jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

Must-Have Every Day Carry Item

1. Jeff Martin1 profile image82
    Jeff Martin1posted 4 weeks ago

The term "Every Day Carry" (EDC) is typically used to describe guns and/or knives. 

In this case; I am not talking about self defense weapons. (FYI: I do not count multi-tools or SAKs as weapons; because they include various tools.)

There are many other types of items that people choose to carry on their person every day; to help get them through their day-to-day tasks.

What is the one item, or "tool", that you HAVE to carry on you every day?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image86
      Jeremy Gillposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Fudging a bit, because they're in my car, not on my person, but I always keep a change of clothes handy.

I normally dress in jeans and a nice shirt for college and work, but often I find a friend who wants to hang out and exercise. Thus, it's always good to have some sportys duds handy, and it also helps if a bad stain or tear ever arises. Plus, they're nice if we just want to be lazy in comfortable clothes together.

2. Jeff Martin1 profile image82
    Jeff Martin1posted 4 weeks ago

Well, I guess you still carry it with you every day; so it still counts.

3. clynne profile image88
    clynneposted 4 weeks ago

My laptop and/or tablet.

Jeff Martin1posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Out of curiosity; is this because you NEED it for work, or because you NEED it for entertainment?

Sometimes I feel lost without  my cell phone; because I NEED the distraction sometimes.

4. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago

Dog poop bags - useful for so many things. And wet wipes. Ditto.

5. poppyr profile image91
    poppyrposted 4 weeks ago

Perfume, deodarent, notebook and pen are always in my bag. You never know, right?

I  keep meaning to add a pen to my EDC.

My SwissChamp (big Swiss Army Knife) had a pen cartridge on the handles; so I at least had that.

My current SAK does not have one, so I have been thinking about getting this telescopic key chain pen. It extends to a full sized.

6. Mamerto profile image88
    Mamertoposted 4 weeks ago

A field note, mechanical pencil, two key-chain tools and a cellphone with accessories.

What kind of key chain tools do you have?

The hardware store, by my house, has a display full of cool key chain tools and accessories.

I have to avert my eyes when I walk in.

7. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 4 weeks ago

I always have a watch and a wallet.  Usually a phone and car keys (no mass transit near me).

There are many different kinds of tools you can keep in your wallet.

I did an article on my PocketMonkey.

It is sort of like those "survival cards" you see on F all the time; but there is no blade, It is more office friendly.

Who could be intimidated by a little mernkey???

8. Terrielynn1 profile image85
    Terrielynn1posted 4 weeks ago

Phone, tissue, notebook, pen, lipstick, bandaids, wallet and day planner, comb and business cards.

What kind of pen?

What I mean is; is it a specialty pen, like a Space Pen? or just like a plain BIC pen?

9. Terrielynn1 profile image85
    Terrielynn1posted 4 weeks ago

It's a pen with a stylus on the end for tablets or phones.

I have one of those. The whole reason I got it was so that I would be better at the Draw Something game.............. Didn't help.

10. Mamerto profile image88
    Mamertoposted 4 weeks ago

Actually I have this Nite Ize doohic key and swiss tech tool key. They are good complements for my knives.

working