jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Favorite Every Day Carry Knives

1. Jeff Martin1 profile image82
    Jeff Martin1posted 4 weeks ago

What is your favorite knife; that you actually carry on a regular basis?

Many men and women,  from all walks of life, carry knives on a daily basis; and everybody that carries a knife has a favorite.

My favorite knife is the Victorinox Swiss Champ; but lately my EDC knife has been the Victorinox EvoGrip S17, because it is much easier to carry, and has a locking blade.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13665030_f1024.jpg

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image90
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 weeks ago

Mine's a Kershaw. I guess the locking blade is five or six inches. The lower part of the blade is serrated so it can cut through rope, etc. I can flick the blade out fast as imaginable, and it holds an edge really well. Good steel.

Jeff Martin1posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Kershaw is a good brand. I have been wanting to get a Kershaw Blur. It looks pretty sweet.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image90
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Pawn shops are the places I like to shop for knives. Folks spend for knives when they have plenty of cash, but like jewelry, knives are some of the first things they'll hock at the pawn shop when they get desperate. Not that I like to see people hocking things, but I do like paying very little for nice things.

There is a pawn shop by where I work that tends to have some pretty nice knives.

The last time I went up there, they had some older Victorinix SAKS, that were in good condition.

Trying to get my fiancee to let me drop the cash on one.

3. Mamerto profile image88
    Mamertoposted 4 weeks ago

Mine is the Leatherman crater. I use it a lot at work. As a back-up I carry an Opinel no 6.

You know; I had never heard of the Crater, and now I want one.

4. Oscarlites profile image46
    Oscarlitesposted 4 weeks ago

I have a Gerber pocketknife, an uncle henry folding belt knife, and a russell-dexter 12 inch fillet knife in the kitchen..  other knives include my parker brand stainless steel skinning knife.   Sure I have a gerber multi tool, and maybe a small swiss folding knife in my bedroom junk box.

I have been wanting to pick up. couple of the older style knives, like Uncle Henry and Old Timers.

They aren't tacticool, but the make you feel all gentlemanly when you pull one out.

1. Randy Godwin profile image91
        Randy Godwinposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Working on the family farm my entire life I've had numerous good quality knives over the years. I've also worn a Leatherman multitool on my belt for several decades. The Leatherman has an excellent knife as well as a handy little saw if needed. This tool has saved me much time by not having to search for pliers or screwdrivers. I have a good collection of different pocket knives which I choose to carry according to my particular task.

Have you thought about the Victorinox Farmer or Pioneer?

I have been thinking about getting one or the other.

They are supposed to be more geared towards farm/outdoors type people.

1. Randy Godwin profile image91
            Randy Godwinposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

They are good knives depending on what you want to use them for. I'm a bit rough on knives at times, but that's the nature of farm work.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image90
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I had three. I gave one to my younger brother so he'd have one of his grandfather's knives. I kinda felt bad for having possession of all three of grandpa's good pocket knives. Old Timers. There is an Old Henry, but my dad has that one. I'm happy to wait many more years to get that one.

5. Mamerto profile image88
    Mamertoposted 4 weeks ago

The crater is a good knife. It is basically Leatherman's version of an assisted opening Victorinox. It had extra tools and pretty hardworking too.

Probably going to have to add the Crater to my Christmas list.

6. Paul Wingert profile image78
    Paul Wingertposted 4 weeks ago

Switch-blade stiletto.

Nice.
      Stay gold, Ponyboy; stay gold.

working