably go for him.  I don't see anyone else even taking a chance at signing him.

4. SeSharer profile image66
    SeSharerposted 8 years ago

Well, I hate this lonely wolf...

5. SeSharer profile image66
    SeSharerposted 8 years ago

Well, I hate this lonely wolf...

6. Junkster profile image56
    Junksterposted 8 years ago

I'd never say never but to be honest I think with players like Gabe Pruitt and Eddie House on the bench we aren't exactly crying out for a guard right now, it decent big guys to come on in place of garnett like how PJ Brown did late last year.

that's where we need coverage.

7. Bruce Bostwick profile image69
    Bruce Bostwickposted 8 years ago

Looks like Boston has Marbury for the rest of the season.  I believe he's expected to come off the bench mainly.

8. bgpappa profile image84
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

Hope it works out. He will give them a decent honeymoon, then we will see.  Ron Artest comes to mind in Sacramento.

1. Junkster profile image56
      Junksterposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If he can pull his weight until the end of the season then I'll be happy, plus chances are he'll gain some additional interest and perhaps become a good player to trade for someone we really need, like another Power Forward!

working